Summer 2014 Itineraries

I can get it on Thomsons, I was just trying to compare prices.

I've just shown it to hubby and we are very very tempted.

I will have to do some research on prices.

Geo, does the 'pub' give prices on the web or did you have to phone?

Geo, does the 'pub' give prices on the web or did you have to phone?

Unfortunately you have to call or email, do your research first and have a buget in mind they will (better than) match, I’ve had very good service from my last couple of enquiries;)

Just been looking at P&O's fly cruises for next year. Looks like they're going to be cheaper than Thomson, about £300 cheaper it seems. Looks like they're going to have some stiff competition then. But, even though it seems the itineraries are a bit underwhelming for next year, they're better than the P&O ones. In terms of price though, how much better? :rolleyes:

Just been looking at P&O's fly cruises for next year. Looks like they're going to be cheaper than Thomson, about £300 cheaper it seems. Looks like they're going to have some stiff competition then. But, even though it seems the itineraries are a bit underwhelming for next year, they're better than the P&O ones. In terms of price though, how much better? :rolleyes:

P&o itineries are not that shabby, especially if you are a first time cruiser

This what i got

fly Gatwick to Venice, sail 8.30pm

sea day

Kotor

Corfu

sea day

Civitavechia

Ajacio

Savona

Livorno

seaday

Naples

sea day

Dubrovnik

half sea day

afternoon and overnight in Venice

fly home

Outside cabin £2224 plus £70 obc including flights

the single supplement works out at 52% which is not as good as Thomsons 30% average.

I will be interested to see what the Majesty prices come to.

ps the basic P&O price is exclusive of flights. They cost from £250 return

I would still expect thomson to be competitiive but with older ships.

I also costed a 7 nighter to norway in July. For an outside single cabin P&O's Azura is £70 dearer taking all costs into account. For a solo i would go for Azura and a lovely quiet large outside cabin.

P&o itineries are not that shabby, especially if you are a first time cruiser

This what i got

fly Gatwick to Venice, sail 8.30pm

sea day

Kotor

Corfu

sea day

Civitavechia

Ajacio

Savona

Livorno

seaday

Naples

sea day

Dubrovnik

half sea day

afternoon and overnight in Venice

fly home

Outside cabin £2224 plus £70 obc including flights

the single supplement works out at 52% which is not as good as Thomsons 30% average.

I will be interested to see what the Majesty prices come to.

ps the basic P&O price is exclusive of flights. They cost from £250 return

I would still expect thomson to be competitiive but with older ships.

I also costed a 7 nighter to norway in July. For an outside single cabin P&O's Azura is £70 dearer taking all costs into account. For a solo i would go for Azura and a lovely quiet large outside cabin.

An overnight in Venice would most definitely persuade me! Would love Thomson to consider that, maybe for four Adriatic Explorer cruises in the season they could drop a port to do a Venice overnight.

Fancy a poll? Got a new one on my blog:

Thomson Cruises Summer 2014 Itineraries - Your Opinion

What do you think of Thomson Cruises summer 2014 itineraries? What you hoped for? Just OK? Or do you feel something is missing?

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/thomson-cruises-summer-2014-itineraries-your-opinion/

The poll is what you think of the summer 2014 programme. There's four options, basically, very good, alright, below average, terrible.

What I'm going to do is combine the results of this poll, the P&O one and the poll that kalos has done and do a post comparing the results. :)

An overnight in Venice would most definitely persuade me! Would love Thomson to consider that, maybe for four Adriatic Explorer cruises in the season they could drop a port to do a Venice overnight.

the Venice overnight attracted me as well although you only get the full day and a half if you take a 14 nighter from Savona. I opted to do the other way round as Savona is new for me and if my flight is an early one i will be aboard in Venice at about Lunchtime. There may be an opportunity to go ashore if the ship does not sail until 8.30. effectively 9 full ports.

I still intend to book another 14 nighter and a 7 night filler. Hopefully Majesty will figure in there somewhere.

I used to like cd....always used to be a little cheaper than the thoms web

but like a lot of things thoms....have gone downhill since the refurb

am now looking at other ta's most notably one in scotland (sounds like something you may find in a pub) very helpful....thanks dreamgirl for that tip btw (thumbup)

They are not as good as they were last year geo, Thomson have but their commission rate, they seem to have cut everyone's! :rolleyes:

Co-op can sometimes do a decent deal when you cash in the divvy points, worth giving them a go ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

We actually got that when we did it on the Spirit as they were given wrong fuel in Slovenia, we lost 8 hours and had a Miguel with not many lights and half air con, they decided to miss out split and give us one and a half days in Venice to put schedule right, it was great and we got £150 each compensation the same day . Can you believe some people moaned! !! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What do you think of Thomson Cruises summer 2014 itineraries? What you hoped for? Just OK? Or do you feel something is missing?

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/thomson-cruises-summer-2014-itineraries-your-opinion/

The poll is what you think of the summer 2014 programme. There's four options, basically, very good, alright, below average, terrible.

What I'm going to do is combine the results of this poll, the P&O one and the poll that kalos has done and do a post comparing the results. :)

I've voted, picked the one that said :

ok, , will most likely book etc but could be better....... :D

It's definitely two halves isn't it?:rolleyes:

I love the ex UK itineraries but think the others are a bit 'samey'

However I have noticed on closer inspection that Rapallo is included and have wanted to go there since Kruzseeker did such a rave review for someone.

I'll go and vote now.:confused::)

It's definitely two halves isn't it?:rolleyes:

I love the ex UK itineraries but think the others are a bit 'samey'

However I have noticed on closer inspection that Rapallo is included and have wanted to go there since Kruzseeker did such a rave review for someone.

I'll go and vote now.:confused::)

Oops! That makes me nervous! Yes it was a lovely spot happy v and we thoroughly enjoyed our excursion to Portofino from there - beautiful area but just to put it in context - perhaps I was so enthusiastic because if I remember correctly it was a change of port as we had been intending to go to Genoa. Now we'd been to Genoa before and found it interesting and a pleasant enough stop but the swap for us was great as we went to somewhere which by contrast was very picturesque and charming and new! I'm sure you'd like Rapallo and the surrounding area but please don't choose the itinerary just for that - too much responsibility! :o:D;)

Have voted too - interesting how the % are coming through at the moment. I'm a bit disappointed to say the least as nothing is really exciting me. Perhaps we'll book Thomson but I'll keep my options open and must confess to looking far more proactively at other companies and offers around than ever before.

One thing which will definitely put the tin hat on Thomson itineraries for me would be moving to more fly-cruise itineraries with two sea days.

I know there are some like the ex-UK and relocations which have more which is unavoidable because of the distances involved. These can be very appealing itinerary-wise, offer a chance to go to ports of call which are more unusual or one-offs and often represent good value too. But I would be checking out other companies very carefully to compare cost with the number of ports of call before committing. As much as we love the Thomson ambience, the itinerary is top of the list for us in terms of cruise choice and the more destinations the better!

Unfortunately all flights from down South

Have voted too, i think next year it may be P & 0 or Celebrity, other than the Adriatic explorer which i would do over and over again, nothing has jumped out with the Wow, must do that one!

The black sea looks interesting but late in the Season (pity they are not doing it Jan 2014 the i could decamp at Sochi and stay for the winter olympics :D - Thomson you missed a trick there, floating hotel and daily trips with tickets to see the events lol :D )

I may be being blonde but i could not find any repositioning cruises,(other than 1 Marmaris to Cyprus) have i missed something??:confused:

Have voted too, i think next year it may be P & 0 or Celebrity, other than the Adriatic explorer which i would do over and over again, nothing has jumped out with the Wow, must do that one!

The black sea looks interesting but late in the Season (pity they are not doing it Jan 2014 the i could decamp at Sochi and stay for the winter olympics :D - Thomson you missed a trick there, floating hotel and daily trips with tickets to see the events lol :D )

I may be being blonde but i could not find any repositioning cruises,(other than 1 Marmaris to Cyprus) have i missed something??:confused:

Hi topsey sure your hair colour hasn't anything to do with it at all. :D I've tried to find some but am left a bit confused! :confused: You will no doubt have seen some of these but here are some I think are right!

I think there are a few Oct 13

Dream TA

Celebration Marmaris to Portsmouth *

Spirit Harwich to Limassol

and in Nov 13

Majesty Corfu - Limassol

in April 14;

Celebration Sharm to Marmaris

Majesty Canaries to Corfu

Spirit Cyprus to Newcastle

and Dream has the Transatlantic

September 14

Spirit Harwich to Maramris

Oct 14

Spirit Marmaris to Limassol

I may have missed some - can't see how Majesty gets to Corfu early May 14 - must be a repo itinerary there - but can't find it. Also haven't found late season relocations for Celebration, Dream or Majesty - perhaps they aren't out yet - I'm sure Sailaway will know and also spot any errors I've made! :D

* In Oct there is one I don't undersatnd - Celebration to Portsmouth end of October?????????? Or is it a dry dock issue? This is off the Thomson site 'itineraries' - a mistake or not?

Oops! That makes me nervous! Yes it was a lovely spot happy v and we thoroughly enjoyed our excursion to Portofino from there - beautiful area but just to put it in context - perhaps I was so enthusiastic because if I remember correctly it was a change of port as we had been intending to go to Genoa. Now we'd been to Genoa before and found it interesting and a pleasant enough stop but the swap for us was great as we went to somewhere which by contrast was very picturesque and charming and new! I'm sure you'd like Rapallo and the surrounding area but please don't choose the itinerary just for that - too much responsibility! :o:D;)

Don't panic K,;).

I was thinking of it as a base to get to Cinque Terre.

Also our wedding anniversary is in May and usually look to see if there is anything we can do around the date.

At the minute just basically mulling things around.

Definitely in agreement over amount of sea days we usually go for 2 weeks and being stuck on a ship in the Med for that long would be a nightmare for us. I don't mind from UK as there is a purpose to it and extra entertainment is provided but just wandering around trying to find somewhere to sit wouldn't appeal at all.

Don't panic K,;).

I was thinking of it as a base to get to Cinque Terre.

Also our wedding anniversary is in May and usually look to see if there is anything we can do around the date.

At the minute just basically mulling things around.

Definitely in agreement over amount of sea days we usually go for 2 weeks and being stuck on a ship in the Med for that long would be a nightmare for us. I don't mind from UK as there is a purpose to it and extra entertainment is provided but just wandering around trying to find somewhere to sit wouldn't appeal at all.

Oh well if you're looking at the Cinque Terre - I will rave about that! :D:D:D Now that is somewhere quite different, so unusual and very romantic. Just right for a wedding anniversary! ;)

Crickey Manchester is down south? Just over 3.5 hours from Glasgow to the airport direct

I'm with Jim here, and it would only take us 2.5 hours.:)

I would do it for somewhere exotic.....but the Med, no chance.

I was going to look at P&O, to see what they had on offer after the good press they had been getting on here recently.

Archived