Formal nights on Celebrity (Australia & NZ)

Barry - We are watching you - even on the AU and NZ board - there is no escape.

Louise D.

Cunard FP - Southern Region.

Yes, Louise -- they are just amateurs here when it comes to "discussions" about dress codes. I once read somewhere that the dress sense of Aussies is - casual to the point of indifference !! :D

I think I will look like a right "Wally" on VOS in my standard Cunard issue black Tux (with White dinner jacket as a "tropical" addendum). But I bought them for our Cunard cruises - and I'ma gunna wear'em!! :D I will even wear my self-tie bow-tie -- IF I can find it. You see, my wife has LOST it and I went to a great deal of trouble to get one of them in Marks and Spencer store in Southampton. They are as rare as hen's teeth here in Australia - but in the UK, you can buy one on almost any street corner!! :D Of course, a correctly attired man would NEVER wear a pre-tied bowtie!! :eek:

Barry

There you go Barry, the Cunard Special Branch have you under observation, you had better go and buy another tuxedo to go with the other 3 you have. Got to keep the standard up on Cunard old boy, even in steerage class. LOL. Or are you in Queens Grill or perhaps Princess Grill? Surely not in Britannia with the plebs.

Tally Ho. Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen and all that.

Les

I really tried to get a cabin down in steerage class - you know, where Kate and Leonardo had all that fun with the dancing and the Irish music and all?? But apparently, they don't do that any more - you have to go to listen to the string Quartets and the classical piano recitals. Well, at least they still have some decent English Ales onboard!!:D

Barry

Les

I really tried to get a cabin down in steerage class - you know, where Kate and Leonardo had all that fun with the dancing and the Irish music and all?? But apparently, they don't do that any more - you have to go to listen to the string Quartets and the classical piano recitals. Well, at least they still have some decent English Ales onboard!!:D

Barry

Thanks Barry, Gawd, who started this B....y thread.

Barry - We are watching you - even on the AU and NZ board - there is no escape.

Louise D.

So funny Louise :) Barry can run but he can't hide.

I see you are the southern region FP - who does the eastern region or is that still in your territory? :) :)

Yes, Louise -- they are just amateurs here when it comes to "discussions" about dress codes. I once read somewhere that the dress sense of Aussies is - casual to the point of indifference !! :D

Barry

Casual to the point of indifference? Not necessarily - at least not the Australians who travelled on QM2 during the circumnavigation of Australia last year. There was no overall "slippage" of standards. Of course, whenever the FP are known to be on board, passengers do try to make a special effort.

I will again be present during the next World cruise of the QM2, including the circumnavigation of NZ. I am confident that the required standards will be maintained.

So funny Louise :) Barry can run but he can't hide.

I see you are the southern region FP - who does the eastern region or is that still in your territory? :) :)

Barry has indeed been running from us for some time. We tried to catch him on the QM2 in February 2011 but he failed to attend the CC meeting which we had scheduled as a ploy to get him into our clutches.

The Cunard FP is a small organisation, but I am responsible for all points south of Sydney. We have another agent in the Northern regions.

Louise D

Casual to the point of indifference? Not necessarily - at least not the Australians who travelled on QM2 during the circumnavigation of Australia last year. There was no overall "slippage" of standards. Of course, whenever the FP are known to be on board, passengers do try to make a special effort.

I will again be present during the next World cruise of the QM2, including the circumnavigation of NZ. I am confident that the required standards will be maintained.

Barry has indeed been running from us for some time. We tried to catch him on the QM2 in February 2011 but he failed to attend the CC meeting which we had scheduled as a ploy to get him into our clutches.

The Cunard FP is a small organisation, but I am responsible for all points south of Sydney. We have another agent in the Northern regions.

Louise D

That would probably have been because I wasn't on QM2 in Feb 2011 :D I was however on it in Feb 2012 and did attend the CC meeting -- ask Rob!!:D We got on famously:D

Barry

That would probably have been because I wasn't on QM2 in Feb 2011 :D I was however on it in Feb 2012 and did attend the CC meeting -- ask Rob!!:D We got on famously:D

Barry

That's strange as I thought that you did the short trip across from Sydney to NZ in Feb 2011 around the time of the earthquake when we were diverted from Lyttleton to Wellington? Well, I must be thinking of someone else.

If you were on in Feb 2012, (ie this year), then you must have been on the circumnavigation of Australia? I was at the three CC meetings organised by Whitemarsh. You must have been hiding behind the piano:cool:.

That's strange as I thought that you did the short trip across from Sydney to NZ in Feb 2011 around the time of the earthquake when we were diverted from Lyttleton to Wellington? Well, I must be thinking of someone else.

If you were on in Feb 2012, (ie this year), then you must have been on the circumnavigation of Australia? I was at the three CC meetings organised by Whitemarsh. You must have been hiding behind the piano:cool:.

You know more about me than I do :D:D - you are right, I WAS on QM2 in Feb 2011 - and was on her again in Jun2012. :o

Barry

Never underestimate the Cunard FP. :eek: Our observational powers are legendary.

Louise D.

Mmmm, the plot thickens, Louise D is from the Cunard Secret Police I fear, read this quickly, as it will self destruct Barry. I am staying away from Cunard, too many spies and besides, alas I have no Tuxedo or Dinner Suit any more, some poor pensioner in Lincolnshire is running around in it. LOL.

Outta here. Louise D is Southern Region rep south of Sydney, that is me.

Les, a dedicated Cunard cruiser will tell you that Louise is not "secret police". Her title is much more lofty - she is one of the "fashion police" no less.

Ah, for the cut and thrust of the dress topics over on the Cunard thread.:)

Mate, I would say Commissioner of the Cunard Fashion Police, no doubt.

(I note thou art from Canberra, no doubt you have visited our shores, over the mountain down at the 'Bay.' Canberra Costa Brava' I call Batemans Bay, LOL.) We need the Canberra dollars to survive.

Just back to the original question for a moment...

There is a sadly deluded woman over on the Celebrity forum who is claiming that Formal Night applies to the whole ship. I just thought I'd jump in before she posts here and point out that she is obviously wrong. Celebrity clearly states that formal night does not apply to the specialty restaurants and Blu, although some people may choose to dress formally anyway and good on them if they do.

It will be fun to see how this pans out in the Australian market.

I must pop over to the thread and have a look. :) Has no one pointed out what the documentation says? Just to be certain I will double check but I am pretty sure you are correct - the specialty restaurants and Blu, as well as the buffet do not require formal wear.

Mate, I would say Commissioner of the Cunard Fashion Police, no doubt.

(I note thou art from Canberra, no doubt you have visited our shores, over the mountain down at the 'Bay.' Canberra Costa Brava' I call Batemans Bay, LOL.) We need the Canberra dollars to survive.

Yea, verily, I do hail from Canberra - and yes, do visit the Bay on occasion. We try to stay away in summer though when it seems that most of Canberra migrates there.

Just back to the original question for a moment...

There is a sadly deluded woman over on the Celebrity forum who is claiming that Formal Night applies to the whole ship. I just thought I'd jump in before she posts here and point out that she is obviously wrong. Celebrity clearly states that formal night does not apply to the specialty restaurants and Blu, although some people may choose to dress formally anyway and good on them if they do.

It will be fun to see how this pans out in the Australian market.

Crikey, please do not invite that lady over here!

TBH - I don't care what anyone thinks.

I will be wearing my formal black codpiece with a dickey bow on it :eek: and there WILL BE tassles on my nipples but in the spirit of the evening one will have the Australian flag and the other the US flag.

I will shave my palms and knuckles. I was thinking of the leather chaps but lent them to Tony Abbott as his budgie smugglers were in the wash last night and they still hadn't dried. :D

TBH - I don't care what anyone thinks.

I will be wearing my formal black codpiece with a dickey bow on it :eek: and there WILL BE tassles on my nipples but in the spirit of the evening one will have the Australian flag and the other the US flag.

I will shave my palms and knuckles. I was thinking of the leather chaps but lent them to Tony Abbott as his budgie smugglers were in the wash last night and they still hadn't dried. :D

LOL:):):) You are a naughty girl, don't let debsta come on board:eek:

Archived