Still No Cabin Assignment

BassettMom

Booked a guarantee cabin on my Panama Canal cruise, leaving in 15 days, and still no cabin assigned. I booked an inside MM category--I'd rather book more cruises than spend a lot on just one cruise (and I'm happy with insides since I'm not claustrophobic and don't spend much time in the cabin).

Anyway, I used to check every week for a cabin assignment, then a couple of weeks ago, started checking almost every day. Now I find myself starting to check twice a day. My last cruise on HAL, I didn't get a cabin until 10 days before, so I tell myself to be patient, but the anticipation is building.

Booking a guarantee is a lot like Christmas. I feel like a kid waiting to find out what Santa is bringing me. I know what I asked Santa for and will be happy to get what I asked for (but there's always the possibility of getting more :D).

I actually like the anticipation (like "shaking" that present under the tree and wondering what's inside).

Anyone else waiting for cabin assignments feel this way? (Or am I crazy?) :D

Booked a guarantee cabin on my Panama Canal cruise, leaving in 15 days, and still no cabin assigned. I booked an inside MM category--I'd rather book more cruises than spend a lot on just one cruise (and I'm happy with insides since I'm not claustrophobic and don't spend much time in the cabin).

Anyway, I used to check every week for a cabin assignment, then a couple of weeks ago, started checking almost every day. Now I find myself starting to check twice a day. My last cruise on HAL, I didn't get a cabin until 10 days before, so I tell myself to be patient, but the anticipation is building.

Booking a guarantee is a lot like Christmas. I feel like a kid waiting to find out what Santa is bringing me. I know what I asked Santa for and will be happy to get what I asked for (but there's always the possibility of getting more :D).

I actually like the anticipation (like "shaking" that present under the tree and wondering what's inside).

Yes, you are crazy! :D HAL crazy, anyway. We have a similar situation on the Ryndam for New Years, booked an NN guarantee (there's only 1 NN category cabin from what I can see on the deck plans), so have been checking almost daily for an assignment. We'll truly be happy with the NN if that's what we get, but do find ourselves wondering, like you, what Santa will bring. I'm sure I'll soon be checking daily. Crazy is as crazy does!

Edited by 0bnxshs

Our cruise is 26 days away on the Westerdam. The waiting is part of the game. On our last cruise (on a Princess ship), we did not find out until we had already started the tour portion before the cruise. We received a great upgrade to a deluxe ocean view from the obstructed view guarantee we had booked.

Yes, you are crazy! :D HAL crazy, anyway. We have a similar situation on the Ryndam for New Years, booked an NN guarantee (there's only 1 NN category cabin from what I can see on the deck plans), so have been checking almost daily for an assignment. We'll truly be happy with the NN if that's what we get, but do find ourselves wondering, like you, what Santa will bring. I'm sure I'll soon be checking daily. Crazy is as crazy does!

You're not crazy (yet). When you get down to checking every hour, let us know!:D

Have a great trip in what ever cabin you get.

We have a SC GTY on the Westerdam departing on Dec 9. Right now there are no SCs available, 2 SBs, and 6 SAs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the SB in the stern with the lovely wrap verandah. Regardless of what I get, I wish it would happen soon. Let's just say I'm on the frequent checker list :D

I'm still waiting for my assignment as well and we leave in 10 days. I got another upsell offer today for the PS or a category S. This was my third upsell offer and we currently have a B gty booked. I'm not known for my patience so I check daily. Hoping I find out soon and even though I will be happy with any balcony cabin, an upgrade would definitely be enjoyed :)

On our first Holland cruise we got our cabin a few weeks before. We then got a last minute upgrade only no one told us. Our key would not work in the cabin. The customer service desk told me that was not our cabin!

You're not crazy (yet). When you get down to checking every hour, let us know!:D

Whew--since I'm only checking twice a day, guess I'm OK. :D

Most of our 8 assignments have come at 11 or 10 days out, between 4:00p and 5:00p Pacific time. :)

Now you've done it--I'll probably be watching the clock now. ;)

I know all the other times I've done a guarantee, that I've gotten the room assignment at 10 days out and with Thanksgiving coming up, it might take a little longer....but that doesn't stop me from checking. Glad to know I'm not the only "frequent checker" around.

On our first Holland cruise we got our cabin a few weeks before. We then got a last minute upgrade only no one told us. Our key would not work in the cabin. The customer service desk told me that was not our cabin!

Yikes! But nice that you got an upgrade.

I had an upgrade last year on a Princess cruise from an inside to an oceanview (ship wasn't full at all). Got the call 2 days before sailing; I had a confirmed room (not a guarantee that time), so they called to ask if I wanted to move. When I went to my cabin, my key worked fine, but someone else's name was on my door, and my TA amenities didn't transfer over--they forgot to tell the cabin steward. Went to passenger services desk and they confirmed I had been moved and transferred my OBC over with no problem. By that evening, my cabin steward brought my other TA gifts and my name was changed on my door. So no real issue--there's bound to be a couple of glitches now and then.

Not crazy at all. I likened the wait to Christmas just a day or two ago. I am at 3.5 weeks and I still check a couple times a day. Interesting observation made about the end of the day Pacific Time. I will have to keep that in mind.

Don't worry. I always book guarantees and have never had a problem (45 cruises to date). If you want an upsell, initiate yourself either through your TA or with the line if you booked it yourself. HAL will bargain and you can get an incredible deal. Otherwise just wait. You won't be disappointed.

Bon voyage (and it will be!!!):)