Grand suite

NanaL

Priority boarding and departure, concierge lounge access, reserved seating on pool deck and for shows, double cruise points, gold seapass card, cheese tray and fruit tray delivered during the week.

Well, that's a start. I'm sure someone will add anything I forgot. There is a section on the RCL web page that lists everything.

I'm sure someone will post a link since I'm not sure how to do it from my phone, but suite perks are listed on the RCI website. Besides the extra real estate, you get priority boarding, reserved areas at shows and near the pool and admission to the concierge lounge which offers many things including cocktails from 5-8:30 each evening. I know you will enjoy it and keep checking prices, we've gotten some great senior rates.

A couple more things. If you're going to Labadee, you also get the use of Barefoot Beach with an upgraded buffet. We were just on EX and have had GS twice. This last time (Nov 4-15) we were in 1270.

You don't have to get in line to get ice show tickets. Just show your gold card and they'll let you walk in. You also get towels without having your card scanned. Makes it easy for return, just drop it in the bin, no need to stand in line to have it removed from you card.

Also, full dining room menu for dinner from room service. Gold card members also get breakfast in the specialty restaurant (on EX it's Portofino) every morning.

You also get towels without having your card scanned. Makes it easy for return, just drop it in the bin, no need to stand in line to have it removed from you card.

Wow, I never knew this.

Is this on all ships?

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Have had GS 2X on Explorer and going on 3rd time this NYE - you will Love IT! Concierge lounge is very nice - and furniture on balcony is wonderful. You can order off the MDR menu during operating hours! It was nice to have eggs benedict on the balcony. Once you have one its hard to go back.

You also get towels without having your card scanned. Makes it easy for return, just drop it in the bin, no need to stand in line to have it removed from you card.

Wow, I never knew this.

Is this on all ships?

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

As far as I know. It was the same on Freedom too.

The first time we sailed Freedom, the towels were in our bathroom in the suite.

This year, they were not.

When we asked we were told we had to get them at the pool.

:( sad face,

Thanks for the scoop.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Our first time in a GS, we had towels in the room. They changed it after that.

I'll be the first to say this....the only problem with a GS is once you sail in one, you will never go back to a smaller room. The perks are unbelievably if you want to be spoiled rotten. Also, you get free dvd's from the concierge which I don't think was mentioned yet.

We tend to alternate between JS and GS. We do love GS, but the deposit is so high. We don't like tying up that much money for a year or more since to get a GS on EX, you have to grab one at least a year out. They go fast. We've had 3 GS, 3 JS and one balcony. We have a JS booked on EX and AL next year. We're now Diamond so we can use the Diamond event/lounge, but we do enjoy the GS.

We had them twice, once on Mariner of the Seas, and once on Radiance of the Seas. Loved everything about it. We are spoiled now! I don't think we will ever go back to anything smaller. :D

We have another cruise on the Mariner coming up next month.

I think my wife posted some pictures of the suites. You can see them at the links below featuring our RC cruises.

Happy Sailing!

We have had the GS a couple of times on Expl. the perks are very nice. But it is not the same on all ships. We booked Visions for March and was told by the RA the perks were the same, guess what, not. They have no CL, special seating by the pool and I dont thing they have speical breakfast area. But we decided to keep the suite anyway. But next time we will do our own checking.

We have had the GS a couple of times on Expl. the perks are very nice. But it is not the same on all ships. We booked Visions for March and was told by the RA the perks were the same, guess what, not. They have no CL, special seating by the pool and I dont thing they have speical breakfast area. But we decided to keep the suite anyway. But next time we will do our own checking.

Vision will get a CL during its upcoming refurbishment.

Our first time in a GS, we had towels in the room. They changed it after that.

We had them in our room in the Mariner and Freedom but not on the Navigator. When we inquired they had a perplexed look and even sent the head of housekeeping down to apoligize but said it wasn't that way on the Navigator. They did already have towels in the reserved seating area so no big deal if you wanted to sit in that area, which we did and they were much nicer than the regular towels.

Sorry. I am jumping up and down having a hissy fit. :mad: We were scheduled in a GS on Adventurer for our 25th anniversary 3 years ago and had to cancel due to eye surgery. At the time, trying to save my eyesight. After 6 surgeries, didn't work so much. Now DH and I are kicking our hinnies. We should have told the docs put the surgery off till we get back. Closest I have gotten is a JS.

Have to say one thing. Our first cruise was in a balcony. Loved it. Second, a "suite" on CCL. Ooo, a bathtub and extra room. Third, a JS on Rhapsody. Missed the GS on the B2B. Hooray, a JS on Majesty (OK I know it isn't much real estate but I really did try to get a GS). Lord, now we are sent back to the "masses" on "just a balcony" on our Brilliance cruise. I don't know how I will be able to stand it. Except the JS on Majesty is probably smaller than our balcony on Brilliance. One of these days, I will get a GS if it kills me - OK I want to go and then it can kill me!:D I...just...can't...bring...myself...to...sail....in...anything....less...than...a ...balcony. Do I need professional help?:confused:

Go for the GS. Have had three times and fourth on Mariner in February. Not being snobbish, but I won't cruise any longer without going in a GS. Love the perks and extra real estate. To me the GS is well worth the extra $$$$. Life is short so enjoy every vacation as you wish

Thanks everyone for all the great info, it sounds great. We are having a special anniversary so we thought we would go big (lol).

Linda

Since it is a special Anniversary, go for it.

I think the biggest perk would be the Concierge Lounge (free alcohol!)

If you have tender ports, it is wonderful to be front of the line by just showing your sea pass card.

Many other useful perks.

Beware though, once you have gone on GS, you may find it hard to accept anything less.

Archived