Brilliance Review

lovelife

Thank you for your review. We will be aboard the Brilliance one week from this Saturday, and on a B2B, we have your itinerary on our second week.:)

Rick

Rick, tell Nisha and Rigoberto in Portofino's that the Pluger's said "Hi". She'll remember Jim as the one who tripped over the threshold the first night. We gave them our Wow cards. And don't forget to call Betsy "Tyra Banks", her BF is a first officer on the bridge and he looks like Richard Gere

Rick, tell Nisha and Rigoberto in Portofino's that the Pluger's said "Hi". She'll remember Jim as the one who tripped over the threshold the first night. We gave them our Wow cards. And don't forget to call Betsy "Tyra Banks", her BF is a first officer on the bridge and he looks like Richard Gere

Wolf, consider it done!

Rick

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures!

I am booked on the Transatlantic in April but now I am quite concerned about the sewage smell on deck 4. My cabin is mid ship but on deck 4 :(

I have emailed my travel agent to see what he can recommend. It would definitely be a deal breaker for me. I am very sensitive to smells. :(

The strongest smell was around the Guest Relations area and I did not venture forward past the lobby on deck four. Hopefully someone who has sailed deck four midship can advise you.

I am booked for January and have this same concern so I am reading every forum and member review posted. My cabin is on deck 8 and that deck also seems to be getting a bad review.

see below from a member review:

Very clean and did not show its age but there was an awful odor around decks 4 and 8 that was disturbing but I never lingered around those areas, our room on 7 was not affected.

All one can hope is it was passengers flushing things they should not and not an actual plumbing problem.

I managed to change my cabin to deck 7.

I am concerned as we have two Cabin's booked on Deck 8 Christmas week. We hope that RCCL has this resolved before our trip. I am concerned as eveything you read is that they have cut back on so many quality things. Its sad to that cruising has become a commodity item and the company now treats guest's like sheep.

I am booked for January and have this same concern so I am reading every forum and member review posted. My cabin is on deck 8 and that deck also seems to be getting a bad review.

see below from a member review:

Very clean and did not show its age but there was an awful odor around decks 4 and 8 that was disturbing but I never lingered around those areas, our room on 7 was not affected.

All one can hope is it was passengers flushing things they should not and not an actual plumbing problem.

I enjoyed your review. We're going on our first cruise to the Caribbean next month and then next summer, on the Brilliance. So your report was doubly interesting to me! Do you recall the taxi fare to get to Magens Bay on St. Thomas? I haven't decided if we want to go there or take the ferry to St. Johns. At any rate, your Caribbean photos make me look forward to visiting even more. ;)

I enjoyed your review. We're going on our first cruise to the Caribbean next month and then next summer, on the Brilliance. So your report was doubly interesting to me! Do you recall the taxi fare to get to Magens Bay on St. Thomas? I haven't decided if we want to go there or take the ferry to St. Johns. At any rate, your Caribbean photos make me look forward to visiting even more. ;)

Thanks. I believe we paid $8 each way from Havensight to Magens Bay. That is sharing a van with others. A $4 entrance fee is also collected. There is a St. Thomas taxi rates website that may be useful.

St. John is absolutely stunning and we found Trunk Bay the most wonderful swimming beach ever!

Enjoy your cruises.

8229104265_160c4046cd.jpg

Trunk Bay, St. John, US Virgin Islands by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Hi !

Good review !

Do you have some daily compass ??

I happen to have just one Compass and it is for the final day eight. I'm not sure how others do it, but I had to change three of the pages to black and white for scanning because they were over the limit.

Brilliance Page 20001.pdf

Brilliance Page 20002.pdf

Briliance Page 30001.pdf

Brilliance Compass Page Four0001.pdf

You know, I forgot about the smell. Yes, many times we encountered that sewer smell on decks four and five aft just outside the dining room! Nasty.

Yikes! :eek: We are sailing on the Brilliance next month in a forward cabin on deck 4. I may have to change decks. I think deck 3 is the only other option right now for the same category we are in.

Archived