WOW RCI has gotten very greedy!

goldgirl2

I called RCI today to make our plans for the vow renewal on our anniversary. It was $595 for renewal, flowers, a couple of photos, a cake and champagne. Oh no, WAIT! That was last week. Today the $595 includes a 10 minute ceremony.........thats it! :mad: You can now get the original package for $1,195!!! Are they kidding me???? The vow renwal was very important to us. There is no way I will pay the $595 for 10 minute ceremony and its not even the captain that does it! I may just cancel this cruise and find somewhere else to go.

I called RCI today to make our plans for the vow renewal on our anniversary. It was $595 for renewal, flowers, a couple of photos, a cake and champagne. Oh no, WAIT! That was last week. Today the $595 includes a 10 minute ceremony.........thats it! :mad: You can now get the original package for $1,195!!! Are they kidding me???? The vow renwal was very important to us. There is no way I will pay the $595 for 10 minute ceremony and its not even the captain that does it! I may just cancel this cruise and find somewhere else to go.

I'm just saying, before you bash RCI, what are the going rates on the other ships? I have no idea of course, but I'm sure its competitive and/or based on the ship and venue. How much do you think is a fair price?

I was on the Majesty, their smallest ship, last month and witnessed a wedding in the viking crown during sailaway. So who knows.

I called RCI today to make our plans for the vow renewal on our anniversary. It was $595 for renewal, flowers, a couple of photos, a cake and champagne. Oh no, WAIT! That was last week. Today the $595 includes a 10 minute ceremony.........thats it! :mad: You can now get the original package for $1,195!!! Are they kidding me????

"There's a sucker born every minute."

I wonder why the price is all inclusive one day and $595 for just the ceremony on the next. RCI representatives have a reputation for giving out wrong information.

I would double check on the price. If it is $595 for a 10 minute ceremony, I would either look elsewhere or do it on my own as someone has already suggested. JMHO

We were married on Princess and I can tell you that that price is competitive to what Princess charged for an actual legal wedding. Personally, if I had it to do over again I would not have gotten married on the ship because it was a complete mess. It sounds like a good idea but in reality, you lose at least an entire day of your cruise to the planning and preparation and it ads so much stress to what should be a relaxing vacation. If I were you, I would just enjoy the cruise and do the vow renewal separately.

We have been cruising with RCI for 13 years now but when we wanted to renew our vows on a cruise for our Silver (25 yrs) wedding anniversary Princess won hands down for what they offered in their renewal of vows package.

9 years ago we paid £75 for a bouquet for me , button hole for DH , a bottle of Champagne in the cabin, a ceremony with the Captain in the chapel with a certificate/copy of his words that were said , a silver framed photograph of a picture taken from the ceremony. It was wonderful and I had a wedding album made up from pictures taken around the ship of me in my wedding dress , I did not have one first time around , and DH in his kilt.

Of course this was all some time ago now and I have no idea what Princess do now.

Just to clarify, yes I am certain I was given the right information. The person I spoke with said they made "changes" to their packages. The RCI website reflects this as well. I repeated myself several times to be sure we were on the same page. I am looking into Princess prices. I never looked at any other options but I am now.

WOW (a favorite RCI word). We would not pay that much money for a wedding much less a vow renewal ceremony. Hmmm. Come to think of it we were married in Vegas and our wedding cost less then $100 (true story).

Hank

I'm just saying, before you bash RCI, what are the going rates on the other ships? I have no idea of course, but I'm sure its competitive and/or based on the ship and venue. How much do you think is a fair price?

I was on the Majesty, their smallest ship, last month and witnessed a wedding in the viking crown during sailaway. So who knows.

I guess I have a reason to bash them. Princess has a much better deal!

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/renewal_vows/index.jsp

A couple on my Serenade cruise did one on their own. They had dinner at Chops or Portofino, then went to the very front of the ship and did their own vow renewal all by themselves. Very romantic and inexpensive!

We did ours on our own. We were in a suite, so ordered dinner and dined on the balcony, then exchanged vows we wrote. Nobody else was with us, and that worked nicely for us.

I don't get the vow renewal thing I guess I'm wierd or something. I have been to a one vow renewal and it was OK. It was in a masonic lodge and they had a lot of good food but the whole thing was kinda odd...really. I sure would not pay money for some kind of commercial affair especially on a cruise ship. The little chapel is rinky dink with a hand full of flowers and a couple of cheesey pictures of an old couple grinning like two jack asses eating briars. $595.00 no way, $220.00 no way just do it yourself like someone else suggested and save the money for something you can use. Really...a vow renewal! Come on man!

I don't get the vow renewal thing I guess I'm wierd or something. I have been to a one vow renewal and it was OK. It was in a masonic lodge and they had a lot of good food but the whole thing was kinda odd...really. I sure would not pay money for some kind of commercial affair especially on a cruise ship. The little chapel is rinky dink with a hand full of flowers and a couple of cheesey pictures of an old couple grinning like two jack asses eating briars. $595.00 no way, $220.00 no way just do it yourself like someone else suggested and save the money for something you can use. Really...a vow renewal! Come on man!

omg this made me laugh. I agree.

What can I say....we are still madly in love and want to do something special. It is a personal choice.

I guess I have a reason to bash them. Princess has a much better deal!

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/renewal_vows/index.jsp

seems different than your description

Royal Encore $595 USD**

Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

Memorable ceremony performed by your ship's Social Host.

Romantic, recorded ceremony music.

Simple, elegant bridal bouquet.

Matching groom's boutonniere.

Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate.

Four (4) delectable Royal Romance chocolate-covered toasting strawberries for the bridal couple.

Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, strawberries and sparkling wine toast (one hour of service).

What can I say....we are still madly in love and want to do something special. It is a personal choice.

But I think what that poster is saying is that you don't need to pay Royal big $$$ to do your ceremony. Do it yourself, save the money, and treat everyone to dinner somewhere. It is still special if you say your vows to each other in front of your friends. Why do you need to pay Royal?

Royal Encore $595 USD**

Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

Memorable ceremony performed by your ship's Social Host.

Romantic, recorded ceremony music.

Simple, elegant bridal bouquet.

Matching groom's boutonniere.

Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate.

Four (4) delectable Royal Romance chocolate-covered toasting strawberries for the bridal couple.

Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, strawberries and sparkling wine toast (one hour of service).

They lost me here.

ps it's kinda cheap that not everyone gets a (choc-covered) strawberry for $600

Archived