Canaletto reservations online

bobchico

Just checked the HAL website and they are showing online reservations for Canaletto for our March 10 NA cruise. $10 per person

Nothing for our Dec 16 Westerdam. Amazing how losing the $25 discount off the $250 beverage card took place instantaneously, but passenger conveniences take a bit longer to surface. I guess IT has its priorities :)

I just checked our sailing of the Maasdam for December 21.. and yes Canaletto was a reservation option...The way they are pitching it is :

Named for a famous 18th-century Venetian artist, Canaletto is your destination onboard for an intimate Italian dinner. The evening begins with the chefs selection of antipasti with a taste of the delicious fare and personal, polished service to follow. Three courses il primo, il secondo, and il dolci are offered, carefully selected to focus on fresh, authentic regional Italian cuisine. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, or simply desire a romantic alternative to the main Dining Room, reservations at Canaletto can be made in advance of your departure for $10 per person. We look forward to welcoming you to Canaletto at least once during your voyage.

Joseph

Amazing how losing the $25 discount off the $250 beverage card took place instantaneously, but passenger conveniences take a bit longer to surface. I guess IT has its priorities :)

Astute observation. ;)

Nothing for our Dec 16 Westerdam. Amazing how losing the $25 discount off the $250 beverage card took place instantaneously, but passenger conveniences take a bit longer to surface. I guess IT has its priorities :)

Isn't that the truth. OP, thanks for the info.

Just checked the HAL website and they are showing online reservations for Canaletto for our March 10 NA cruise. $10 per person

Thanks for the info. I checked my cruises and all three (Pinnacle, Le Cirque, and Canaletto) are available online for the 7- and 8-day cruises. No Le Cirque for the 4-day cruise.

Also on our NA July sailing. The description does not mention the free wine, I wonder if that has gone the way of the discounted beverage cards as well?

I would guess that the "free wine" was just an 'enticement' for one to book dinner at the Canaletto when the surcharge was initiated! ;)

It seems funny that they gave you a glass of wine when Caneletto was free and it seems to be gone now that you pay for the meal. Odd.

Wine was not free when the Canaletto had no charge. When HAL first introduced the $10 fee for the Canaletto on a couple of ships, one of the "perks" was a free glass of house wine or soda. Now that it's on all ships, they did away with that perk.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived