What are those "Odd" things some of us would never think to bring?

dis2cruise

Thanks. My son calls them trolls and said to disregard. I already had.

You advised to take $2 bills for tips, others advised against it. How does that make someone a troll?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Edited by cruzincurt

You advised to take $2 bills for tips, others advised against it. How does that make someone a troll?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

She did not advise anyone to take $2 bills ,she said that is what she does.

Two posters saw fit to tell her what she should not being doing.

They weren't nice about it either.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Gut

I loved reading your posts you are so funny ........nice to read.

Mrs. Gut has her hands full :)

Reader

Thank you.

No Mrs Gut has total control, the old Gutster knows his place, and as he lives with the delectable Mrs (Dr) Gut and their 29 year old daughter his place is wherever he is told it is.

Wow. I guess someone would really despise Canadian currency where the $2 coin is common!

We have used $2 bills for tips for many, many years and have never received anything except thanks. Many waitresses tell us they save them for their children or grandchildren who may never have seen one. It is easier to carry 100 $2 bills than 200 $1 bills. Of course we carry larger as well but for a drink, they make a nice tip in my opinion.

I think someone has shares in ziplock bags [emoji3]

I wish I did, considering the number of them I use, especially when traveling. I pack everything in both my checked and carry on luggage in various size ziplock bags, after a particularly embarrassing experience at security years ago (an agent pulling things quickly out of my bag, underwear flying in all directions, you get the picture) and the time my checked bags were left on the tarmac in the pouring rain. It's easy to find things, easy to repack, and if you put a dryer sheet in each bag your things always smell nice when you take them out.

Edited by euro cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

A FLIPBELT. Best pre-cruise purchase I made. It is a stretch belt intended for runners but worked great for me. You can slip your phone, cruise card/id and cash into the belt and when worn under clothes it was not visible at all. It made me feel secure in port and not worry about getting pickpocketed, etc. I especially liked having it when we were in the French Quarter :)

Pack a list with the name and address of your doctor(s) and all medications you currently take as well as medications you can't take. Go to your drug store and buy travel sized foil wrapped pain medication (Tylenol, aspirin and the like as they sometimes are not easy to find when traveling). Pack a photo copy of your passports' lead page, an extra pair of glasses (if you wear prescription glasses) and an extra watch should yours stop running or get lost. Murphy's Law makes inexpensive watches impossible to find when you're looking for one :o.

This one's a biggie, bring several 4 - 6 GB camera cards and leave that 32 -128 GB high capacity card at home. If a high GB capacity camera card fails ALL of your vacation photos will disappear. Cut your potential losses should a card failure be in your future and play it safe by using several smaller capacity cards. Don't forget to pack at least two extra camera batteries and charger ;). A small collapsible umbrella from home is usually a better deal than one bought during a rain storm when ashore.

Almost forgot. We send our grandsons at least one or two postcards from every port we visit. We pre print adhesive address labels to save time as we try to find a shop that sells stamps and then a post box to mail them from.

Edited by Magnum60

Love the suggestions; does anyone know if interior cabins on deck 3 of Allure of the Seas are made of metal or drywall?? Wondering if I should bring magnets or not!

Metal.

Doubt you will find drywall on any ship (other than as cargo).