What are those "Odd" things some of us would never think to bring?

dis2cruise

I just thought of something else while replying to another thread. Yankee Candle makes a very, very small spray air freshener that takes no room in your 3-1-1 bag (slightly wider than a drinking straw).

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I've carried a small pair of folding scissors in my travel bag for years and years. And, I believe I have used them on each and every trip. I googled and found them at the vermontcountrystore.com for $6.95. I've bought a look alike pair but they don't work as well. http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/For_The_Home/Home_Essentials/Home_Accents_/Folding_Scissors/29675

http://www.minimus.biz/Mini-Folding-Scissors-J01-0459904-8000.aspx

These are always in my purse. I'm amazed at the quality for the price!!

Edited by Swells1

Bubble wrap to wrap any delicate/breakable items you buy to bring home. The smaller bubbles will lay flatter for the trip there.

I would never have thought of packing bubble wrap. I've always wrapped breakable items in clothing. Either I've gotten lucky or I'm really good at packing, but I've bought a lot of breakable things in my travels and wrapped them in clothing. I can't think of anything that has ever broken, either in checked luggage or carry-ons. I try to put the more breakable stuff in carry-ons, but never had a problem either way.

Tums !!!

Bring them with you from home. The ship sells those little packs of Rolaids that just don't cut it.

Calm Seas and Warm Sand are my best friends...

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I never leave home or return home (when flying) without my EarPlanes. They help with air pressure during the flight. They are a must for me!!!

What are EarPlanes? And where do you buy them? I have ear problem with the pressure during the flight and some times even a few days after the flight.

Thanks,

Betty

Warplanes are little plastic things for your ears to equalize air pressure during takeoff and landing. the cost is eight or nine dollars . you get them at Walgreens CVS any major drugstore. Good for one or two round trips. They also function as great noise blocks for engine roar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are EarPlanes? And where do you buy them? I have ear problem with the pressure during the flight and some times even a few days after the flight.

Thanks,

Betty

Sounds like you are the perfect candidate for EarPlanes. They help to alleviate that pressure. I think I read they were designed for Astronauts. So, will definitely help in an airplane.

I buy them at Walmart and they are a must for me on any airplane ride. Hope you have success with them. I certainly have.

Sounds like you are the perfect candidate for EarPlanes. They help to alleviate that pressure. I think I read they were designed for Astronauts. So, will definitely help in an airplane.

I buy them at Walmart and they are a must for me on any airplane ride. Hope you have success with them. I certainly have.

Thanks, so much for the information. I will try this on our next flight.

Betty

Magnetic clips work great on the stateroom walls for holding your key cards so you do not misplace them. Cloth hanging shoe holder works great for keeping your stateroom organized. You can buy them for $5 to $10 and they fold up small for traveling!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Magnetic clips work great on the stateroom walls for holding your key cards so you do not misplace them. Cloth hanging shoe holder works great for keeping your stateroom organized. You can buy them for $5 to $10 and they fold up small for traveling!

I would re-think the magnetic clip to hold your key-card as they are magnetized devices that "wipe-clean" in the proximity of other magnets.

I would re-think the magnetic clip to hold your key-card as they are magnetized devices that "wipe-clean" in the proximity of other magnets.

On our recent trip there were long lines daily at the Main desk with people whose stateroom keys were "demagnetized". Some kept them near credit cards or other Signature4 cards in their wallets. My husband kept his in his pocket next to NOTHING and he still had a problem. A magnetic clip would surely raise havoc.

I had the same problem last year. I think my card was replaced 6 times in 10 days. I had a small purse I carried with my camera, key card, lipstick. That's it. Well, first I blamed the camera, then I realized there was a magnetized clip on my purse. That solved the problem. I love the idea of the magnetic clips on the wall for whatever, but I think I'll keep my key card away from them :-)

I had the same problem last year. I think my card was replaced 6 times in 10 days. I had a small purse I carried with my camera, key card, lipstick. That's it. Well, first I blamed the camera, then I realized there was a magnetized clip on my purse. That solved the problem. I love the idea of the magnetic clips on the wall for whatever, but I think I'll keep my key card away from them :-)

Same thing happened to me. It was my evening bag with a small magnetic clip. Now I'm careful when I use that bag and keep the card away from the magnet.

I had a lipstick that closed with a magnet in the tube. I liked the tube since it never opened up accidentally. But it did de magnetize my cruise card a couple times. The lipstick is now gone, but it only went on one cruise while I still had it :p

Same thing happened to me. It was my evening bag with a small magnetic clip. Now I'm careful when I use that bag and keep the card away from the magnet.

I had a lipstick that closed with a magnet in the tube. I liked the tube since it never opened up accidentally. But it did de magnetize my cruise card a couple times. The lipstick is now gone, but it only went on one cruise while I still had it :p

Thanks! I'd figured out my purse closure magnet being a culprit, but never thought about those little teeny lipstick ones...Doh! Taking them out of my cruise cosmetic supplies right now.

I am sorry you have all misunderstood because I was not clear about the magnetic clips. The clip is the kind you would use on a fridge that would hold a note...the lanyard from the key card hangs over the top of the clip and the key card dangles well below the magnet. It has worked great for us and has never demagnetized any of our cards!

• 1 month later...

All the above mentioned items are great ideas and we carry several of the items mentioned. We also bring things for the nice staff members that really take care of us. These are things that they tell us on other cruises that are in short supply for them. White cotton ankle socks, underwear, hair burrets just to mention a few. These along with tips go a long way