Is the Panama Canal on your bucket list ?

Baggage handler............... I'm not a baggage handler:mad::mad::D:D They are all a LOT younger ( and fitter) than me and work for a different company. I do the check ins........speaking of which.... can I get your email address so that I can contact you before you sail on Saturday....I have some info that may be to your advantage ( Mention my name and it may do you some good;))

You seem to have missed the "lol" after my baggage handler gag. My sense of humor i' m affraid. My email is davbron7@bigpond.com. Treet me gently. Haha

We did Panama Canal last November on Coral Princess, Fort Lauderdale to LA. A wonderful ship on a wonderful journey. Probably the best cruise we have done. So many interesting things to see and te history of the Canal is amazing.

Highly recommended that Panama Canal is No.1 on your bucket list.

Do the full transit and get to visit some interesting ports to and from the Canal, i.e. Aruba, Cartagena, Puntas Arenas, Nicaragua, Cabo San Lucas etc.

We are doing the full transit in January. It has been on my bucket list for a long time, so I am looking forward to it.

The Panama Canal cruise is an 'add-on' to the 49 night cruise around South American. In total we will be cruising for just over 10 weeks with just one night in a hotel to fill in between cruises. Packing is going to be a challenge. :D

We are doing the full transit in January. It has been on my bucket list for a long time, so I am looking forward to it.

The Panama Canal cruise is an 'add-on' to the 49 night cruise around South American. In total we will be cruising for just over 10 weeks with just one night in a hotel to fill in between cruises. Packing is going to be a challenge. :D

That will be an amazing cruise....

Not only will you get to see the wonders of the Panama Canal you will also see the towns and Cities at the bottom of South America that boomed while ships were rounding the Horn , and then stood still as soon as the canal was opened.

For some reason the Panama Canal cruise just doesn't interest me. I can't see what is so interesting about going through a bunch of locks.

I understand this...been to Panama (on land) 3 times. We live near locks on a large river in the US. Still, we decided to go.

In the days leading up to the transit the onboard lecturer delivered fascinating information, videos, photos and stories that made the events surrounding the canal come alive. He related historical information regarding Panama's place in history. ie, Spanish gold, pirates, Manila galleons, why the canal was built in Panama rather than Nicaragua or Mexico. Also the current expansion of the locks and ship channels that will enable a huge increase in cargo to pass thru the canal.

And, finally, we were there...relatively few people on our small planet will ever see it. Curiously we came home feeling like we will do it again when the new locks are complete. (2014-2015)

Note: There were quite a few folks from Oz on our sailing!

Oh! One fact that many find staggering (I did), our ship paid US$380,000.00 to transit the canal.

SNAP - I am on the Jewel also for that cruise. Doing Panama Canal for the 2nd time but looking forward to doing New York and the surrounding area.

Excellent...have not seen your name on the roll call though. Keeping low eh:D

Archived