Celebrity Solstice arrival

Sutho

Just thought I would start a little interest topic for who is going to see, watch and look out for the Celebrity Solstice arrival on 9th December.

I will be there. I planned to do night photography also but Sydney ports changed its departure time to 8pm which throws that out a little as I had planned to get night photos of it leaving before the original time of 10pm.

Does anyone have any new information about the visit and what to expect for the day?

Just thought I would start a little interest topic for who is going to see, watch and look out for the Celebrity Solstice arrival on 9th December.

I will be there. I planned to do night photography also but Sydney ports changed its departure time to 8pm which throws that out a little as I had planned to get night photos of it leaving before the original time of 10pm.

Does anyone have any new information about the visit and what to expect for the day?

I'll be there ( and expecting a lot of people checking in for the overnight cruise to nowhere with no passports and no paperwork:eek: Don't know if Celebrity will be doing anything "special" though....just another turnaround for us poor workers;);):D

I'll be there ( and expecting a lot of people checking in for the overnight cruise to nowhere with no passports and no paperwork:eek: Don't know if Celebrity will be doing anything "special" though....just another turnaround for us poor workers;);):D

There is an upside though... the shorter the cruise, the more work you get ;-)

I'll be there but I will be boarding for the one night cruise. Have got the paperwork and the passport (easier I understand as it can just be swiped at check in) all ready.

Not sure about time though - may try and come a bit later and miss the mad rush of those who want lunch on board.

We will be there, staying at the Holiday Inn ready to board her on Monday.

Hoping to get some good shots from the roof as she (leaves now in daylight):) and be there when she comes home on Monday

BFN Bob

SMILEY11.jpg

Sure are a few busy days coming up...

It should get everyone in the mood for the cruise season...:D

from Ports of Sydney Cruise Schedule;

Carnival Spirit 06-Dec-2012 06;30 (Thur) 06-Dec-2012 18:30 (Thur) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Rhapsody of the Seas 07-Dec-2012 06:00 (Fri) 07-Dec-2012 22:00 (Fri) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Voyager of the Seas 08-Dec-2012 06:00 (Sat) 08-Dec-2012 23:00 (Sat) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Celebrity Solstice 09-Dec-2012 06:30 (Sun) 09-Dec-2012 20:00 (Sun) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Celebrity Solstice 10-Dec-2012 06:30 (Mon) 11-Dec-2012 16:00 (Tue) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Costa neo Romantica 10-Dec-2012 08:00 (Mon) 10-Dec-2012 20:00 (Mon) Wharf 5 - Barangaroo BAR5

Radiance of the Seas 12-Dec-2012 06:00 (Wed) 12-Dec-2012 18:30 (Wed) Overseas Passenger Terminal

I will be there in spirit but reliant on photos from Sutho and Co. I will have to wait until we board her on 4 March for the real thing.

God, I hope those boarding Saturday for the 1 night sampler behave, not like what occurred on VOS the other weekend.

I will be there on Sunday morning to welcome some friends arriving from Singapore on the Solstice and to take as many photos as I can while she is up close and available. I'm hoping to get a good shot of our aft corner Sky Suite which we will be enjoying very soon..well..okay...I think it is about 301 sleeps!!!!

cheers

Stu

I will be there :)

I will be boarding :D

I will be taking photos inside ;)

I will be boarding early against my 4 pm boarding time as it's my birthday and I'm special :D

I will be begging gbenjo to let me on early :p

I will behave..........maybe not - at least we know I won't be a drunken misbehaver :p

We will be there, staying at the Holiday Inn ready to board her on Monday.

Hoping to get some good shots from the roof as she (leaves now in daylight):) and be there when she comes home on Monday

BFN Bob

hey you guys .... have a wonderful cruise ... I would love to go on that ship !!!

if only we were with you again..... we would always know we have a table ..... Bob!!

Hi Jo & Gazza, are you thinking about coming down on Sunday to see the ship ?

Would be great to see you both again. You be welcome to join us on the roof Sunday evening with a bottle of wine to watch the ship go out ( I will save you a table by the pool and a glass or two)

Regards Bob & Boz

So does Solstice arrive at the OPT for the first time Sunday? I was of the impression she arrives first up on Saturday for the 'Sampler.' Ugh.

The sampler cruise is one night (Sunday 9 December). She leaves for her first proper cruise from Sydney on Monday 10th.

Hi Les. We arrive at the Overseas Terminal on Sunday morning. There's a one nighter then she's off to NZ.

We are just back from a day in Cairns. We were so happy that the tenders coped with the crowds today as the tendering in Bali was a huge disaster:( it took us 2 hrs to get off the ship and 2 hrs to get back on.:cool: there were lots of unhappy people. You can only imagine some of the whingers!!!

Hey guys, we saw the Solstice in Yorkey's Knob today and talked to a few crew members. They were very disappointed by the "Cairns welcome". The buses were late, no taxis, Yorkey's boat club was closed when they arrived, so the people couldn't even have a coffee while waiting for the buses...

The ship looks beautiful! We can't wait to board her on Monday :D

P1110863.JPG.e5c8774fad04ad0dff87e1789e695b5f.JPG

... the tendering in Bali was a huge disaster:( it took us 2 hrs to get off the ship and 2 hrs to get back on.:cool: there were lots of unhappy people. You can only imagine some of the whingers!!!

Hi Liz

We will be on Solstice in Feb..doing top end Oz via Bali where we spend two days

I have always had some dread about the tendering process at Bali...they seem to have some ongoing prblems.

Can you elaborate on the probs you had with Bali tendering please?

I am hopeful that with two full days we will be able to arrange things to avoid all the stress and outrage associated with tendering on a one day schedule

cheers

Archived