Jeans in Dining Room

2910car

Yes. Jeans are allowed on Smart casual nights (the dining room isn't casual but is "smart" casual -- there's a difference) although you might be in a very small minority. I didn't see any jeans in the dining room on my 17-day Island Princess cruise in September/October.

If you are cruising the Caribbean you may find jeans a bit warm!

Personally I wear capris (more comfortable than jeans in Caribbean). DH does wear khakis on casual night...he agrees jeans are too hot, and he's not comfortable in shorts at dinner.

Does Princess allow nice jeans in dining room on casual nights?

Simple answer = "yes".

What I have observed is that women wear "nice jeans" in the main dining room on smart casual nights, but men seldom do. I think it has something to do with the availability of designer jeans for the ladies.

Smart casual for men is usually something like Dockers or slacks.

I was going to ask this question but am really happy to see it already here. We've been Cruising since 1991, our 1st Cruise was on the Regal Princess. We've seen many changes over the years but jeans in the MDR might be our favorite. We find some areas on a ship to be cool (or even down right cold) so jeans have become our go to choice for pants. We have never worn them on formal/elegant night if we are going to the MDR. My husband wears a suit and I wear a nice dress/gown. On any other night as long as jeans are neat, clean and with no tears, rips or fraying they are ok in my book. And it doesn't matter which cruise line we sail on as to how we dress.

Thank you for asking this. I am traveling with friends who were given the cruise as a celebration of their 25th wedding anniversary. He is a blue collar worker and she is a homemaker. They do not have the means to purchase a whole new wardrobe for the trip. They will be happy to know that they can use some of their everyday attire on the ship.

Thank you for asking this. I am traveling with friends who were given the cruise as a celebration of their 25th wedding anniversary. He is a blue collar worker and she is a homemaker. They do not have the means to purchase a whole new wardrobe for the trip. They will be happy to know that they can use some of their everyday attire on the ship.

No need to make them feel out of place. I will gladly wear jeans next to them. Tux??? I don't even own one of those. I'm definitely in a different demographic (age) with the tux wearers.

I wear black jeans they look nicer then blue

My husband wears black jeans too.

I've noticed quite a few people wearing jeans the last night. I assume they are wearing them home the next day.

Yes, on the last night there are lots and lots of passengers wearing jeans.

Originally Posted by Stevesan viewpost.gif

Only if they are "nice"!:p

Love it.

I've always wondered about that terminology, not only associated with jeans, but with other clothing as well. So many time people ask if they can wear a "nice" top or "nice" capris, etc. :rolleyes:

Even on Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises, it is never too hot to wear jeans in the dining room. The dining room and theater are temperature controlled, as are the indoor venues throughout the ship.

Now there will always be someone who feels too hot and someone who feels too cold, but that is another matter entirely.

Out on the open decks on an Alaska cruise, it is amusing to look around and see one person bundled up in a heavy jacket, gloves, and knit cap with hood pulled up over it, while someone else beside him is wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

All jeans are acceptable provided they don't have holes in them. :p Even the ones with suspenders. :D

All joking aside, I've never seen anyone wearing a pair of unaccaptable jeans yet. The DR is usually on the warm side but the lounges tend to be cool to cold.

Archived