Jeans in Dining Room

2910car

I normally wouldn't wear jeans in the MDR (just a personal choice). I always bring two brand new pair of regular dark blue Levis with me when I cruise. I only had to wear them once in the MDR when our luggage didn't arrive before dinner on embarkation night.....:):):)

Bob

Out on the open decks on an Alaska cruise, it is amusing to look around and see one person bundled up in a heavy jacket, gloves, and knit cap with hood pulled up over it, while someone else beside him is wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Those in shorts and t-shirts plus those in the pool are Canadians !!!;):D

I live in South Florida and to me jeans is an item of apparel for any weather. Too hot? Not to us. And yes, we wear jeans in the dining room.

We live in central FL and rarely wear jeans unless the weather is cool or cold, which is not often. And we have never worn jeans to dinner when we cruise, personal preference. We don't even consider packing jeans when we are headed to the Caribbean. Too heavy and too hot.

It has been years since we took a big ship cruise and I imagine things are quite casual these days on board but we won't be packing jeans for our upcoming cruise.

I bring a pair of lightweight jeans but wear them only on excursions where I'm going to get dirty or hot. Never in the dining room. I have a bunch of linen pants that are incredibly comfortable, can be tossed in a washer/dryer, and be dressed up or down that I wear pretty much all the time, even at home.

I bring a pair of lightweight jeans but wear them only on excursions where I'm going to get dirty or hot. Never in the dining room. I have a bunch of linen pants that are incredibly comfortable, can be tossed in a washer/dryer, and be dressed up or down that I wear pretty much all the time, even at home.

The only time we pack jeans is on a cool weather cruise for daytime . We just don't feel comfortable in jeans in the dining room. I pack pretty much the same as you Pam. That is a nice pic of you in your avatar.:D

I've noticed quite a few people wearing jeans the last night. I assume they are wearing them home the next day.

See lots of the same as well on last nights. No problem. I often wear an sweat suit (nice :D ) that I'm planning to wear to drive home the next morning. Never thought I'd do that but I now do. Things change.

Actually, decent jeans (both male/female) have become normal for resort casual evenings on Princess. We don't but don't care if others do. Once again, things change.

LuLu

~~~~

We live in central FL and rarely wear jeans unless the weather is cool or cold, which is not often. And we have never worn jeans to dinner when we cruise, personal preference. We don't even consider packing jeans when we are headed to the Caribbean. Too heavy and too hot.

It has been years since we took a big ship cruise and I imagine things are quite casual these days on board but we won't be packing jeans for our upcoming cruise.

I'll be boarding the Ruby on December 30th wearing Jeans; my usual attire. And on January 26th we'll be boarding the Grand for 49 days; again wearing jeans. And on that one we will also have extra jeans packed. Our staple; our choice. Works well for us, but not for everybody.

... We don't but don't care if others do. Once again, things change.

LuLu

~~~~

The above sums up my feelings exactly. I have never been able to understand why so many folks get so cranked up over what others choose to wear!

We have often cruised out of Galveston and jeans on men are the normal attire both on the ship and in the MDR on casual nights. I have even seen men on formal nights with jeans on, western shirt and western style coat. The wearing of jeans are just something we out west wear all the time and find nothing alarming about it. While I do wear jeans most of the time, I still have not accepted the super large belt buckles. :rolleyes:

Princess decided a long time ago to allow jeans in the MDR on casual nights and for good reason.

We have often cruised out of Galveston and jeans on men are the normal attire both on the ship and in the MDR on casual nights. I have even seen men on formal nights with jeans on, western shirt and western style coat. The wearing of jeans are just something we out west wear all the time and find nothing alarming about it. While I do wear jeans most of the time, I still have not accepted the super large belt buckles. :rolleyes:

Princess decided a long time ago to allow jeans in the MDR on casual nights and for good reason.

They have yet to acept the jeans om formal nights on the Island. Hopefully in a few more years so the DH can be comfortable every night in his jeans.

Archived