Captains table

noppy

Thanks for sharing the experience, this is something I just have a casual interest in. I did hear in one case with a guy I was talking to on a cruise (Take that for what its worth.) He said the Captain happen to be looking at a manifest and saw a couple from his hometown and asked that they be invited.

I remember a few months ago, on a heated thread about when and where to wear a robe, you said you were going to be taking pictures of yourself at various venues in your robe.........lol

Maybe you can dress up the robe with a bow tie and a pocket square for dinner with the Captain.......

I remember a few months ago, on a heated thread about when and where to wear a robe, you said you were going to be taking pictures of yourself at various venues in your robe.........lol

Maybe you can dress up the robe with a bow tie and a pocket square for dinner with the Captain.......

Thanks for the reminder. One of the guys in our roll call group volunteered to help me with those pictures. I hope I don't forget, its still 142 days away.

I would think that Captain Patric would not appreciate your broadcasting that he rolled his eyes at a passenger. Some things are left better unsaid.

No offense to the Captain but let's be honest...the Captain should have thought about how his reaction would be taken by others. How would the woman feel had she known he "rolled his eyes" at her behind her back? Unprofessional.

So you want to reprimand the poster?

No offense to the Captain but let's be honest...the Captain should have thought about how his reaction would be taken by others. How would the woman feel had she known he "rolled his eyes" at her behind her back? Unprofessional.

So you want to reprimand the poster?

I agree, I should not have mentioned the Captain, but, THANK YOU for defending me.

There were about 15 people standing there that heard that comment, by this particular woman..all chuckled

at her assertive comment to the Captain.

I was a Captain of corporate jets and, airliners for

40+ years, and, the questions I received during my time,

were more over the top than a question like she posed to him.

On some ships, the senior officers who host the dinners will rotate the “assignment” If it not their night to host, they will likely dine elsewhere. I imagine hosting a dinner every week would get old – fast!

M

it'd be a stretch for me to be "on" and stay interesting or charming for one dinner let alone a couple a month.

We've never dined with the captain (we're D+), but on Celebrity the Loyalty Ambassador invited us to dine at the Captain's Table with the Security Officer.

What was interesting was that two of the other couples invited had never sailed with Celebrity, but only with Carnival. They were, however, in suites.

I agree, I should not have mentioned the Captain, but, THANK YOU for defending me.

There were about 15 people standing there that heard that comment, by this particular woman..all chuckled

at her assertive comment to the Captain.

I was a Captain of corporate jets and, airliners for

40+ years, and, the questions I received during my time,

were more over the top than a question like she posed to him.

Hey GaryfmCol...it was my pleasure. I seldom snipe back at other posters, and I hope that I didn't come across that way. As I read their comment, however, it bothered me that the Captain somehow gets a pass for his inappropriate behavior (eyeball rolling) and the passenger is made to look like a fool for asking a simple question. Yes, I get it; he answers the same questions, day-in and day out, and she probably caught him on a difficult day. We all have those. But the burden of professionalism falls on HIM, not the passenger. The Captain = host, the passenger = guest.

GaryfmCol, maybe if the incident comes to the Captain's attention hopefully, he'll change his demeanor. At any rate, you did nothing wrong. Have a great day and KEEP CRUISIN' ! ;)

I do not understand why people get excited about dining with the help.

Dining with the Captain ( or another officer) is often considered an honor. If you are ever asked and you prefer not to “dine with the help”, you may simply decline the invitation.

M

I certainly hope that you never require the Captain's help.

...what the heck can the captain do for me?.....the last time a "captain" tried to "help" he put the Costa ship up on the rocks.....Just drive the boat and keep it on route...oh yea a computer does that today....;)

....and I agree that dining with the help...next time I'll have a coffee and roll with my taxi driver.......:rolleyes:

I do not understand why people get excited about dining with the help.

I was wondering when someone was going to come up with the above comment. Somebody mentions it on just about every thread on the topic of dining with the captain. You get the prize this time Cruiser Bobby !:);)

We were invited last month, but had to turn him down. We didn't bring any formal clothing with us that cruise. I guess we will be "black listed" now.:o:( We saw him in the Windjammer the next day and apologized. We told him we would be back on the ship this month, but he said he will be on vacation. Our luck.:rolleyes: From now on I will always be ready. ;) We talked to him several times before when he was Captain on the Explorer. I guess maybe that was why we were invited.

The first time that we were invited, I didn't bring any formal wear either. I decided to rent a tux on the ship. WHAT A DISASTER! Barely got my clothes just before dinner. Had to run to meet the social hostess with pants that were TOO long...jeez.

Joe<----Just countin' down the days! :D

We were invited to the Captain's table on our very first cruise. We thought we were invited because we were in a suite, but several cruises later we were invited when we were in the lowest balcony category. We haven't been invited to the Captain's table in at least 10 years now...so who knows...all 3 Captain's tables were on different lines.

Archived