ladies dressing for dinner on 14 night cruise

Zanny

Hi, was just wondering if many ladies wear the same outfits for dinner in the dining rooms twice on a 14 niight cruise. am thinking that i might have to to save room in the case. Would appreciate any comments. Zanny:)

Hi, was just wondering if many ladies wear the same outfits for dinner in the dining rooms twice on a 14 niight cruise. am thinking that i might have to to save room in the case. Would appreciate any comments. Zanny:)

Hi Zanny

Just mix and match ,Black Pants wear different tops to dinner :p:o you will be ok .dont worry .

Hi Zanny

Just mix and match ,Black Pants wear different tops to dinner :p:o you will be ok .dont worry .

That is what I do. If you want to wear an outfit a second, let several days go by between the two occasions. Unless it was incredibly memorable (either very good or very bad:D) no-one will remember.

Hi Zanny,

Clever mixing & matching with different accessories can easily give a little black dress a multitude of different looks. I wear most evening outfits twice & really enjoy the formal nights, deciding what to pack is even fun!:D

Sue, for some of us dressing up isn't a hassle, it's a pleasure.:D

The good thing about cruising is you can dress up or down as it suits you & choose the appropriate venue each night to match your self imposed dress code.

Something for everyone!:)

dress for 2 week cruise? -- 4 weeks? - 6 week? -- 12 weeks??? What's the difference?

We "cycle" cruise clothes through a two week cycle (this is now basically the shortest cruise we would ever do) -- we cycle the same clothes through a two week cycle on all cruises regardless of length. So, what we take on a two week cruise is the same as we what would take on a 12 week cruise. :D The only difference really is the "formality" of any given ship - a "formal" ship requires more than an "informal" one. Expected climatic conditions obviously make a difference too - with longer cruises invariably requiring both summer and winter clothing.

Barry

Hi Zanny

Totally agree. That is my strategy, a couple of pairs of pants and tops to match. Have done it on 12 day cruises and did th same on a 35 day cruise (with a few laundry stops in between)

If it really is a problem ...dont muck around.

Go right ahead and take your whole wardobe:D

I was amazed on one cruise.

It was a segment of a world cruise on an International ship.

One lady on board had vowed to never be seen in the same outfit twice..

How did she you do it ?

Simple....

She booked the stateroom next door and set it up as a walk in wardrobe..:eek:

We went on our first cruise this year and we took tooooo many dresses and other clothes for a 12 nighter .... I will never take that much clothing again, choose your favourite clothes, the ones you wear the most and take them only.

No one notices but you!

I also try & choose light weight clothing especially for evenings - formal or otherwise, so for us ladies you can easily fit 3 floaty chifon like tops into the same space & for the same weight as one cotton T-Shirt for example.

If they have a cami underneath then the one cami can do for all 3 tops.

It gets harder of course when you are cruising to colder areas or cruising through various climate zones, but the addition of some light weight thermal under garments can assist with that.

Most people wouldn't really notice if you do wear something a few times unless it's an eye catching outfit for any reason (good or bad ;)).

Having said that however, anyone like me whose work entails attention to detail regarding graphics etc, would probably notice if you wore the same dress on each formal night, if you were seated at the same MDR table.

But I wouldn't think bad of anyone for doing that, it's a practical necessity quite often to double or triple up on wearing some outfits.

What's more amusing is the outfits some people choose to wear!:D

People watching is such an entertaining pastime!

I agree with the basic black or other mono colour dress, pants or longer length skirt with varied tops that you can dress up or down with costume bling and shawls/ scarves to take care of variations in air conditioning and evenings on the deck. Anytime or Open Dining is useful - meeting more and different people for dinner - if you are concerned about others noticing. Remember your shoes are not seen when you are seated at a table and its what you are wearing above the table level that people will notice if they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:rolleyes: It seems that a man here has solved all our problems ladies............

using a 2 week rotation no matter how long the cruise, BRILLIANT.. Bazza! ;)

I personally would use a 7 day rotation with 1 extra set for good measure!

Hmm! now to go and have a think for our 35 nighter in April!

Archived