Our unlimited laundry experience.

whogo

We bought the unlimited laundry package for our 15 night transatlantic on the Prinsendam for $105 and consider it a bargain. We sent laundry out 9 times. That would have cost $180 using their $20 per bag deal. I just priced out the individual items at $335.80.

During previous HAL cruises we sent out a few $20 bags, did a few loads in the laundromat, washed a few items in the sink, and wore clothes longer between washings. The unlimited laundry was a treat. We arrived with dirty laundry from our Rome visit, usually had same day service, and stayed out of the ships laundromat. Holland America does a better job washing and ironing than I do. They advertise next day delivery if sent out by 9 AM. We do not cook and clean on a cruise, why do laundry? We could not have been more pleased with the service.

$105 for a 15 day cruise of unlimited laundry is a bargain.

Glad it worked out really well for you.

I expected unlimited laundry to cost more. My account was originally charged $135 and then lowered to $105, nothing to do with being a three star mariner. I have the laundry flyer for the 15 day Roman Passage cruise that must have been in my cabin at boarding:

$20 - Laundry by the bag.

$105 - Unlimited Laundry.

$60 - Unlimited pressing.

$15 - Take the laundry bag home.

Dry cleaning is not included. Please allow 48 hours for you laundry to be returned.

The laundry order sheet says that for regular service, "items received by 9:00 will be returned the next day." Add 50% for same day express service. Again, we frequently received same day service at no up charge and could not have been more pleased.

going on Noordam dec 17 for 10 nights. does anyone know what the price for unlimited laundry on this cruise ?

We are on the same cruise plus the next leg. I purchased the unlimited laundry for the entire 21 days for $147.00. That makes it $7per day. A great bargain, one i use for every HAL cruise.

PS have you gone to our roll call and have you signed up for our Meet & Greet?

On our 13-night Atlantic Coastal cruise on the Maasdam in October, we signed up for the unlimited laundry package and it was the highlight of my trip! We also put things out in the am and had them back that night almost every time. I'm a convert!:) I, too, do not go on a cruise to wash and iron or cook and clean.:D Scary thought - have one less cocktail per day! Yes, I did say that!

Another big vote for unlimited laundry! We had a very port intensive Black Sea journey and coming "home" to neatly folded and pressed laundry was truly fabulous. It wasn't available for the last 3 days of the cruise - I did visit the laundry facilities once during that time ( we had more land travel arranged after disembarking). While I didn't hate it, no reason to do it if unlimited is available. They did a fabulous job ( I even sent silk, with beautiful results). I wouldn't hesitate in recommending laundry service:).

This really sounds like a great idea and would enable fewer bags - a BIG plus on our 14 day 9 port cruise over Christmas! I won't have time to wash! How (or where online) do you find the pre-cruise purchase option? It wasn't under indulgences that I could find.

So free laundry and dry cleaning on a seven day. Is this about right for a man?

2 pair swimming trunks

2 polo shirts

2 pr of slacks

1 Tux or suit

1 Jeans

3 pr shorts

3 other shirts

asst underwear, sweat sox and dress socks.

enough, to much or need a tad bit more?

We always get the unlimited laundry package. it is truly a great service and you are right when you say..........why do laundry? :)

We bought the unlimited laundry package for our 15 night transatlantic on the Prinsendam for $105 and consider it a bargain. We sent laundry out 9 times. That would have cost $180 using their $20 per bag deal. I just priced out the individual items at $335.80.

During previous HAL cruises we sent out a few $20 bags, did a few loads in the laundromat, washed a few items in the sink, and wore clothes longer between washings. The unlimited laundry was a treat. We arrived with dirty laundry from our Rome visit, usually had same day service, and stayed out of the ships laundromat. Holland America does a better job washing and ironing than I do. They advertise next day delivery if sent out by 9 AM. We do not cook and clean on a cruise, why do laundry? We could not have been more pleased with the service.

So free laundry and dry cleaning on a seven day. Is this about right for a man?

2 pair swimming trunks

2 polo shirts

2 pr of slacks

1 Tux or suit

1 Jeans

3 pr shorts

3 other shirts

asst underwear, sweat sox and dress socks.

enough, to much or need a tad bit more?

I found it helps to first calculate numbers of the four different types of cruise days you will be experiencing and plan backwards from that, when making packing choices:

1. Formal Nights, if one wants to participate

2. Evening Meal nights: MDR vs Lido vs Room Service vs Pinnacle

3. At-Sea days

4. Port Days

Then figure the expected weather, excess baggage fees and how many suitcases one wants to handle.

Is this something which may be purchased using OBC?

I didn't see that your question was answered.

Yes, of course this can be purchased with OBC.

The fact of the matter is that OBC is credited at the beginning of your charge slip, and charges are subtracted from it until it runs out. Then, the balance is what's due at the end of the cruise.

I would use unlimited laundry again but it did leave my husbands underwear noticeably dingy. I thought so on the cruise but when I got home I really noticed when I compared it to what was left at home.

Same problem, until we started sending out the whites on one day and colors the next - solved problem.

DaveOKC

On previous cruises we had always sent a bag out for laundry towards the end of the cruise - but on our Alaska trip last summer we did the unlimited. Since the clothes were bulkier, we needed to wear some items 2 or 3 times over the course of the cruise and our pre and post stays in order to keep the baggage under control.

The first day on the ship I went to send out a bag and when I totalled the cost - it was a much better deal to do the unlimited. Not only was the service extremely quick but they always have done a great job. Came home with all clean clothes except for a small carry on.

Never, never do laundry on vacation

Does anyone have any experience with unlimited laundry on longer cruises? Would like a ballpark figure on a 37 day cruise.

Thanks,

Brainyblonde

They seem to work out the laundry at $7 per cabin per day. So for 37 days it would be $259. They may well give a discount on the longer cruises.

When you send laundry out, if you have items that need to be hung to dry how does that work? Or does it all need to be dryer friendly? Can you have them return articles back to your room still wet?

I'm not sure what items you mean Klala, but I had the same concern with my husband's cotton golf shirts. At home, I put them in the dryer long enough to heat them and get the wrinkles out, then hang them to dry. They don't shrink, and they don't need ironing. We threw caution to the wind on board, and they came back perfect; pressed, not faded, and on hangers, and the same size they went out as.

Archived