Daily Newspaper?

dag144

Years ago when I first sailed with Princess the line published a daily paper in several languages (plus one for Canadians with Canadian news in English.). I don't mean the "Patter". HAL still makes a shipboard addition of the NY Times available.

What is Princess' current policy? Anyone recall.:):)

As the OP says, once there was a 4-page daily news summary from the NYT delivered to every USA person's cabin. (Those from other countries often had a similar summary from their country.)

Then Princess changed to just having it delivered to cabins when the passengers requested it. Of course, one had to know this possibility even existed.

Then they changed again to having it available for pickup at the Purser's Desk. Again, one had to know this even existed.

Then they changed to only having a couple of copies in the library, but even that went away.

Then they offered a more comprehensive summary delivered to your cabin at a cost of about $4/day. I suspect very few people took Princess up on this offer as that option disappeared within a few months.

So, currently there is no printed summary of news dilivered to cabins of USA residents. I understand sometimes there is a summary to some residents of some foreign countries.

When I asked about the lack of a daily news summary, I was told that passengers could get all the news they wanted on the cabin TV. Of course, there is no true news station offered. The supposed news stations (Headline News, Fox News) are opinion shows or investivgative crime shows about 75% of the time. CNN International offers very little USA news. The BBC has a great many hour long presentations on topics ranging from farming in India to soccer in South Africa, but very little current news. Other stations are financial oriented, but no news.

The other alternative Princess offers is to have the passengers get on the Internet (at up to 75 cents a minute) to catch up on the news whenever they want to and satellite conditions and Internet load conditions permit.

We just got off Ruby yesterday. No daily news except the TV, which I didn't want on.

I would have totally missed that Kate & William are expecting if my husband had not seen it in the gym! What a disaster that would have been.

Too funny!:p

I did an experiment on my 11/24 CB cruise. When i turned on Fox News the ship listed starboard, when I changed to MSNBC it listed port. :eek:

Very good! That is why we book a balcony cabin on the port side--we want to be closer to the water!!!:D

This is one thing that I wish that Princess would change...

Me too. Make it by request so those who don't want to see don't have to. Really liked the 4 pager, which was customised to your preferred nationality and used by many Carnival brands as an internet download. This really could not have saved much for Princess

Me too. Make it by request so those who don't want to see don't have to. Really liked the 4 pager, which was customised to your preferred nationality and used by many Carnival brands as an internet download. This really could not have saved much for Princess

Even if they would dedicate a couple of computers that have the various newspapers loaded onto them...

This is one thing that I wish that Princess would change...

Agreed. I would sit on the balcony each day to read it or would take it with me to read on a bench when "The One Who Must Be Obeyed" was visiting the shoppes and boutiques!

Archived