Photo ID Question

BlondeCruiser24

Hi there,

I just have a couple quick questions about photo ID and such..we are setting sail on January 5th.

My husband and I both have passport cards...but I am bringing copies of our birth certificates as well, just in case.

Our driver's license does not have our current mailing address on it. Is that going to be a problem? We updated our addresses with the DMV when we moved, but chose not to get new IDs until they are expired. Is that going to be a big deal at the airport or the cruise port?

I know this is kind of a silly question, but just popped in my head while reading some other threads. FYI we are cruising with Carnival and flying with United. Thank you!

Our passports do not even have a mailing address on them.

Never in our lives has anyone ever asked for our mailing address at any airport or cruise port.

The important thing is that the name on your cruise booking or airline booking matches the name on whichever photo ID you are using when you check in for your flight or cruise.

If you use a passport as your photo ID, that is all you need.

But if the names are different, that is when people get into hassles with needing to provide bridging documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and such.

You will be fine with your passport cards, you won't even be asked for anything else. (If you don't take your passport cards ashore with you then you can use your drivers license to get through the port check point but they only care that the name on the id matches the name on the sail and sign card.)

Hi there,

I just have a couple quick questions about photo ID and such..we are setting sail on January 5th.

My husband and I both have passport cards...but I am bringing copies of our birth certificates as well, just in case.

Our driver's license does not have our current mailing address on it. Is that going to be a problem? We updated our addresses with the DMV when we moved, but chose not to get new IDs until they are expired. Is that going to be a big deal at the airport or the cruise port?

I know this is kind of a silly question, but just popped in my head while reading some other threads. FYI we are cruising with Carnival and flying with United. Thank you!

With a passport card you do not need your birth certificate or driver's license. You may need your DL if you plan on any motor sports activities such jet ski, dune buggy, segways etc.

Archived