Brilliance rooms for five adults. advice needed!

Hi everyone,

I know the topic of booking a room for 5 has been covered but most of those threads involved a 2 parent, 3 kid/teen scenario.

My family (my parents, myself, my brother, and his girlfriend) are thinking about taking the Brilliance from Boston to Canada in October.

I understand that the ship is getting a makeover and adding a couple family suites but I think having 5 adults in one room would be a little much.

Could anyone give me a hand on what could be the cheapest configuration for rooms? I'm fine with sharing a room with my parents (doesn't mean I WANT to but I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper that way).

My one request is that I am not stuck in a pullman sort of bed. I'm tall and not at all petite so that would be a nightmare for me.

Hi everyone,

I know the topic of booking a room for 5 has been covered but most of those threads involved a 2 parent, 3 kid/teen scenario.

My family (my parents, myself, my brother, and his girlfriend) are thinking about taking the Brilliance from Boston to Canada in October.

I understand that the ship is getting a makeover and adding a couple family suites but I think having 5 adults in one room would be a little much.

Could anyone give me a hand on what could be the cheapest configuration for rooms? I'm fine with sharing a room with my parents (doesn't mean I WANT to but I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper that way).

My one request is that I am not stuck in a pullman sort of bed. I'm tall and not at all petite so that would be a nightmare for me.

Cheapest? Two interiors.

2 inside connecting, or 2 connecting OV (a tad more room) Its completely doable, the pullman is actually quite comfy....much more so than the sofabed you will find in a balcony cabin. also having 2 bathrooms is key.

edited to say that since you requested not to be on a pullman, we haven't really been of much help have we? LOL sorry about that! good luck with your search!

Thanks everyone! I am not smart and didn't read the fine print on the RCI site with the symbols noting which rooms have 3rd beds, etc.

I've been on a pullman once before back when I was in high school. It was too close to the ceiling for me. I'm not a small person so I think I would live in fear of the pullman buckling under my weight! Especially after the midnight buffet!

I'll probably just wind up booking 3 rooms. I was just looking around for the best price because my mother is paying for all of us as it will be my Dad's 60th birthday. Since she insists on paying, I was just trying to lighten the load.

I'll probably just wind up booking 3 rooms. I was just looking around for the best price because my mother is paying for all of us as it will be my Dad's 60th birthday. Since she insists on paying, I was just trying to lighten the load.
That is probably your best bet, unless you want to book one of the family suites that has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, in which case you are likely to be the one who ends up sleeping in the living room.

If you book 3 rooms, you might consider inviting a friend along to share your room and some of the cost to help lighten the load.

Think about whether or not you would really want to book connecting rooms, which someone suggested.

There are some families who like to do that, especially when they are traveling with small children, but for others who are all adults, that is just too much togetherness.

Most of us do not have connecting bedrooms at home and find that having our family members down the hall from us on a cruise (or even just having them on the same ship) is plenty close enough. :D

They do have the Royal Family Suites that have two bedrooms, a sofa bed, and two bathrooms.

The master bedroom has its own bathroom and the second bathroom is of the living area.

the second bedroom has two additional pullmans as well

you need to call royal to get a price quote on those

plus you get the suite perks.

they have 3 of these rooms on the back corners and one more now where the old concierge lounge was (don't know how that room is configured) The largest of the 3 is on deck 7, then 8 then 9 in order of size. I stayed in 9 with only 3 adults and 5 would have been fine.

they have 3 of these rooms on the back corners and one more now where the old concierge lounge was (don't know how that room is configured) The largest of the 3 is on deck 7, then 8 then 9 in order of size. I stayed in 9 with only 3 adults and 5 would have been fine.

When did you sail on Brilliance??

I have this room booked now and am trying to figure out why there is no TV in the master bedroom as I am reading old reviews that clearly state there was one???

The latest review on that room has stated there is not!!:(

They do have the Royal Family Suites that have two bedrooms, a sofa bed, and two bathrooms.

The master bedroom has its own bathroom and the second bathroom is of the living area.

the second bedroom has two additional pullmans as well

you need to call royal to get a price quote on those

plus you get the suite perks.

The OP is looking for the cheapest way to go.

If they were able to book real suites there would not be a dilemma...

Archived