Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I use a cruise-specific TA and she is extremely knowlegeable. She knows what we like and lets us know if there are sales. She also watches the prices of our booked cruises and gets us the discounts when they come up. She is part of a larger group that gets blocks of cabins at discounts while they last. She knows we can shop elsewhere and always gives us perks including OBCs of her own plus sometimes her group offers them. Sometimes she even gives me extra ones when I put a group together. She always sends a gift like wine or champagne to enjoy onboard. Plus--and this can be a big one--she never charges for changes. So if you decide on a different cabin or switch dates or anything there are no charges. Many agencies have these. Best of all, she is a trouble shooter. When a client runs into an emergency that triggers the insurance, she fills out the forms and acts as your advocate. I haven't needed that but she tells me about dealing with evacuations and deaths etc. So I think I good ta is well worth it....not that costs me more. Mine is in your state, but I am in Florida so place doesn't matter.

Hi: Your TA sounds TERRIFIC. My DH and I cruise frequently mainly on Princess and RCCL and are always looking for the PERFECT TA, if you don't mind sharing could you please email me at joystr@twcny.rr.com? Your TA sounds GREAT!

Thanks.

Think I remember Rai saying there was no self service drinks in Horizon Court too.. I must admit though if you zoom into the left hand side of the pic this does looks like it's outside on deck but am sure from some of the Princess pics it looked like there was drinks machines in the pastry shop too!!

OMG...Looked at this photo of the coffee dispensers could..and could it possibly be brewed coffee instead of the syrup?? Please, someone onboard, do tell!!! ;);)

They have those on Celebrity. Coffee still tastes like crap.

OMG...Looked at this photo of the coffee dispensers could..and could it possibly be brewed coffee instead of the syrup?? Please, someone onboard, do tell!!! ;);)

It shows it's a WMF coffeemaker & going to the company's website I only see bean to coffee machines so hopefully that's accurate! :D

http://wmf-coffee.wmfamericas.com/coffee/

Bingo! It's missing in action. That area where it was supposed to be is now a much larger area to set out sun loungers on the deck aft of the Fitness Center area on the Sun Deck.

Dedicated outside area for Shockwaves kids

8438916973_1f01656da1_z.jpg

This is where I will hang out! I am always looking for cozy seating in the shade if possible.

Think I remember Rai saying there was no self service drinks in Horizon Court too.. I must admit though if you zoom into the left hand side of the pic this does looks like it's outside on deck but am sure from some of the Princess pics it looked like there was drinks machines in the pastry shop too!!

While I can't speak for what the final policy will be, they stopped self-service coffee etc on the Crown late last year due to a Noro outbreak. Think of all those hands touching the same spigot that is warm and moist and a good place for germs to breed. They had one or two servers standing there and they were pleased to pour whatever and give you cream, lemon, iced tea or whatever. Probably took less time since they didn't stumble around for the right cup or the right spigot. There might also have been some issues with passengers in heavy seas and the hot fluids. In any case, not a problem. Relax and be served. (I bring my own thermos cup which is safer and avoids more trips.)

Has anyone seen this video yet? http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=4JGC9hiyqeg&feature=g-high-u

Some of the things that have impressed me so far are the elegance of the ship and the extraordinary extraordiary attention to lighting everywhere. Stunning!

I tried but it wouldn't open.

At the top of the page you'll see where it says Mobile/Desktop. Use the Desktop and it opens the standard YouTube page.

Joel

I noticed that too and was going to ask that next, but you've beat me to it. :D

The dueling pianos was one thing I was looking forward to. I am hoping that the ugly black piano with the music notes will eventually be replaced with the original concept of dualing pianos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one! ;)

9006641805_e1da95b462_o.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

9006641991_2cc11a83ee_o.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

Dave,

Thanks for posting this photo. We booked an aft cabin on the Baja deck and this is the best photo of it. Now I know I did good booking our cabin. It looks like it's fully or partially covered and it looks about the same size as the aft cabins we've had on other Princess ships.

Thank you so much for all you have done on this thread.

Hey Dave,

After all the arrows you have provided do you have pictures of each side and stern with all your arrows posted..would be a fun picture with the ship hidden by your work ( arrows)....also show everyone how accommodating you have been to the people on this thread, including me and my travelling companions.

Please don't disappear from this thread, it is a work of art.

Katherine

Do we know whether the children's play area has been scrapped or if the items/furnishings haven't arrived yet? We will be traveling with children on this Royal Princess trip, so just wondering. I'm sure they will have plenty of other things and activities to keep them busy, if plans have changed.

The dueling pianos was one thing I was looking forward to. I am hoping that the ugly black piano with the music notes will eventually be replaced with the original concept of dualing pianos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one! ;)

Thought those Olives looked familiar. Princess makes a ton of money with it's Art Auctions and Michael Godard is one of their featured artists..........:rolleyes:

http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dsDye4eMiMTE&ru=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dsDye4eMiMTE&ld=20130611&ap=1&app=1&c=info.dogpl.mobile&s=dogpile&coi=239138&cop=main-title&euip=70.192.195.129&npp=1&p=0&pp=0&pvaid=de58a54bdd9c42ea85a0e2804a2b8e5c&sid=1255605426.53767073113.1370909765&vid=1255605426.53767073113.1352636863.356&fcoi=417&fcop=topnav&fct.uid=c0fe6c4081e54d40924fc11b5efed55a&fpid=2&ep=1&mid=9&hash=670E1B266C4936CCE67D5EA509A71BB7

[img

9006641991_2cc11a83ee_o.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

We also booked an aft and I was so busy looking at our balcony the first time I saw this picture that I didn't notice what I think may be the best place to hang out on the ship.

Look at those 5 loungers on the aft corner of the promenade deck!!!!! :D :D :D

Do we know whether the children's play area has been scrapped or if the items/furnishings haven't arrived yet? We will be traveling with children on this Royal Princess trip, so just wondering. I'm sure they will have plenty of other things and activities to keep them busy, if plans have changed.

It appears the small child's play area still exists on the left (hard to see). Hopefully, there will be a slide and some tricycles, etc.

Archived