Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Ok, you win.....:D:D:D

Bob

Hey, the way I look at it is since we are all going on Royal Princess we all win! :D

Just have to make that pesky Final Payment date...;)

P.S. If I ever need a pick me up I just click on this and imagine it's me pulling into St. Thomas or Saint Martin...

:D

I only counted from the Barcelona port departure on October 16th (and not the Venice sailing departure October 9th) since that is when she is on her way to Fort Lauderdale and actually begins the 'Transatlantic crossing' leg of that cruise.
The T/A crossing "leg" starts in Venice on 10/9. The Royal actually starts her transit from Madeira on 10/19. Just saying. :)

The T/A crossing "leg" starts in Venice on 10/9. The Royal actually starts her transit from Madeira on 10/19. Just saying. :)

Ok, fine, fine. You win. ;) lol I didn't count Madeira since it's in the Atlantic Ocean and part of the actual Atlantic crossing after leaving Mediterranean waters. That's why I started from Barcelona (her last and final Mediterranean port of call) and not Venice.

:)

99 Days until the first transatlantic crossing departs from Barcelona

110 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderdale

145 Days until yours truly embarks for my B2B (Yippee!!!)

The Day I get to print out my Royal Princess luggage tags and Royal Princess Boarding Passes...

Priceless!!! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=278420&stc=1&d=1373365876

image.jpg.656be66c668849769141eeb5cc7383e1.jpg

Ok, fine, fine. You win. ;) lol I didn't count Madeira since it's in the Atlantic Ocean and part of the actual Atlantic crossing after leaving Mediterranean waters. That's why I started from Barcelona (her last and final Mediterranean port of call) and not Venice.

Speaking of Madiera...was watching The Bachelorette last night (yes, I am a loser who watches some of these reality shows!) and it was filmed in Madiera..it looks absolutely gorgeous. Add it to my bucket list!l:p

I am booked for the 5day Caribbean but am concerned about the not so great reviews of this ship. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling like I am?

We just came back from the 12 day Barcelona to Venice cruise on this wonderful ship... we have cruised several times and this ship is amazing! We had a fantastic time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone. Of course everyone is different but everyone we sailed with loved the ship.... go and have a great holiday!

We just came back from the 12 day Barcelona to Venice cruise on this wonderful ship... we have cruised several times and this ship is amazing! We had a fantastic time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone. Of course everyone is different but everyone we sailed with loved the ship.... go and have a great holiday!

Details, please! :D

99 Days until the first transatlantic crossing departs from Barcelona

110 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderdale

145 Days until yours truly embarks for my B2B (Yippee!!!)

The Day I get to print out my Royal Princess luggage tags and Royal Princess Boarding Passes...

Priceless!!! :D

Dave;

I only got 18.....:D:D:D

Bob

I got 26. goodsigh2.gif

Oh yeah, and 7 more 3 weeks before the 26 days. :p

I am booked for the 5day Caribbean but am concerned about the not so great reviews of this ship. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling like I am?

Hi, saw this is your first post. If you have time to read through this thread from the start I think you will be as excited for your sailing as the rest of us are. It helped build our anticipation while she was in the shipyard. Each picture Dave revealed to us was like a piece of a puzzle giving us a glimpse of what a beautiful ship she was turning out to be. Also the Live From the Royal Princess thread has great reporting from knowledgable cruisers. As you read, you will see many would gladly book another Royal cruise.

Enjoy your cruise! I surely can't wait for mine . . .

Sue

Happy to hear you enjoyed the ship. Will you be writing a review?:D

:) It gets confusing. All I know is that I'm boarding in Venice and looking forward to experiencing the Royal for the first time. It'll be a little weird to be on "the Royal" and have it be a really big ship. I sailed on original Royal Princess and her successor.

A question for those who have been on the new Royal: is Princess Diana's painting on the ship? I wondered shared happened to that. Is there a painting of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge? Just curious.

Watched the Bachelor last night and the stunning scenery in Madeira. Can't wait! I really want to do the wicker basket ride but it's not on the tour I'm doing.

Two of us have booked and we are looking at excursions. They seem unusually expensive on this crossing. Have gotten a reply from a company in Naples (highly recommended by other cruisers) that will do the whole trip, plus lots more included, for a lot less. This is a private tour, includes trip over to Capri (on the high speed boat), full tour(in a private car) all the sightseeing, entrance to blue grotto, lunch stop, chairlift, cable car, English speaking guide. If grotto is closed, there is a boat trip around island. If grotto is closed and weather is too bad for boat trip, there is a price reduction.

Trust me, you do not want to do this excursion on a 50 person bus, waiting in lines, etc., and with no trip to the blue grotto. We are very experienced cruisers, with over 100 cruises between us. We now avoid these mass bus trips whenever possible.

If we can get to a total of 4, the price is 140 euros each,

If we can get to 6, the price is only 120 euros each,

There is no money due until our return to Naples!

We would enjoy both your company and the price reduction!

Pam, we also sailed on the original Royal, twice to be exact. And her successor. Loved them both. I would hope they saved that beautiful portrait of Princess Diana, and would be lovely to see it hanging in the new Royal. Hope so.

Anxious to board this Royal:D in Venice.

I have read on other forums that the portrait of Princess Diana was removed from the original Royal Princess after she (Artemis) was transferred out of the P&O fleet.

As for having a portrait of Princess Diana on the new Royal Princess I fully understand the sentiment having sailed on the original ship, knowing the world-wide admiration of her works, and the amazing life and legacy that Diana lived and left behind, but there is only one Godmother to the new ship. I think having two officially commisisoned Royal portraits would seemingly be inappropriate in keeping with this maritime tradition. Even though Princess Diana named the original, she has nothing to do with the current ship. It is all about the Duchess of Cambridge and honoring her with naming this new ship and having that one portrait aboard.

Speaking of Madiera...was watching The Bachelorette last night (yes, I am a loser who watches some of these reality shows!) and it was filmed in Madiera..it looks absolutely gorgeous. Add it to my bucket list!l:p

Carole, some of the prettiest sea cliffs I've ever seen. The basket ride is a must-do, followed by a glass of Madeira water-side to calm your nerves.

:) It gets confusing. All I know is that I'm boarding in Venice and looking forward to experiencing the Royal for the first time. It'll be a little weird to be on "the Royal" and have it be a really big ship. I sailed on original Royal Princess and her successor.

A question for those who have been on the new Royal: is Princess Diana's painting on the ship? I wondered shared happened to that. Is there a painting of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge? Just curious.

Watched the Bachelor last night and the stunning scenery in Madeira. Can't wait! I really want to do the wicker basket ride but it's not on the tour I'm doing.

Pam, that's great that you will have been on all 3 Royal ships once you board for your TA cruise!

Hope you can join in here or the "live from" with posts for us!! Thanks for all your good advice. . .

sue

P.S. saw the show, too. Madeira looked beautiful. Enjoy !

I have read on other forums that the portrait of Princess Diana was removed from the original Royal Princess after she (Artemis) was transferred out of the P&O fleet.

As for having a portrait of Princess Diana on the new Royal Princess I fully understand the sentiment having sailed on the original ship, knowing the world-wide admiration of her works, and the amazing life and legacy that Diana lived and left behind, but there is only one Godmother to the new ship. I think having two officially commisisoned Royal portraits would seemingly be inappropriate in keeping with this maritime tradition. Even though Princess Diana named the original, she has nothing to do with the current ship. It is all about the Duchess of Cambridge and honoring her with naming this new ship and having that one portrait aboard.

Very well said Dave!

Dave! I agree with Kelley and Glen that you have put this in its proper light! Very well said indeed!! And we cannot forget the excellent job that HRH Kate did with the ceremony. What a gracious and lovely lady she is, and what a tribute she paid to this beautiful ship! If anyone missed the christening of Royal, I strongly recommend you go to the many places available to see it, one being the Princess Cruises home page.

Hope you can join in here or the "live from" with posts for us!!
Pia will be doing a "Live from." She does them so well that it would be pointless for me to do one, too. But I'll be posting and hopefully, contributing.

I'm even more torn now about what to do in Madeira. Maybe I'll email the person organizing the private tour whether it can be included.

Dave, your comment about Princess Diana was perfect and puts me to shame for even thinking her portrait would be on the new ship. I'd still like to see it again though. :)

Pia will be doing a "Live from." She does them so well that it would be pointless for me to do one, too. But I'll be posting and hopefully, contributing.

I'm even more torn now about what to do in Madeira. Maybe I'll email the person organizing the private tour whether it can be included.

Dave, your comment about Princess Diana was perfect and puts me to shame for even thinking her portrait would be on the new ship. I'd still like to see it again though. :)

I could see Princess having her portrait somewhere in their corporate offices. It would be a shame to think of art in a warehouse where it can't be enjoyed.

Joel

I also agree with Dave. There only one Godmother. But it sure would be nice to see a Royal history outlined somewhere on the ship. There is where Princess Diana's portrait could be, along with Lorraine Arntz as the Godmother of #2 Royal.

First, Pam, the sledge ride in Funchal is a blast. Did that several years ago on another T/A. If not this time, do it the next time around.

Second, for those of you who are touring out of Civitavecchia, a tour which goes to Civita di Bagnoreggio (SP?), is spectacular. The best meal I ever had in Italy was at a little restaurant next to the walkway which goes to Civita. They spoke no English, we spoke no Italian, but they understood "no Funghi". (I hate mushrooms).

Finally, NY Rich, those great Euro rates are not just for banks, they are for us riff raff who know to use our debit cards in ATMs.

OK, one more finally---one of the things I am looking forward to on the Royal Princess, is staying on board in FLL until almost everyone else has left the ship. I'm going to enjoy every single minute on this lovely lady. They'll have to pry my hands off of her!

Stan

Archived