Semi live from Reflection

cruisestitch

On board for B2B cruises . Will be happy to investigate any and all questions.

Took 11:15 transport from hotel. Other pax dropped off at NCL then our ship.

Porter stood with money in hand and pointed, bordering on rude, comments about needing to be tipped. Some just walked away. No way for him to know who's bags were who's so little chance of him sending the non-payers' bags into the drink.

No separate lines for different pax to enter the building or go through security but the lines moved quickly. Once inside, one line for both Elite and Select, makes me think there aren't many if either expected.

Photo taken at check in desk. That's new to me.

Five minutes later on board. Fastest embarkation ever.

Pools open. One outside pool marked for those over age 16 over. Don't expect many children these weeks but will be interesting to see if that's enforced.

More soon.

Hi Cruisestitch,

We Look forward to your updates. Have a wonderful B2B on Reflection.

BTW, Celebrity has been taking the Guest's photo at check-in (in FLL & MIA) for a few months. Definitely helps with the boarding process. Smart idea !

I agree....one less step in the boarding process is great. Haven't sailed out of Florida since last May.

All in all very impressed with the boarding process.

Beverage and dining package purchases are receiving paper receipts (sales tax issue as discussed in another thread)

I agree....one less step in the boarding process is great. Haven't sailed out of Florida since last May.

All in all very impressed with the boarding process.

Beverage and dining package purchases are receiving paper receipts (sales tax issue as discussed in another thread)

I am getting differences of opinions regarding if the sales tax will be charged, if drink purchases are bought at embarkation. Did you buy the drink package and if so were you charged sales tax?

Sorry if you have posted about this...the search by your name shows as disabled.

Thank you!

Will double check but when I asked one person selling a package in embarkation hallway he said no sales tax is being collected.

Pool bartender says "no sales tax". A supervisor was there and also said "no sales tax"

Announcement just made .... Staterooms ready. 1:15 pm!

No separate lines for different pax to enter the building or go through security but the lines moved quickly. Once inside, one line for both Elite and Select, makes me think there aren't many if either expected.

I was under the impression that CC and above had a separate line or check in area ?

Search is down again so can't get to the Whos on board thread but here they are so far:

Master: Nicholas Paginus

Chief engineer: manolis Voulgaris

Staff Captain: Tasos Kafetis

Guest Relations: Alex Stylianou

Hotel Director: Sue Richardson

Cruise Director: Paul Baya

F&B: mark Tomley

Executive Chef: German Rijo

Party band: d'Revelations

Guitarist: Jefferson Ang

A Capella: these Guys

Hi Cruisestitch,

We Look forward to your updates. Have a wonderful B2B on Reflection.

BTW, Celebrity has been taking the Guest's photo at check-in (in FLL & MIA) for a few months. Definitely helps with the boarding process. Smart idea !

It is a smart idea if the cameras are working. They weren't when we boarded the Eclipse in November.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I love live reports.

If you have time, can you tell me a little bit about the activities at the Art Studio? And more importantly is there an age limit on those activities? We are booked on Reflection later this year and my DD loves Art (and is pretty good - yes I'm bias). But she would love to be able to do some painting on vacation or some other artsy project.

Have a great cruise! Our pictures were taken at the counter this past year for Reflection and the year before for Eclipse. Both sailed out of Miami.

Also on Reflection, you don't insert your pass into the machine when getting on/off the ship. You scan the little barcode on the side. Makes it slightly faster.

Art classes....

Age 14 and up

Two free classes, one water color and one jewelry (memory wire bracelet)

Otherwise $20 per class

Ten people maximum

Also ship's art collection tour complimentary

Thank you so much!!!

cruisestitch, you are awesome!! Thank you!

Can you also tell me if the are offering any discounts on Specialty Restaurants including if you dine the first night!

Any discounts being offered on drink packages?

Have a fabulous cruise...we are excited to board next Saturday :D

On board for B2B cruises . Will be happy to investigate any and all questions.

Took 11:15 transport from hotel. Other pax dropped off at NCL then our ship.

Porter stood with money in hand and pointed, bordering on rude, comments about needing to be tipped. Some just walked away. No way for him to know who's bags were who's so little chance of him sending the non-payers' bags into the drink.

Photo taken at check in desk. That's new to me.

Five minutes later on board. Fastest embarkation ever.

Pools open. One outside pool marked for those over age 16 over. Don't expect many children these weeks but will be interesting to see if that's enforced.

More soon.

You're on board now? So is Librarylady19 (Sandi)! She texted me to say that the ship is gorgeous. If you're sailing Aqua Class you'll see her and her husband in Blu.

I was under the impression that CC and above had a separate line or check in area ?

CC has a line, AQ has a line, Suites have a line, Elites have a line.....everyone has

a line but to be honest? If there a line shorter than another? Just

go to the shortest line.

Cruisestitch, looking forward to hearing impressions from both you and Librarylady. I value both of your opinions very much! Regarding the porters, I have never had a problem before, our last one in Miami was just a super-nice guy. It wasn't very busy when we arrived, and he actually stood around and talked with us a little bit once he got our bags loaded on the cart. I am planning to video-document much more of my cruise this year than I ever have in the past, so I wonder if the rude porter you encountered would be as inclined to rudeness and tip demands if he were on video? Just a thought. :)

Hi Cruisestitch, We are doing a B2B in March/April, can you let us know how they handle this for you? And if there are any special offers for those staying on board. I know on RCCL last time they offered half price in a Speciality Restaurant on turnaround day.

Have a lovely time!

Jan

Had hoped to post more often but Internet is frustrating.

Despite notice in the first Daily that Reflections propulsion problem continues and we would be traveling at reduced speed as a result, we are approaching Puerto Rico well afraid of schedule so have acquired 4 G service at approx 1 pm.

Will let you know how turnaround day is handled later

Elites on board number 350. Not enough wait staff at last night's cocktail hour. Donette has just come on board as Captains Club hostess and she was made aware of the problem so will see how it is handled from here out.

There seem to be longish lines for Select dining with 30 minute waits not uncommon, less if willing to share table, but still there was a 20 minute wait to share at 7:15 last night.

Hope you're having a great cruise!

Any chance you could post some MDR menus when you get home so we could plan what days to eat in specialty restaurants? We are taking the 7 day cruise, 2/16, with St. Kitts so that is the week I would like the menus.

Thanks

Archived