Summer 2014 Cruises

caroak

As you may know, I personally develop all itineraries.

And I have to tell you that while the world doesn't change much from year to year (at least

in terms of new destinations capable of hosting discerning travelers), our 2014 Europe itineraries are the best ever with more variety, differing lengths (7,10,12,14,16 and 20 nights) and new port combinations not seen before.

Greater emphasis on Adriatic ports along the Dalmatian Coast, including what I refer to as the "home run" in a single itinerary -Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Albania with either the embark or debark port being Venice. More sailings in northern Europe to Scandinavia, Russia, Norway and her fjords, Greenland and Iceland, The British Isles and along France's Bay of Biscay. More Italy. More Spain. More South of France. Less Athens. No Egypt. No Morocco.

Hope you like them.

FDR

to Oceania exclusively. You DO develop interesting itineraries, in my opinion, but you are last to publish them! We are EXTREMELY ANXIOUS for some itineraries, some in Europe and Christmas, for sure. HOPE IT IS SOON! Your ships are lovely.

And I have to tell you that while the world doesn't change much from year to year (at least

in terms of new destinations capable of hosting discerning travelers), our 2014 Europe itineraries are the best ever with more variety, differing lengths (7,10,12,14,16 and 20 nights) and new port combinations not seen before.

Greater emphasis on Adriatic ports along the Dalmatian Coast, including what I refer to as the "home run" in a single itinerary -Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Albania with either the embark or debark port being Venice. More sailings in northern Europe to Scandinavia, Russia, Norway and her fjords, Greenland and Iceland, The British Isles and along France's Bay of Biscay. More Italy. More Spain. More South of France. Less Athens. No Egypt. No Morocco.

Hope you like them.

FDR

Dear FDR,

Thank you very much - we do love Oceania.

The Adriatic itineraries would be welcome (one year we had to take Azamara as they had a perfect Adriatic itinerary and Oceania did not :mad:)

Now - how about that West Africa itinerary? :D

Do you really want me to take that Silversea cruise? I would much rather do it with Oceania :)

PS The Iberico de Bellota pork was fantastic - the best pork I ever had!

This "middle of February" may be a huge problem (not your fault) but we will be at the Ritz Carlton in Ft. Lauderdale from February 17 until we go on the Riviera on the Mayan Mystique on February 22. Since we only want the OS and have cancelled three Crystal cruises for 2014..we HOPE we will not miss the opportunity to get one of these at least for the Christmas cruise. We have others we want to book too. Not complaining, just worrying!

Hope you like them.

FDR

Sounds like some exciting cruises coming up :)

Now I REALLY do need to win the lottery :D

Hope you feel better soon

Lyn

This "middle of February" may be a huge problem (not your fault) but we will be at the Ritz Carlton in Ft. Lauderdale from February 17 until we go on the Riviera on the Mayan Mystique on February 22. Since we only want the OS and have cancelled three Crystal cruises for 2014..we HOPE we will not miss the opportunity to get one of these at least for the Christmas cruise. We have others we want to book too. Not complaining, just worrying!

Do you have email maybe you can sign up for the newsletter on the website

Then you will not miss the announcement

Or have your TA call you as soon as the itineraries are released then you can choose right a away what ones you want

Hope you like them.

FDR

These sound amazing especially 20 day cruises. Can' t wait to see and book on day one.

Hope you like them.

FDR

Great to see these exciting new itineraries! Thanks for some great new choices. Haven't been receiving the hard copies lately, for whatever reason, but I am good at downloading. It's just easier to turn the down all the pages I'm interested in with a paper copy! I'll be watching my e-mail.

Hope you like them.

FDR

I have booked three Crystal cruises for 2014, but hope to be canceling them when I see the schedule for Northern Europe etc.

We are looking forward to seeing the new itineraries. We loved our Barcelona to Copenhagen on the Riviera in 2012 along the French and Spanish coasts and would love to do the trip again. The small ports and Basque country was delightful. I personally am glad that Casablanca has been taken off as a destination. Thanks so much for listening.

she could make is just a simple Christmas/New Years one. I am really in to some of the unusual ones he was talking about. Somehow I will have to make it work!

Can your TA not email you the new Itineraries when they get them??

My TA sends them to me before they are released for booking

FDR

Will you be sending all the information to all your cruise ships in February? I will be aboard the Marina at that time and the Dalmation coast is one cruise both my spouse and I want to do. That will cross another item off our bucket list.

Thank you.

The Oceania Ambassadors aboard are in live contact with the home office. Visit one of them early in the cruise and let them know you are interested in the new itineraries and would like to review them as soon as possible when they are released. My guess is they will have a little advance information (not able to book yet, just look) which would give you an opportunity to make decisions. Then, once you choose, ask the Ambassodor to book you as early as possible to get your choice of cabin.

well, but as you know, they don't print very large. I will have access to a computer in Florida and once I am on the ship, all will be well. It is just that I only want one of three suites.

I see someone is holding three Crystals. I was, but after our last trip the smoke was so heavy in the atrium area I decided to just take a chance of getting what I want on O--either the Marina or the Riviera.

I am just impatient!

well, but as you know, they don't print very large. I will have access to a computer in Florida and once I am on the ship, all will be well. It is just that I only want one of three suites.

I see someone is holding three Crystals. I was, but after our last trip the smoke was so heavy in the atrium area I decided to just take a chance of getting what I want on O--either the Marina or the Riviera.

I am just impatient!

Agree about the smoking on Crystal! One reason to try Oceania. We will be doing our first Oceania cruise on Regatta, June 4th. Great Alaska itinerary ! We are also booked on Marina May 2014 New York to London. So can not wait for the rest of the schedule to come out!

....Greater emphasis on Adriatic ports along the Dalmatian Coast, including what I refer to as the "home run" in a single itinerary -Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Albania with either the embark or debark port being Venice....
That is indeed a winning Adriatic itinerary. Sure hope it will be on either Marina or Riviera!

The Iberico de Bellota pork was fantastic - the best pork I ever had!
Hi Paulchili. Did you have the Iberico de Bellota in Jacques or Polo? I had the rotisserie version in Jacques and it was among the very few items on Riviera that disappointed me, so I didn't try it in Polo. But I loved the cured version on the deli in Terrace Cafe.

Hi Paulchili. Did you have the Iberico de Bellota in Jacques or Polo? I had the rotisserie version in Jacques and it was among the very few items on Riviera that disappointed me, so I didn't try it in Polo. But I loved the cured version on the deli in Terrace Cafe.

Interesting.

IIRC, I liked the Jacques' version better than the Polo's (though there was nothing wrong with that one either). But these things can vary slightly. For example, on the last two cruises, my ribeye in Polo on Nautica was one of the best ever; the one I had in Polo on the Marina was just OK.

Maybe give it another try :)

Archived