Sunday January 27, as our 'Queen' Sails Away.

PathfinderEss

Yes you heard me right, the "Queen" of Horns will be sailing out of PE again today for the enjoyment of all you horn aficionado. Please join us in the fun...........:D

Schedule goes something like this but your guess is good as mine whether if it will change or not.:)

Pacific Princess 16:00

Ruby Princess 16:00

Neuiw Amsterdam 16:30

Celebrity Silhouette 16:30

Allure of the Seas 17:00

Westerdam 17:00 (the Queen of Horns)

Independence of the Seas 17:30

All times are EST.

Here's how you get there:

Web cam: http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Web cam: http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

After yesterday's sail away I won't believe the schedule until I see the ships leaving. What a marathon it was for me as I wanted to see good friends waving on the Grand - at 4 o'clock - turns out it was just after 7 and it was dark and it was hard to make out anyone at the rails.(they would have been eating dinner at that time).

--:)-- last week, does anyone remember the count of westerdam's horn blasts,, i was counting 40. but i got so emotional since iwas on her only 3 wks ago, that i lost track. when we where on DEC 30. we only counted 18 when leaving , but on new years eve at midnight, she let go 22 blasts, we where in the crows nest, counting down the blasts at the top of our lungs,,we where getting looks, but we didn't care, they must have been newbies :) --joani

--:)-- last week, does anyone remember the count of westerdam's horn blasts,, i was counting 40. but i got so emotional since iwas on her only 3 wks ago, that i lost track. when we where on DEC 30. we only counted 18 when leaving , but on new years eve at midnight, she let go 22 blasts, we where in the crows nest, counting down the blasts at the top of our lungs,,we where getting looks, but we didn't care, they must have been newbies :) --joani

I counted 83 as I recorded her for my personal use ringtone. Captain Henk Maijer broke his old record of 70 set on 1-20-2012 and 1-13-2012 he did 67.

I am not sure if Captain Henk is leaving the ship today or if this is his last Captaincy of the Westerdam. Someone mentioned a couple weeks ago that he is heading to vacation time and then is going to the Prinsendam.

Joanie

I counted 83 as I recorded her for my personal use ringtone. Captain Henk Maijer broke his old record of 70 set on 1-20-2012 and 1-13-2012 he did 67.

I am not sure if Captain Henk is leaving the ship today or if this is his last Captaincy of the Westerdam. Someone mentioned a couple weeks ago that he is heading to vacation time and then is going to the Prinsendam.

Joanie

--:eek:--from one joanie to another,,holly-molly--i thought it had to way out there, but i was tearing up and laughing so much i could not keep up with the counting,,thks so much --Joani with a M

Joanie

I had her at 80 and then she start tooting more Joanie. I swear I thought she was well over 100 last week. Well whatever it was, it was a lot.

I'm thinking he just got on like around the 1st of December, so his time would not be up yet, would it? Yeah, I heard he was going to the Prinsendam.

Guess we'll find out when the toots begin today, who's at the helm. :)

--:eek:--from one joanie to another,,holly-molly--i thought it had to way out there, but i was tearing up and laughing so much i could not keep up with the counting,,thks so much --Joani with a M

I have a hard time keeping up with the Westerdam's toots and I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!

Way back in November I decided to record all of the HAL Ships and make them into ringtones for my cell phone. I change them everyday... But when the Westerdam sttarted showing us how "Queenly" she was, I had to have hubby sit with me and count with me to make sure I was not nuts:D

My sister loves to call me and warns me via email before she calls, just so she can hear what my ringtones is for that day. She says Westerdam is the best:)

April 15, 2012 was the day Westerdam earned her title of "Queen of The Horns", she tooted probably over 100 times as she sailed away for Dry Dock. Only reason we have no idea of just how many she tooted that day was because the sound on the web cam went out or was turned off. She was tooting long after passing the condos:)

Joanie

Archived