Sunday Feb 3, Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam Sail Away.

PathfinderEss

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][B]Not Bad for a NEW Captain!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]71 Toots!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]He done been trained well!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]New Captain for Westerdam, You are AWESOME!!! Welcome to the Port Everglades Cruise Critic Sail Away Tradition!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Joanie[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

Joanie,

Thanks for counting all the toots:D

[quote name='ariawoman']But he's not, *gasp* LEAVING for good *gasp* is he???[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B][SIZE=6]NO[/SIZE] he is moving to the Prinsendam to take over one of the Captain positions because one of the 2 now on Prinsendam is retiring.

We will miss you on Westerdam Captain Henk!!!

All I ask dear sir is to PLEASE Blow the Prinsendam horn when you depart Port Everglades!!!

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]To bad Copper is not around, he always know who the captains are, darn. Joanie hope Ron comes thru with a name.
I like to know who our new hero is.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]Me to Melodie!!! But Ron is on vacation at home in Czechoslovakia where he and his wife are moving into the new home they built.

Sure hope he answers soon!!!!!!!!

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

NO he is moving to the Prinsendam to take over one of the Captain positions because one of the 2 now on Prinsendam is retiring.

All I ask dear sir is to PLEASE Blow the Prinsendam horn when you depart Port Everglades!!!

Joanie

Joanie - I am SO confused (doesn't take much)

I understood that it was now Captain Roberts and S on the Prinsendam.

If Henk is coming on, could you let me know if he will be on in May or June ir you can find out? thanks.

NO he is moving to the Prinsendam to take over one of the Captain positions because one of the 2 now on Prinsendam is retiring.

Joanie

AMEN TO THAT. Is there any reason to believe Captain PJ is not at the helm right now?

Missed the sailaway but I get the "picture". Off to dinner, they moved it up a half hour to give us more time for the Super Bowl. Go Ravens.

We should all be looking forward to May 17 and November 26, a few of us moreso than most.

Roy

AMEN TO THAT. Is there any reason to believe Captain PJ is not at the helm right now?

Missed the sailaway but I get the "picture". Off to dinner, they moved it up a half hour to give us more time for the Super Bowl. Go Ravens.

We should all be looking forward to May 17 and November 26, a few of us moreso than most.

Roy

Well it could be Captain PJ but from what Joanie was hearing today it is a new Captain off the NA. Go back and read her earlier post.

Roy

........Roy I know PJ is not the Captain because of a Bridge Conversation this morning between NA an Westerdam. The Westerdam BO stated that they have a VERY NEW Captain today.

OK, off to watch the Carnival tonight and then await the Zuiderdam tomorrow:)

Joanie

Freedom with a very respectable 3 toots.

That ends Sunday's wonderful sail away.

Thanks everyone for being here today, all you addicts.:)

Thanks to Joanie for the count, I just get to excited to do it, I'll admit it.

Chief it is all yours now, :D

Big thanks to Lou and David for the wonderful web cam's that gives us these great sail aways.:)

Well it could be Captain PJ but from what Joanie was hearing today it is a new Captain off the NA. Go back and read her earlier post.

From what I heard, the New Westerdam was aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam last week. I THINK, note I said I THINK, he may have been getting some training on her. He might have just been a passenger on board for relaxation... I do not know, will have to wait to find out.

Jacqui, there should not be any confusion.

Prinsendam, as well as all HAL Ships have 2 Captains and they rotate normally. One of the current Captains on Prinsendam is retiring and Captain Henk Keijer is taking his position as one of the 2 captains on Prinsendam.

Joanie

Archived