Major Storm in N.E.

Shipbound

At least the storm had the courtesy to start on a Friday!

I live in CT and according to the weather report Friday morning until 12:00 should be ok. It is Mid day on Friday until Mid day on Saturday that is going to be a mess so any flights leaving on Saturday may have problems. There is nothing worse than missing a cruise to start a vacation.

Gary

NYC area is only expecting atleast a foot or two, nothing that bad for us

I'm a little outside of Boston and we are only expecting 1-2 feet also. It's also supposed to be the light fluffy stuff so no problem. However, in the city it could be heavier and wetter so the airport in East Boston could have problems. Hopefully people will make their ships. We used to always book in January and fly the same day. It's a risk but sometimes that's all you can do.

I knew we couldn't get through the winter without a major storm! Last year was a fluke. I just hope we don't lose power, LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) is horrid in their response to outages.

At least you can throw your perishables outside this go round to keep fresh.

I knew we couldn't get through the winter without a major storm! Last year was a fluke. I just hope we don't lose power, LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) is horrid in their response to outages.

Really, now! We lost power 12 days with Sandy, and for an hour last week with those 50mph winds. Can't wait to see what this storm brings!!:p

Huh????

A foot of snow here is a major problem, especially if you don't live in Bloomberg's Manhattan!

Relax, I think they were joking. We all know that the tri-state area shuts down even when there are a few inches of snow. Already they are cross-honoring bus and train passes.

I live in what is considered on the top "snowiest cities" in the US. We are suppose to get a foot of snow with this storm. Add it to the rest of the snow we have on the ground. I hate winter and live in the wrong state. I look forward to April when I can be on a boat in the sun and warm!

At least you can throw your perishables outside this go round to keep fresh.

This is true, we need to move the BBQ in case we need it.

Really, now! We lost power 12 days with Sandy, and for an hour last week with those 50mph winds. Can't wait to see what this storm brings!!:p

Well, that sucks! We were without power for only 5 days, so we were a lot better off than many. We lost power the year before for 5 days with Irene. So 5 days seems to be the going rate here. I just hope that we don't get a storm next week end. We fly out of JFK Sunday night.

If you live in New England or New York and have a cruise out of Florida this weekend, what are you sitting around reading Cruise Critic for? Get in you car and start driving right now!

I live in what is considered on the top "snowiest cities" in the US.

You live in Valdez, Alaska?

#1: Valdez, Alaska

Snow stats

• Average yearly snow: 326.3"

(Highest ranked in New York is Boonville at 193 inches according to this article

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/13/9418014-americas-snowiest-places-weathercom-lists-them?lite )

If you live in New England or New York and have a cruise out of Florida this weekend, what are you sitting around reading Cruise Critic for? Get in you car and start driving right now!

The people not concerned are the non cruisers. They just this minute announced school closures tomorrow in Boston. NY is under blizzard warnings (that's not a watch), expect at least 10-14".

I'm only repeating what I just heard on HLN news.

We are sitting here in 80 degree weather, which actually is warmer than the norm for Feb.

I live in MA! Sort of excited for the snow, as long as we don't lose power. This weather is just getting me even more ready for our cruise in May.

We just got word the office is closed tomorrow...yay!!! Now I can sleep in! Will be home making plans for our next cruise..haven't decided yet on exactly which one...the Glory, the Dream, or the Victory..depends on on my budget.

Good luck to everyone flying out of NE this weekend..I hope you make your cruise.

Archived