Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

lorekauf,

I have been reading of your trials and tribulations over your luggage. We all know that this same thing could happen to any of us. So glad you got at least one! It would be interesting to know where your luggage has been vacationing.

A lost bag situation is a "disaster?" Seriously??? An inconvenience for sure - a MAJOR inconvenience actually, but my goodness, certainly not what I'd consider a disaster.:rolleyes:

Hopefully bag #2 will turn up for you Lorekauf.

Sorry but I am not going to bite.

We have been travelling for sixi months now and are about to go home. meter had any real issues with transportation or luggage. We thought we packed light with one suitcase each.

The one thing that we did learn is that we could easily do a seven night cruise with only a carry on each. Next time we will. And we will keep it with us.

Wow...just reading through this. It has sure made me re-think about packing and carry-on.

So sorry this has happened to you Lorekauf-I'd be pulling my hair out I think:(

Glad to read you have one suitcase and sure hope your other shows up at your next port for you.

How did you fare when you embarked on your cruise without your baggage?

It wouldn't be pleasant but gosh, I can think of a whole lot of truly devastating things that could happen to me in any given day, week, month or year. If the worst thing that ever happens to me is my luggage gets lost on a vacation, my life would be pretty fantastic. I live my life by: If life gives you lemons, then make some lemonade. This is surely not a life altering disaster, that so many posters seem to think it is. My family has experienced a life altering disaster, and even that was far less worse than what others have had to endure. I just don't get the fuss, that's all.

It wouldn't be pleasant but gosh, I can think of a whole lot of truly devastating things that could happen to me in any given day, week, month or year. If the worst thing that ever happens to me is my luggage gets lost on a vacation, my life would be pretty fantastic. I live my life by: If life gives you lemons, then make some lemonade. This is surely not a life altering disaster, that so many posters seem to think it is. My family has experienced a life altering disaster, and even that was far less worse than what others have had to endure. I just don't get the fuss, that's all.

Oh come on lighten up. It's all relative, and at this point in time it is a bit of a disaster for her. Anyone who knows me personally knows that by golly I've had some pretty devastating stuff happen in my life too, but I can still empathsize with someone in this situation.

I have had some life-altering disasters, too, but that doesn't mean I would be pleased that my luggage was missing. As a matter of fact, I'd be so FAR past "annoyed" I'd be in a different zip code. I don't see anyone suggesting it was a life-altering disaster. I see other posters expressing concern and empathy.

Who said this was devastation? Sure, I've had worse things happen to me too BUT that being said I wouldn't have wanted to be on the Triumph and I wouldn't want to be in Lorekauf's shoes - and I know DH wouldn't:eek:

I don't see anything wrong with a caring community personally and that is what this is about. sorry if you don't approve

Who said this was devastation? Sure, I've had worse things happen to me too BUT that being said I wouldn't have wanted to be on the Triumph and I wouldn't want to be in Lorekauf's shoes - and I know DH wouldn't:eek:

LOL! I think Lorekauf would love to be in her shoes right now.:D

I want to report that I have one piece of my luggage. I don't know where the other one is and at this point I'm over the moon about having one. HAL has been simply AMAZING and I doubt I'd even have had one by now if it wasn't for them. It was sitting at the Delta counter at St Martin. I have no idea why. I'm on the ship so I won't get back on this thread until I find cheap internet. Thanks everyone for the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

Thanks for the update. I am so glad you have at least one bag.

Hopefully your other one will show up at another port.

I dont get it. This board was criticized earlier for being cliquiy and rude. Now for being supportive and caring!

I dont kmow Lorekauf but i always read her posts and i have discerned over this past year that she has a very demanding job and didnt need this added stress duing her much anticipated cruise. I personally am thrilled that she has received one of her suitcases, and i am a relative newbie here as well.

Congatulations Lorekauf!

Dear Sail7seas....There are many ports where luggage cannot be forwarded, and for a number of reasons. For instance on the Hawaiian Island sailings, there is no way to send bags to either Maui or Kauai. On Panama Canal sailings, bags cannot be forwarded to anywhere but Mexico. I'm sure there are restictions for Caribbean Islands, too. The port agent is responsible for crew luggage, but not passenger luggage. HAL must have a licensed and bonded luggage forwarding agent in order to take airline bags, or the airline must take responsibility to deliver to the passenger at the port.

David

I dont get it. This board was criticized earlier for being cliquiy and rude. Now for being supportive and caring!

I dont kmow Lorekauf but i always read her posts and i have discerned over this past year that she has a very demanding job and didnt need this added stress duing her much anticipated cruise. I personally am thrilled that she has received one of her suitcases, and i am a relative newbie here as well.

Congatulations Lorekauf!

Nice post.

Lorekauf has at least one bag and the other we hope is not far behind. That plus her terrific attitude equals a great holiday.:)

Dear Sail7seas....There are many ports where luggage cannot be forwarded, and for a number of reasons. For instance on the Hawaiian Island sailings, there is no way to send bags to either Maui or Kauai. On Panama Canal sailings, bags cannot be forwarded to anywhere but Mexico. I'm sure there are restictions for Caribbean Islands, too. The port agent is responsible for crew luggage, but not passenger luggage. HAL must have a licensed and bonded luggage forwarding agent in order to take airline bags, or the airline must take responsibility to deliver to the passenger at the port.

David

Wouldn't the airline be taking care of the bags since they messed up? How is HAL involved (unless the air was booked through HAL)?

The airlines have no idea as to the cruise itinerary. Some airlines will just hold your luggage until you return home. Most; however, will attemt to forward luggage to the first port that can accept and deliver the items to the ship. Placing your cruise luggage tag on bags is helpful. Shoreside HAL staff work with the airlines to deliver bags during the sailing.

David

David

Doesn't seem impossible to me the Port Agent could be a licensed and bonded agent about which you speak. Port Agents are responsible for all sorts of tasks and assistance for the ships. They are the 'friend in town'.

Archived