Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Have you had any response from Guest Services onboard? By now they should have e-mailed your lost luggage information to the shoreside property manager. If you have given them the airline's File Locator, they should know where your bag is. Knowing the itinerary of your cruise, it might take a few days to route your bag back through Houston to get to the Caribbean., and of course, not all ports have an airport agent who is able to collect your bag and deliver it to the ship. At the least, you should have had a reply from HAL in FLL by now.

David

HAL has a port agent in every port where they call.

Port Agent can arrange pick up and delivery of forwarded luggage.

I want to report that I have one piece of my luggage. I don't know where the other one is and at this point I'm over the moon about having one. HAL has been simply AMAZING and I doubt I'd even have had one by now if it wasn't for them. It was sitting at the Delta counter at St Martin. I have no idea why. I'm on the ship so I won't get back on this thread until I find cheap internet. Thanks everyone for the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

HIP HIP HURRAY !!!!

Such good news.

You must be so relieved to at least have one of your bags.

The other is sure to follow soon.

Very good to hear the office on the ship is trying so hard to help you.

Enjoy your 'things'. :)

Lorene please know that all of us this CC thread are keeping our fingers crossed for a positive outcome to your misfortune. Lost/late luggage could happen to any of us. I think through all this you have been a trooper and I wish you all the best.

I want to report that I have one piece of my luggage. I don't know where the other one is and at this point I'm over the moon about having one. HAL has been simply AMAZING and I doubt I'd even have had one by now if it wasn't for them. It was sitting at the Delta counter at St Martin. I have no idea why. I'm on the ship so I won't get back on this thread until I find cheap internet. Thanks everyone for the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

awesome:):):) hoping the other piece appears before you sail:)so glad to hear this (I don't shout often - but I thought this warranted it):)

i want to report that i have one piece of my luggage. I don't know where the other one is and at this point i'm over the moon about having one. Hal has been simply amazing and i doubt i'd even have had one by now if it wasn't for them. It was sitting at the delta counter at st martin. I have no idea why. I'm on the ship so i won't get back on this thread until i find cheap internet. Thanks everyone for the support. You'll never know how much it's meant to me.

yes!!!!!!

I had this bolded and in the largest font to look enthusiastic. It posted pretty wishy washy looking but sending a big yes your way anyway.

Great news! I hope the other one shows up soon. A surprise in every port? :)

What you say is true. When we had mishandled baggage HAL was all over it. I couldn't believe it.

Fingers crossed the rest of your luggage shows up too but if not you already have the makings of an EXCELLENT holiday.:)

Smooth sailing from now on...

Lorene please know that all of us this CC thread are keeping our fingers crossed for a positive outcome to your misfortune. Lost/late luggage could happen to any of us. I think through all this you have been a trooper and I wish you all the best.

I whole heartedly agree....it is every traveler's worst nightmare. I am so paranoid about it that I usually pack half my stuff in my bag, half in DH's bag and vice versa for him. That way if we only get one bag, at least we have something to wear for awhile. We also take a complete change of clothes in our carry on bags. I know it is overkill, but as gigianne said, it can happen to anyone, at any time. I sure hope it turns out okay for Lorene and she finally gets both her bags.

I whole heartedly agree....it is every traveler's worst nightmare. I am so paranoid about it that I usually pack half my stuff in my bag, half in DH's bag and vice versa for him. That way if we only get one bag, at least we have something to wear for awhile. We also take a complete change of clothes in our carry on bags. I know it is overkill, but as gigianne said, it can happen to anyone, at any time. I sure hope it turns out okay for Lorene and she finally gets both her bags.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I always cross pack us. I not only share all the bags we take between us but every bag has underwear for each, change of jerseys, shirts, swimsuits etc I make it so we could live out of only one bag if that is all that arrives. I put DH's dark suit in one bag but his sports jacket in another. I put one of my dresses in each bag.

I wouldn't like it but I'd sure like it more than not getting any of our bags. :eek:

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I always cross pack us. I not only share all the bags we take between us but every bag has underwear for each, change of jerseys, shirts, swimsuits etc I make it so we could live out of only one bag if that is all that arrives. I put DH's dark suit in one bag but his sports jacket in another. I put one of my dresses in each bag.

I wouldn't like it but I'd sure like it more than not getting any of our bags. :eek:

That best describes how I do it as well. It certainly is more time consuming as it takes some thought but it would turn a lost bag situation into an inconvenience rather than a disaster.

I'm so very glad to hear you did get one piece of luggage. It's great news.

DH and I have cross packed only once since he doesn't like doing it. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see my bags arrive in the cabin. From now on, we're cross packing.

Sail, isn't it interesting that you could live out of only one of the bags if you really had to? I know I bring way too much and am really going to try to get that under control this next time.

<snip>

Sail, isn't it interesting that you could live out of only one of the bags if you really had to? I know I bring way too much and am really going to try to get that under control this next time.

:D :D Good point, Carol. ;)

Don't tell my DH.

I have promised my self I am packing lighter from here on out. I've gotten better than I used to be but am still lugging too much with us. It's getting too hard to manage heavy suitcases.

Lorene

That is

absolutely

Wonderful

that you

have 1

suitcase!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I am glad others do this, some folks think I am too overly detail oriented and call me a fastidious "girl scout" - "always prepared". Sometimes to a fault! So at least I know now that I am not alone in this method of packing! Thanks for the input! To me, there would be nothing worse than going on a nice vacation and not having that bag you so carefully packed with everything you thought you would need!

Just an update. Today is Saint Martin. I still have no luggage. I guess I should have gotten to FLL a month before my holiday. The last year has been very harsh and I really don't need this. At this point I feel very defeated and angry. This is a huge waste of my holidays and no one s/b treated this way by an airline. They s/b ashamed of themselves.

For anyone that is trying to email to my sahw account I can't get into it. If you want you can try

lorekauf at hotmail dot com

Ahh, what rotten luck. I already hate to fly and my luggage hasn't been lost. Is there any hope of ever seeing it again, let alone on the cruise?

Go have one of those umbrella drinks on the deck and maybe you will start to feel better :D

ML

WHOOT! I can only imagine the relief that even one bag can bring, WHOOT I verily say again!

My Boss (who travels A LOT, it is unusual for him to be in the office 5 out of 5 days, this week it's two) travels carry on only and enforces this rule on his whole family if they are flying together. This is an executive, so it's almost all suits! At least for business.

Tomorrow he leaves for Asia, and he is checking one thing... his golf clubs.

Cheers,

Deb <---- "WHOOT"

yippeee!!! now, relax and really start to enjoy the cruise. Wish i was there to buy you a glass of wine to celebrate;)

If it makes you feel any better, I am sitting at home freezing after 6" of snow last night. Nothing like Calgary but a lot for Albuquerque.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

ML

I am so happy for you that at least one of your bags has found it's way to you. Here's a {{{big hug}}} of relief. Now, a little {{{hug}}} of comfort while you wait for the other bag.

Now, get all dolled up for dinner tonight! :D

I am so happy for you. Having had this happen to me I know what it's like. At least for me i was not on a cruise. Heres hoping the other bag is in st Lucia or Barbados.

Terri

Archived