Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Just an update. Today is Saint Martin. I still have no luggage. I guess I should have gotten to FLL a month before my holiday. The last year has been very harsh and I really don't need this. At this point I feel very defeated and angry. This is a huge waste of my holidays and no one s/b treated this way by an airline. They s/b ashamed of themselves.

For anyone that is trying to email to my sahw account I can't get into it. If you want you can try

lorekauf at hotmail dot com

Just an update. Today is Saint Martin. I still have no luggage. I guess I should have gotten to FLL a month before my holiday. The last year has been very harsh and I really don't need this. At this point I feel very defeated and angry. This is a huge waste of my holidays and no one s/b treated this way by an airline. They s/b ashamed of themselves.

For anyone that is trying to email to my sahw account I can't get into it. If you want you can try

DAM it anyways:mad: What a shame Lorene. I am so sorry to hear this.

Lorene

This is just so awful!!

Maybe it will arrive before you leave the port? Prayers for that to happen.

Drat, I am so sorry to read this, Lorene.

I had an image of them rolling your suitcase up the gangway and was sure you would get it today. There's still time....... Maybe it will arrive before the ship sails this afternoon.

I agree it is terrible treatment by an airline. I would not be a good sport if this happened to DH and/or me.

I do have insurance. I have hard sided luggage so no pockets to put an itin in. I do purchase internet on the ship but it's very slow. I'm using internet in port but that is breaking down a lot! I should have said my shaw account in my last post.

I just finished reading the post on here. I agree with Peter, I think my bag is in Bora Bora. Geriatric nurse, your post was rude. I guess you've never been on acruise before and used the ships internet. Thanks to everyone that has given me support.

Consider the cost of staying extra days in a hotel versus the cost of new clothes. In my case, it wouldn't take very many days in a decent hotel before the hotel bill would exceed the value of my luggage.

You did everything right but it just didn't work. Best wishes and I hope that you can enjoy your cruise.

igraf

Just an update. Today is Saint Martin. I still have no luggage. I guess I should have gotten to FLL a month before my holiday. The last year has been very harsh and I really don't need this. At this point I feel very defeated and angry. ...

I'm so sorry to read this, Lorene. No one needs this, and it has to be especially difficult when you really need to relax and unwind.

It's awful to think of all that time and effort selecting just what to bring, and packing it, all for naught.

Someday you will look back on this and laugh. Someday.

I'm so sorry to read this, Lorene. No one needs this, and it has to be especially difficult when you really need to relax and unwind.

It's awful to think of all that time and effort selecting just what to bring, and packing it, all for naught.

Someday you will look back on this and laugh. Someday.

It may be a long long time for that though. 2 years ago my darling grandson brought the hose into the bedroom to put out a "fire". He soaked the entire room.:eek: Now remember this is my grandson.....I'm still not laughing. Everyone else is though.

It may be a long long time for that though. 2 years ago my darling grandson brought the hose into the bedroom to put out a "fire". He soaked the entire room.:eek: Now remember this is my grandson.....I'm still not laughing. Everyone else is though.

Forty two years ago my son pulled a fire alarm. I don't think I have laughed yet.

How awful.... I know how much planning I put into my vacation and how I choose and select my outfits in anticipation. It wouldbe very disappointing to go through what you have gone through.

I hope you at least are enjoying good weather , food and nice people surrounding you!

Oh bloody hell, that's awful Lorene. And the absolute last thing you needed - more stress. Hopefully there's still time for it to catch up with you, but you seem to be making the best of a bad situation... as others have said, at least you're not in Calgary right now.:(

I do have insurance. I have hard sided luggage so no pockets to put an itin in. I do purchase internet on the ship but it's very slow. I'm using internet in port but that is breaking down a lot! I should have said my shaw account in my last post.

I just finished reading the post on here. I agree with Peter, I think my bag is in Bora Bora. Geriatric nurse, your post was rude. I guess you've never been on acruise before and used the ships internet. Thanks to everyone that has given me support.

No, it wasn't! :)

I'm really sorry to hear that the luggage has still not caught up. I know how it is to have expectations your bag will appear and be told yet again that it is still 'in transit'. I hope Lorene is still finding it possible to get some relaxation and some pleasure from her cruise.

It must be terrible not to have luggage. I feel really badly for you. I hope you will be re-united with it soon but who knows?

Fortunately, it has never happened to us - YET but I sure do not want to speak too soon.

Take care and try to enjoy the cruise anyway (if possible).

I was so sorry to read this update. I came on with fingers and toes crossed and ready to read an update saying the suitcase was waiting on the dock....I am so sorry. I hope you can still find some rest and relaxation on your long-awaited cruise.

To those who complain about 'cliques' and 'cheerleaders' on the HAL boards I just don't get it. I have to wonder if you just have a 'me against the world' kind of attitude. Perhaps a bit more of live and let live is the way to go?

I consider myself a very ordinary person with a very optimistic and positive attitude toward life in general. I have met quite a number of the HAL CC frequent/cheerleader posters during the meet and greets on my various cruises, including those who are being criticized here. I have found every one of them to be pleasant, interesting and gracious individuals.

I often wonder what people who browse this Forum think. If I was thinking aout a HAL cruise, and read this forum for information what would be the impression of the average HAL cruiser?

Would I then determine HAL is really not for me and move on to another line? One in which the loyalists were less caustic, less critical, more honest, less rude?

Many who post on this Forum treat this as their own blog, new people need not post, and if they do, well the knves come out.

Sad really as the only way HAL will survive is with new customers and so many of the clique here are determined to drive away any who are not in the clique.

What you have to remember though is that the people that post to Cruise Critic are a very small percentage of the number of passengers on any given ship. They do not represent the "average HAL cruiser". And if you think that based on reading Cruise Critic then you wouldn't cruise any cruiseline. I've read alot of the boards from most of the major cruiselines and they all have their loyalists who will defend their cruiseline of choice. And some of them can appear to be snarky. They all have their "cliques" but I don't think that is a bad thing. People get to know each other through these boards. I've seen where there has been a death among the members and that person's family sees a great outpouring of sympathy from people who have never even met that person but only know them from these boards. And I personally think that there are some members who enjoy stirring the pot. As others have said, just skip over the posting that you don't like and see if anyone has given information that is helpful.

And I hope Lorene gets her luggage! What a disappointment that is to not have what you have carefully packed for your cruise.

Have you had any response from Guest Services onboard? By now they should have e-mailed your lost luggage information to the shoreside property manager. If you have given them the airline's File Locator, they should know where your bag is. Knowing the itinerary of your cruise, it might take a few days to route your bag back through Houston to get to the Caribbean., and of course, not all ports have an airport agent who is able to collect your bag and deliver it to the ship. At the least, you should have had a reply from HAL in FLL by now.

David

Archived