All Things Adventure of the Seas

So Bob, do all of the balcony cabins on Adventure Deck 8 have the glass plating facing the water, rather than steel? I'm currently booked on deck 6 for next May, and I didn't realize that those deck balconies have steel fronts! I may need to change cabins so that I can see the water when I'm sitting down!

I believe they do, was great for our two year old.

We had the most forward balcony cabin on deck 8

(First pic OS from the other side of the ship)

[ATTACH]328534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328535[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the response, Inked. That's exactly what I needed to know!

I believe they do, was great for our two year old.

We had the most forward balcony cabin on deck 8

(First pic OS from the other side of the ship)

[ATTACH]328534[/ATTACH][ATTACH]328535[/ATTACH]

Inked, do you happen to remember your cabin number per chance? Just curious about the location...

Thank-you for the update, that is encouraging news.:)

Hello,

Yes, last week (and the week before) there was still a waiter served Diamond and above section on Deck 5 port side MDR.

Regards,

Cublet

Just booked for November of 2015. This is my first cruise on AOS and first time booking an aft cabin. Has anyone stayed in 8390 or have any information on aft cabins?

Thank you!

Your stateroom has a much larger balcony than side-facing staterooms in the same category.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this great thread on the Adventure. We are sailing on Adventure for the first time on Dec 14th. We have done Allure and Oasis the past several sailings but wanted some new ports to visit. Really looking forward to the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We were fortunate to get a good deal on a Royal Family Suite for the 3 of us (our 18 year old son on college break going with us). Will be nice to have room to spread out and relax. We don't bring clothes for formal night but should be able to order from the MDR menu and enjoy dinner in our suite on those nights. We also will do a night or two at Giovanni's Table (was our favorite meal on Allure this month).

I was looking for some help on port info. Specifically which ports we can easily walk around town for shopping and/or walk to a beach nearby if not doing an excursion. Below is what we have planned and we are otherwise just looking for a relaxing beach nearby.

The stops we have are at:

Bridgetown, Barbados

- Plan on doing the Barbados Beach Break if not a close beach to do on our own.

Castries, St. Lucia

- Thinking about the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons excursion.

St. John's,, Antigua

- looking for a beach

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

- going to Maho Beach on our own to see the planes land

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

- Plan on doing the Coastal Bike Tour (if anyone has done this, was it good?)

If you can let me know which ports have easy access to town (without taking a taxi) that would be great. And if you know of any nice beaches close to the port to do on our own, that is also appreciated.

Thanks for you help.

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

St. John's,, Antigua

- looking for a beach

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Hi thrifty99-

I'm from Chicago also, and I'll be on the Adventure in May 2015. Got a different itinerary from you for that week, but I'd love to know about those ports as well. The only of those that I've been to are St Maarten and St Croix. I'll be watching for the responses to your post! :)

Just booked for November of 2015. This is my first cruise on AOS and first time booking an aft cabin. Has anyone stayed in 8390 or have any information on aft cabins?

Thank you!

Ill warm it up for you. We're in 8390 Oct. 2015

Edited by MiniChunks

St. John's,, Antigua

- looking for a beach

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

I sail on AoS in Dec. I also plan to do a beach day for St. John's. I read that Valley Church Beach and Darkwood are nice. Considering Coconut Beach Club at Yupton $50 pp includes drinks and lunch.

In St. Maarteen we plan to take a bus to Mullet Bay and then walk over to Maho Beach around 1 when the big planes land.

Never been on AoS, can't wait to see what she offers. We have booked Giovanni's on the formal nights, hope we enjoy it as much as you did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've just been on Adventure of the Seas transatlantic and had one of the best RCI cruises ever.

The ship was well looked after, the food in my opinion in the MDR was really excellent and the general feel of the ship was happy with a bunch of great staff and friendly sincere approaches to great customer service.

THANK YOU !

Out of everyone we encountered on board I just wanted to give an extra massive thanks to 4 staff in particular (in case RCI do read these threads) :

(and yes, I did also put them on my questionnaire)

(And for those who know me with my views of gratuities, I did tip all the expected tips and more - especially to Diamond Lounge servers and a couple of cleaners)

- Samuel Rudder - Bartender in the Diamond Lounge

- Xenia Nottny - Retail Assistant

- Negrut Cristian - Waiter

- Idewa Satya - Assistant Waiter

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Cruising Everyone !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone...just wondering if any of you Adventure experts know what is planned for April 25- May 3 refurb? I looked at the deck plans and other than relabeling the cabin categories, I don't see any major changes planned. Has anyone heard what is planned for Adventure during her "week off". I am hoping that the ship will still have all the major venues operational and that they aren't shutting things down early because we are scheduled to be on the ship the week before. Doesn't appear to be anything major according to the deck plans.

Hi Everyone...just wondering if any of you Adventure experts know what is planned for April 25- May 3 refurb? I looked at the deck plans and other than relabeling the cabin categories, I don't see any major changes planned. Has anyone heard what is planned for Adventure during her "week off". I am hoping that the ship will still have all the major venues operational and that they aren't shutting things down early because we are scheduled to be on the ship the week before. Doesn't appear to be anything major according to the deck plans.

Adventure is not scheduled for revitalization until 2016. I hope they're only planning scheduled maintenance for the 25th. It sounds like we'll be on the same Southern B cruise.

Tom

Adventure is not scheduled for revitalization until 2016. I hope they're only planning scheduled maintenance for the 25th. It sounds like we'll be on the same Southern B cruise.

Tom

As long as they have it straight by my May 16th sailing, I'll be happy...;)

Thanks for this great thread on the Adventure. We are sailing on Adventure for the first time on Dec 14th. We have done Allure and Oasis the past several sailings but wanted some new ports to visit. Really looking forward to the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We were fortunate to get a good deal on a Royal Family Suite for the 3 of us (our 18 year old son on college break going with us). Will be nice to have room to spread out and relax. We don't bring clothes for formal night but should be able to order from the MDR menu and enjoy dinner in our suite on those nights. We also will do a night or two at Giovanni's Table (was our favorite meal on Allure this month).

I was looking for some help on port info. Specifically which ports we can easily walk around town for shopping and/or walk to a beach nearby if not doing an excursion. Below is what we have planned and we are otherwise just looking for a relaxing beach nearby.

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

St. John's,, Antigua

- looking for a beach

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

If you can let me know which ports have easy access to town (without taking a taxi) that would be great. And if you know of any nice beaches close to the port to do on our own, that is also appreciated.

Thanks for you help.

Actually, I just got back from the Adventure on Sunday, I'm thinking about putting up a blog here with TONS of pictures. We did this exact itinerary. Probably putting it up sometime this week. Keep an eye out for it.

Actually, I just got back from the Adventure on Sunday, I'm thinking about putting up a blog here with TONS of pictures. We did this exact itinerary. Probably putting it up sometime this week. Keep an eye out for it.

Anything recent that you have on Adventure will be welcome!

Also, if anybody who is doing the St. Thomas/St. Kitts/Aruba/Curacao itinerary can provide pics/scans of the Cruise Compasses, it would be amazing.

If nobody does it before my Jan 4 sailing, I promise to provide for others.

We're doing that itinerary 12/21! It will be cutting it close, but if no one else has scanned them in by then I'll try to get them up asap when we get back!