blu dining

shoesonfire

As an Aqua cabin cruiser can you pre book a first night dining time in Blu before boarding?

Not as far I know of. First night you get an hour. We thought ours was far to late, we showed up 1 hour earlier and we were seated right away...

From the second night on you just show up when you like to show up...

There will be a card in our room with a time for the first night. You so not need to show up at that time. Seating in Blu is not at an assigned time. It is always anytime dining. As long as there are seats available you will be seated and served. You will only have to wait if it is full or you want a special seat, like a window seat, and none is available. Enjoy your cruise

Can you make a reservation for the same time each evening?

There are no reservations in Blu unless you need a large,(6 or more) table, as Cathy says if you want to dine at the same time every night just show up at the same time every night. After four cruises dining in Blu, the longest we ever have had to wait was ten minutes and that was for breakfast. Enjoy your cruise.

There are no reservations in Blu. On our last cruise, we received a very poorly worded letter in our cabin saying that the Maitre d' in Blu would be available to help with reservations from 4-5. I went, thinking this was something new, only to find out that the Maitre d' would help you make reservations at any other restaurant....but not Blu.

For some reason, unknown even to the folks in Blu, the first night is assigned with a letter/card in your cabin. You can dine whenever you want, even on the first night...but since everyone received an assigned time, most follow it. The problem is that if you want to dine at 7, Blu can be full of folks who would have preferred to eat at some other time, but were assigned 6 so that's when they arrived. It's pretty much just a crazy mixup that Celebrity perpetuates. Obviously, if they just let folks eat when they wanted, it would be like every other night on the cruise which works fine in Select....crazy.

We just show up at 7-7:15 and we've never had a problem. Of course, if we did have to wait, we'd just go have a drink in the rendevous lounge and the maitre d' would come for us when a table was ready (that's how they do longer waits normally).

We also appreciate all the info as this is our first time in Aqua and Blu. Also, we don't mind a short wait to enjoy a pre-dinner drink as well. Question for others w/past experiences on Summit, assuming sailaway gets off on time (5 p.m.) is there a muster station drill scheduled before or after sailaway? Trying to plan ahead for our first night onboard dining time.

We also appreciate all the info as this is our first time in Aqua and Blu. Also, we don't mind a short wait to enjoy a pre-dinner drink as well. Question for others w/past experiences on Summit, assuming sailaway gets off on time (5 p.m.) is there a muster station drill scheduled before or after sailaway? Trying to plan ahead for our first night onboard dining time.

It will be prior to sailing, probably 4 or 4:30....First night is also an excellent time to try one of the Specialties if that is in your plans. Very often a break in price and they not frequented by a lot of people on first night.

You'll love it...and don't forget to take advantage of breakfast as well. French Toast and Vanilla Pancakes are both very good and they really know how to poach an egg. No Hollandaise however.

This is ship dependent....

We're just off the Millenium and the blueberry pancakes were terrible in blu. They also could not serve a non hardboiled poached egg (I tried twice), however, they did have hollandaise. We were on the Eclipse, this past fall and on that ship, I would agree with you on the eggs, they were terrific but they didn't have hollandaise, even on request a day in advance.

:eek: That's treasonous!!! no eggs benedict?! I may cry....:(

If you want something not on the menu in Blu just ask and if it is in another restaurant or dining room they will get it for you. I have asked for things on last 2 cruises and they were really helpful.

This is ship dependent....

We're just off the Millenium and the blueberry pancakes were terrible in blu. They also could not serve a non hardboiled poached egg (I tried twice), however, they did have hollandaise. We were on the Eclipse, this past fall and on that ship, I would agree with you on the eggs, they were terrific but they didn't have hollandaise, even on request a day in advance.

On the M class ships the MDR and Blu kitchens are very close together so providing hollandaise (from the MDR kitchen) is no big deal. On the S class ships not so easy and if someone goes to the MDR kitchen to provide it for you (something I would NEVER ask nor expect) it will be cold by the time you get it. You can have breakfast in the MDR even if you are in Blu - if you really want that hollandaise.

As an Aqua cabin cruiser can you pre book a first night dining time in Blu before boarding?

Does anyone happen to know where Blu is located on the Eclipse? Also, is it normal for my cruise reservation to say that I eat in the main dining room at 6 pm even though I'm aqua class?

If you want something not on the menu in Blu just ask and if it is in another restaurant or dining room they will get it for you. I have asked for things on last 2 cruises and they were really helpful.

Can you request deserts from the specialty restraurants if you don't care for what they are offering. Thanks

Does anyone happen to know where Blu is located on the Eclipse? Also, is it normal for my cruise reservation to say that I eat in the main dining room at 6 pm even though I'm aqua class?

Blu is back aft, to your right, just before you enter the Tuscan Grill on Deck 5.

They set up dining times so you don't have to pre-pay gratuities, but you can eat anytime you desire for dinner in Blu.

Blu is back right on deck 5 Aft......near Tuscan Grille.

Just go to Blu since you are in AQ...don't worry. My booking says

6:00pm but nothing about the main dining room is on there.

(I am in AQ too).....they do the time thing for the first night only.

Blu is really anytime for the cruise...you go eat dinner whenever you

want.

Archived