MS Nieuw Amsterdam/MS Westerdam Sail-Away 3/3/13

aliaschief

monina, there are almost always divers in the water for the cruise ships. I guess PEG is one of the ports that the ships are allowed to do whatever underwater repairs/cleaning/adjusting.....

Westerdam is doing Muster now and they said 4 passengers and 16 crew missing:eek::eek: The passengers could be the ones whose flight landed at 3:15 and they are on their way, but the 16 crew.........Oh Oh!!

Pulling Jetway now.

EDITED TO ADD:Weather turning really ugly looking after starting the day off so beautifully.

Joanie[/size]

monina, there are almost always divers in the water for the cruise ships. I guess PEG is one of the ports that the ships are allowed to do whatever underwater repairs/cleaning/adjusting.....

Pulling Jetway now.

Joanie

thanks! I didn't know that......:)

I'm baaaack. Had a great time outside, I feel we got a lot done. However there's still lots to do. I felt sad because I stepped on a daffodil. It really seems like spring. I seem to have made it in time to hear the horns. I didn't hear any this morning while I was walking the dog, but I guess that's because it's a beautiful clear day. I do love those foghorns, though. The last few days we have been having a "pineapple express" - warm air and lots of rain all the way from Hawaii, and that's what got everything growing, and brought out all the slugs and snails. Must get back to the webcam....

Westie going out first? Woohoo. My favorite:)

Barring if I lived in the port city or very nearby, I would never risk flying in or driving in day of the cruise. Sorry for the two who are missing the departure though.

thanks! I didn't know that......:)

I thought you'd not known that. That's why I gave all the possibilities of what is/could be being done:)

And the ship with the divers is Carnival Freedom, not ours today:)

Hope all 16 of the crew and the last 2 passengers (independents) make it.

Joanie

Pulling lines, even wioth missing crew..........Hope they hurry up. Hate to see anyone lose their jobs and hate the thought of passengers suffering due to lack of crew:(

Sounds like a few just arrived via car......

Joanie

Archived