Help!! Getting DOWNgraded, must choose room...

Lightngsvt

Experts, I need your help and in a hurry! I just received a call from Celebrity, seems there was a computer problem and the room we were booked into was already reserved about a year ago so they have to move us. Since its only 8 days until we sail there are "slim pickins". Its our 10th anniversary and I originally wanted a suite, but had to choose Aqua Class since none were available. Now however, there are neither AC or suites available and we have to move to Concierge or standard, or move to the Reflection sailing on the 23rd which does have AC left. :mad:

Depending on the room they are offering either $150 OBC or the difference in fare ($120/pp) + $150 OBC. The options are:

C1- 9378

C2- 2106

C2- 9299

C2- 1664

Or on Reflection 3/23:

A1- 1605

A1- 2105

My wife has her heart set on a dolphin encounter as well as stingrays. Are either of those possible in St Thomas, St Maarten or San Juan if we switched ships?

Im leaning towards 2106 since its mid ship and close to the elevators, but being by the pool deck and this being Spring Break if there would be a lot of noise? We'd like to sleep in a couple of days and have room service breakfast. I have some concerns about the motion at the very stern of the ship, is it more than the center?

Needless to say I am very disappointed! :( They are trying to make it right, but we lose a lot of amenities for only $150 in OBC. This is our first Celebrity Cruise, do things like this happen often? Maybe shouldve just went to Atlantis or Sandals. Anyway.....

So given the available choices what would be your pick and why?

IMHO you are entitled to more compensation as this is clearly Celebrity's fault and has a pretty significant impact on you. Not sure if you are already communicating with the resolutions department, but if not I'd ask to speak with them. I had the same thing happen to me once - I booked one of the Aqua Class staterooms with the large balconies and months later they realized they had double booked and the other person beat me by a day. While there were other Aqua Class rooms available, there were none with large balconies. They at first wanted to give me some token OBC and have me pick a different Aqua Class room, but I ended up with a free upgrade to a Sky Suite when I said it was unacceptable and spoke to someone in resolutions. As no suites are currently available for your cruise and you actually have to downgrade, IMHO you should be allotted a hefty OBC and/or some significant perks such as beverage packages (if you do not already have them).

As for motion, yes, midship experiences less motion. Forward has the most, then aft. For some it is not a big deal - but if one or both of you is prone to seasickness then midship is advisable.

Happy anniversary and hopefully it works out to something you find satisfactory. Keep us posted!

My opinion is that you should grab 2106 quickly as it has the larger balcony. Much larger than any of your other choices. We have stayed in the cabins near the elevators on this class of ship and have never heard a thing from that area. The corridor to the cabins is well separated. A disappointing choice no matter what you decide. I hope you insist on more from Celebrity for the big mistake THEY made, but are able to put it aside while on your cruise so you can enjoy it and have a very Happy Anniversary.

I would insist on them allowing you to dine in Blu and have free access to the Persian Gardens as well. Those are the real perks for being in an AC room and, since it's their fault, they should allow you to receive those perks.

Thanks everyone! This was "great" new this morning after being in the office until 3:15am (big project) last night. So either 2016 or 9378? So I should ask for the $150 OBC plus free access to Blue and the spa, anything else I should ask for? I have to call back and get this settled while these rooms are still open.

Take the C1 9378. It's a stern s/r - so nice sitting on the balcony and watching the wake with an adult drink in your hand' date=' or in the a.m., your coffee and croissant![/quote']

I agree. Grab 9378. Ask for either dining in Blu or much more OBC so you can dine in the specialty restaurants. They screwed up, $150 OBC doesn't cut it. You could also ask for prepaid gratuities.

I agree. Grab 9378. Ask for either dining in Blu or much more OBC so you can dine in the specialty restaurants. They screwed up, $150 OBC doesn't cut it. You could also ask for prepaid gratuities.

Stay with us on Silhouette LightingSVT! Your wife will love Grand Cayman and Stingray City plus Cozumel and the Dolphin experience. Much more unique than the shopping in St. Thomas. ;) As mentioned the balcony cabins in the different classes are All the SAME (excluding suites) just the benefits are different...so insist on dining in BLU or Specialty Dining Package and access to Spa perks no matter where they relocate you! Concierge Class rooms come with nearly everything else Aqua Class includes.

Oh! Please come back and let us know how everything works out. :)

Staying on the 3/23 Silouette cruise. Just got off the phone with the Resolution Dept, they werent willing to budge really. :confused: we went back and forth but I guess I folded first. Although they did offer to let us keep 1599 and theyd bump the original passengers. Honestly they booked well in advance so not sure I feel right about that, so they are going to call them and make them the offer to move.

If we move I think Im going to go with 2106, the balcony is large, its centrally located and should feel less motion (not sure if this will be an issue or not?). They will give us the $150 OBC and refund $240 off the fare. I think 1599 has a large overhang and 2106 has at least a little bit of sun. So wondering if I should take their offer and move over to 2106? 9378 is probably nice and seems to have a better veranda / view but seems to be more of a hike to get anywhere and not sure about the potential motion if we hit weather.

I would insist on them allowing you to dine in Blu and have free access to the Persian Gardens as well. Those are the real perks for being in an AC room and, since it's their fault, they should allow you to receive those perks.

I agree with Duke 95.........

I agree with Gonzo........

Talk to the resolutions department immediately!!!!!!

Make sure they know this is your tenth anniversary.

Staying on the 3/23 Silouette cruise. Just got off the phone with the Resolution Dept, they werent willing to budge really. :confused: we went back and forth but I guess I folded first. Although they did offer to let us keep 1599 and theyd bump the original passengers. Honestly they booked well in advance so not sure I feel right about that, so they are going to call them and make them the offer to move.

If we move I think Im going to go with 2106, the balcony is large, its centrally located and should feel less motion (not sure if this will be an issue or not?). They will give us the $150 OBC and refund $240 off the fare. I think 1599 has a large overhang and 2106 has at least a little bit of sun. So wondering if I should take their offer and move over to 2106? 9378 is probably nice and seems to have a better veranda / view but seems to be more of a hike to get anywhere and not sure about the potential motion if we hit weather.

Bottom line is is they move you make sure you get BLu and Persian Gardens........

Chuck, there's a lot of "experts" on here that THINK that they're better negotiators than you, but they're not the ones negotiating with Celebrity. Personally, I think that you've already got a good offer from Celebrity......it's only a room that you'll sleep in and you still will have a wonderful cruise.

Well I caved, Im to tired today to keep haggling. I talked to a Supervisor in the resolutions department, he was very nice but Im sure couldve done more. But overall Im somewhat satisfied. We took the $150, $300 refund and 1 free specialty restaraunt and moved to 2106. Is it ideal? No! Could they have done more? Possibly. But its not unfair so I guess Ill move on and think about enjoying our cruise.

Archived