Royal/Regal Obstructed View Balconies on Emerald Deck

KruzPrincess

Hi, does anybody have images of e228 e229 or e230 on Royal? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

I actually happen to have one of E230 looking from inside the room through the balcony doors. E228 will be one cabin forward of this, so no lifeboat davit in front of that balcony.

E230

11270593264_788175a134_c.jpg

I actually happen to have one of E230 looking from inside the room through the balcony doors. E228 will be one cabin forward of this, so no lifeboat davit in front of that balcony.

E230

11270593264_788175a134_c.jpg

Great, many thanks for that.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Here are ten photos of E404 balcony and two photos of E406 balcony taken from adjacent 408 balcony. Balcony E405 is identical to E406 but on opposite side of ship.

Ray

I don't know if these pictures have been posted jet but they are taken from the inside of E 405.

Theo

E405csmall.jpg.adba62d7f7391fc25dd7e6409c80264d.jpg

E405small.jpg.0fe337f3f6ad14b1f3cef9c18d5447ce.jpg

E405smallb.jpg.12beceab71a669d2f66e64fc64f3db07.jpg

Hi,

We are booked on the seven-day Mediterranean cruise of the Regal Princess that departs from Venice on June 2, 2014. We originally booked stateroom M118 (category BZ obstructed balcony) but recently were upgraded to E508 (category DW obstructed deluxe balcony). I think the obstruction with M118 is a solid panel below the railing. However, the obstruction with E508 is a lifeboat or davit. Do you think this is an improvement? At least the new stateroom is larger and more conveniently located to the public rooms.

Chuck

The difference between both cats are a slightly larger cabin with a loveseat sleeper versus a little smaller with a chair at vanity.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. I agree with you. I called Princess today and was able to change to a category BE (C215 - standard balcony - unobstructed) for the same price. I think we will be much happier with this stateroom. Also, I asked them to mark this as "no upgrade."

Thanks,

Chuck

I have had upgrades that were worse than the lower category, I hate the new system with the multitude of categories.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from the Royal and had E701. It is a PERFECT cabin with no obstructed view at all even though it is technically an obstructed view cabin. The obstruction is that if you have the upper bunks down, you cannot get to the balcony. For 2 people this cabin is perfect! Close to the stairs and to a huge bank of elevators without a wait ever! You can walk down one level to the Vista lounge for the Platinum cocktail hour each night. You can also walk down to 7 to get to the front of the ship. We had traditional dining and would walk down 2 flights to dinner each evening. Go up the elevator to 16 and you are right at the superb Horizon court for great eats and the fastest internet on the ship! I would book this cabin again and again.

Edited by GweninTX

This is our second time on the Royal. This time it is a 10 day. Trying to save a little so booked rooms E436 and E440. Both say obstructed. Are there any pictures out there that would show the view we could expect?

Thanks

I'm looking at booking The Regal Princess for Aug in the Med, I took some footage of Royal last year when we were on Carnival Sunshine, hope this might help people with balcony questions.

Excellent video. Would you mind if I post a link to it on my website that deals with obstructed view cabins. I will gladly post a credit with it.

Theo

Excellent video. Would you mind if I post a link to it on my website that deals with obstructed view cabins. I will gladly post a credit with it.

Theo

That's fine, hope it can help many

I'm on Regal in Aug if there is any photos you might need for website I'll try and get for you. We have 4 inside on Aloha deck.

Edited by gailjen

We are booked in E710 on the Royal for 10 nights. Our TA didn't mention anything about an obstructed view, however I noticed on the Princess deck plan it is. Does anyone know how bad that one may be?

Thanks, Anne

We are booked in E710 on the Royal for 10 nights. Our TA didn't mention anything about an obstructed view, however I noticed on the Princess deck plan it is. Does anyone know how bad that one may be?

Thanks, Anne

E710 is fine, if you watch my video your cabin is 9 from the back(wrong side of ship) but is the same both sides. You do have a public area below.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the ONLY real obstructed view cabins on the Emerald Deck? If I book a BB on the Caribe or Baja decks, are all the views pretty unobstructed? Looking at Cabins C622 or B238 right now. Thanks!

Edited by tbag124

I pulled this from another thread. View of Emerald deck extended angled balconies midship under the Seawalk. We stayed in one of these E411, & As u can see, there is no obstruction on these cabins other than u cannot look straight down to the water.

Royal Princess

Berni

Are the ONLY real obstructed view cabins on the Emerald Deck? If I book a BB on the Caribe or Baja decks, are all the views pretty unobstructed? Looking at Cabins C622 or B238 right now. Thanks!
I didn't go back and read this entire thread but here's a website put together by CC member Renmar that should help you. It's a fantastic site and he's put a lot of time and effort into it.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

• 1 month later...