Royal/Regal Obstructed View Balconies on Emerald Deck

KruzPrincess

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I am booked in e310 on Regal Princess and I'm worried about the view, after seeing so many negative reviews. Anyone know how bad this view is and if it's worth it??

Thank you!:D

If you look at the second picture posted by dmwnc1959 just a few posts up-thread, you will see that it appears E310 is partially obstructed by at least one tender/lifeboat davit.

And, while there is not view from the balcony of your specific cabin on the website below, it would appear the view would be similar to E230 which is pictured:

Obstructed View Balconies on the Royal/Regal (scroll down a bit).

Fortunately, E230 only has 1 lifeboat davit in front of it. It's not entirely clear from dmwnc1959's photo whether your balcony would be directly obstructed by the davits holding two different lifeboats when looking straight out, but it would definitely obstruct the views fore and aft.

Sorry it wasn't better news, but hope that helps.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

If you look at the second picture posted by dmwnc1959 just a few posts up-thread, you will see that it appears E310 is partially obstructed by at least one tender/lifeboat davit.

And, while there is not view from the balcony of your specific cabin on the website below, it would appear the view would be similar to E230 which is pictured:

Fortunately, E230 only has 1 lifeboat davit in front of it. It's not entirely clear from dmwnc1959's photo whether your balcony would be directly obstructed by the davits holding two different lifeboats when looking straight out, but it would definitely obstruct the views fore and aft.

Sorry it wasn't better news, but hope that helps.

Thank you, 5:00_Somewhere ! That does help, I guess it's better than nothing, especially for a free upgrade!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any pictures of cabin E312??? Wondering on the obstruction.

It seems that my response above to TravelBug98's question would apply equally to your cabin, as it is only 2 cabins aftward from theirs.

To paraphrase my earlier post, if you look at the second picture posted by dmwnc1959 just a few posts up-thread, you will see that stateroom E312 (near the right hand edge of the photo) appears to be obstructed by a tender/lifeboat.

And, while there is not view from the balcony of your specific cabin on the website below, it would appear the view would be similar to E314 or E315 which are pictured:

Hope that helps.

It seems that my response above to TravelBug98's question would apply equally to your cabin, as it is only 2 cabins aftward from theirs.

To paraphrase my earlier post, if you look at the second picture posted by dmwnc1959 just a few posts up-thread, you will see that stateroom E312 (near the right hand edge of the photo) appears to be obstructed by a tender/lifeboat.

And, while there is not view from the balcony of your specific cabin on the website below, it would appear the view would be similar to E314 or E315 which are pictured:

Hope that helps.

Apologies: I just relized my link to the website with deck plans and photos of obstructed view balcony cabins did not "take" in my original post. Here it is again:

Web Page showing Obstructed View Balconies on the Royal/Regal (scroll down a bit for photos of cabins in the E300s range)

Has anyone stayed in Cabin E523 on board the Regal Princess and is it obstructed in anyway?

We were booked in the adjacent E525 on the Royal (same layout, I understand) for our cruise next week, but I noticed there were tenders on that side, which apparently come up higher than lifeboats. So they are considered partially obstructed.

We have switched over to the port side as we would rather overlook a lifeboat. I'll take photos and post them once we have returned.

LidoLiz

Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help me out. A am planning a cruise for 4 of us gals in just 4 short weeks on the Regal and while we were trying to book today, the prices jumped up on us. When we were finally able to hold our cabins, the only ones left close to our price range were the obstructed view. When I spoke with the Princess agent, she said that they didn't have life boats in front of them, they just had a white wall instead of plexiglass. From what I am reading on this thread, that is not the case. Can anyone please help me? We have held 2 cabins for 24 hours, but want to check to see if they will be completely covered by a life boat. We are held for cabin E631 and E 625.

There are still the following cabins left available in that category if you think any of these would be better. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

E311 E309 E526 E301 E302 E602 E609 E610

Caroline

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am looking to book E431 on the Regal and was wondering whether you heard any door slamming from people going in and out of he promenade deck below or was it noisy at times. Thanks!

E439 is also right by the panoramic lifts. Does anyone know whether traffic and noise will be an issue with passengers walking past the cabin?

We were in E433 on Regal. We experienced a peaceful, quiet cruise. :)

We were in E331 on the royal and had no problem looking out. The supports to the life boat didn't interfere with the view striaght out or looking aft. Forward was slightly obstructed

We were in E331 on the royal and had no problem looking out. The supports to the life boat didn't interfere with the view striaght out or looking aft. Forward was slightly obstructed

Do you have a picture looking out the balcony? I have the choice of E333 or E519 which is above Princess Live. Any opinions?

Ah, thanks: I understand. When we were on the Royal last year we spoke with several Princess personnel who told us that Princess was looking at converting the central crew staircase (mentioned by Pam above) to public use at some point in the future (likewise on the Regal), but that it would cost between $2M and $3M, so I have my doubts whether this will ever be deemed cost effective.

We have a midships balcony cabin booked for our upcoming cruise on the Regal, and I will be interested to see how much I miss that staircase. We take the stairs everywhere while aboard ship, but I suspect I will miss it most when we pop down to the IC every morning for coffee. I expect it to be a minor annoyance at worst. We noticed its absence on the Royal but, it was not a major issue for us on that cruise; although we did have an aft cabin at that time, so used the aft staircase for most vertical transits. We shall see.

We have had a cabin midship three times on the Royal and Regal and found no issues with lack of central staircase. If you are interested in getting that morning coffee at the IC, the elevators are not being used so it's a quick trip and that's what we did. All other times we either waited for an elevator, which didn't take as long as some would complain, or walk to either the forward or aft stairway which only takes 1 minute to do.

The officers we talked to on both ships stated that the studies done on usage of a central stairway revealed it wasn't used often enough to warrant the cost of providing one other than the utility stairway for crew and emergency muster occasions.

Enjoy your midship cabin.

We stayed in E702 on the Royal and have booked it again for an upcoming cruise. We found that this was a fantastic deal because it's category is balcony obstructed, but there really isn't any unless you think looking forward you might look over the top of the tender craft. Looking straight out and straight down there was no obstruction at all. Great view of the Promenade Deck and some great seating areas that weren't used that much.

• 3 months later...

In May we had E437 on the Royal.The balcony is slightly larger and on an angle. I didn't consider it obstructed as we could see directly out at the sea and watch passengers on the deck below. However, due to the wind and seas, that deck was frequently closed to passengers. Sometimes, late at night, I could hear the "ding" of the elevators.

We are booked in E433 on the Regal in December - central location, adjacent to E437, but this particular room appears to have a slightly larger balcony.

We usually book a mini, but for the price difference, and a glass of nasty sparkling wine, I couldn't justify the added cost. There has been ample space for storage and since we don't spend much time in the room, no need for a sofa.

Darcy

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone share their experience on E deck mid ship with the balcony cabins that are below the protruding glass walkway? On the port side, these are cabins 409 - 425. I booked one of these because there are no lifeboats below, but it does appear to have a deck area for walking on deck 7 below. Was this cabin a good choice? Obviously, the price was right so we selected it, but will it be worth the savings?

Can anyone share their experience on E deck mid ship with the balcony cabins that are below the protruding glass walkway? On the port side, these are cabins 409 - 425. I booked one of these because there are no lifeboats below, but it does appear to have a deck area for walking on deck 7 below. Was this cabin a good choice? Obviously, the price was right so we selected it, but will it be worth the savings?

:) We enjoyed cruising in Cabin E425 on the Regal last year from Venice to FLL. These cabins are one of the "hidden secrets" of the Regal and Royal. Absolutely no obstructions out to sea, no view from the sky walk into your balcony and a balcony that is much larger most all others. The upper level balconies under the sky walk are very visible to those looking down through the glass, but the balconies on the two lowest levels are totally hidden.

Here is a link to some photos of the E425 balcony and its views, plus view from the deck 7 below and views from the skywalk(that we took when on the Royal in 2013).

These obstructed view cabins are indeed a GOOD CHOICE that you will certainly enjoy and indeed a GREAT VALUE balcony cabin.