Royal/Regal Obstructed View Balconies on Emerald Deck

KruzPrincess

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to KruzPrincess for guiding me here to this thread. This link and the other links within have been very helpful. I was looking for pics of Royal room E504, to no avail. But from what I can tell my view IS going to be obstructed by a lifeboat and that's just unacceptable for my honeymoon. I did ask for the midship area because I tend to get motion sick very easily. But it does point I'm just going to have to deal with it....or pay more I guess

Thanks to KruzPrincess for guiding me here to this thread. This link and the other links within have been very helpful. I was looking for pics of Royal room E504, to no avail. But from what I can tell my view IS going to be obstructed by a lifeboat and that's just unacceptable for my honeymoon. I did ask for the midship area because I tend to get motion sick very easily. But it does point I'm just going to have to deal with it....or pay more I guess

Glad you found it. I know there may be some obstructed balconies with very little obstruction, especially if you're looking straight out. I had booked one in the E700's at one time which appeared to be quite nice, but only you can decide on what you will settle for on this special occasion. I took a ton of cabin pictures today and hope to post them when I get home in a couple weeks.

You could try to get E 226 or E 228 (or the same location on the starboard side E 227 & E 229) they are called obstructed but they are not except for a very small post outside E 228 (E 229). Those are the same category as E 504 so they should be the same price.

Have a look here https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Theo

The E409 to E425 are totally unobstructed midship balcony cabins at the lowest price. Sent earlier posting for link to photos. Would be perfect honeymoon location.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

There is a wonderful site that has obstructed cabin views for all the Princess ships:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

Click on Royal and REgal to get to the pages for those ships. Some cabins are not pictured waiting for folks like us to submit photos. We'll be in E432 on the Regal in December and I will submit a photo as that one is missing.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

Edited by Sunsailor

• 3 months later...

We were in E409 last month and it was great. The balcony is much larger than most, and because it's the first one to the inside of the semicircle, it's protected from the wind. It can't be seen into from the SkyWalk, and there were very few people outside on Promenade. The starboard side is behind the shops, whereas the port side is behind Crooners, so I think it's quieter on the starboard side. I noticed that the people outside on promenade never actually look up, so I never felt like I was being watched. We liked it so much, we've already reserved the same cabin for our next Regal voyage. I took this pic from the very edge of promenade looking up.

a3a31776c2479cbfb740b0ead3efc3ca.jpg

You can see the size of the balcony. The bow of the ship is to the right.

Here's an interior shot:

0f8f9b1a057119ff837ec1ff9d413de9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CanadianBurger

We were in E409 last month and it was great. The balcony is much larger than most, and because it's the first one to the inside of the semicircle, it's protected from the wind. It can't be seen into from the SkyWalk, and there were very few people outside on Promenade. The starboard side is behind the shops, whereas the port side is behind Crooners, so I think it's quieter on the starboard side. I noticed that the people outside on promenade never actually look up, so I never felt like I was being watched. We liked it so much, we've already reserved the same cabin for our next Regal voyage. I took this pic from the very edge of promenade looking up.

Here's an interior shot:

Thanks. That looks nice. I was on the Royal for 20 nights in October and I went out on the Promenade several days. Originally, when looking at the deck plans, I thought this would be a terrible location because of the Promenade. However, I learned that very few people actually go out there, so that cabin would be a nice location. I like the larger balcony.

dmwnc1959 ,

Thank you SO... much for your pics and info. I think it's not a bad choice to choose, E110, is that right? It's my first time to book balcony, I really don't want to be regret.

Katrynah we booked E314 and E312. If you find out anything else I would appreciate hearing about it.

• 4 months later...

Were there any issues with noise levels coming from the promenade deck when staying on Emerald Deck? Specifically in cabins 404-412 on either port or starboard sides?

Edited by CLT_Buckeye
more specific question

Here's an interior shot:

We were on a 14 Day Med cruise mid May and were in E411 next to your E409. We loved the location and the extra room on the balcony. We did UBD one night and had plenty of room. We would book this cabin again. Agree with you, no one seemed to look up while we were on the balcony and if they did, it was just a quick look and sometimes a wave.

We had a fantastic cruise and hope those sailing soon enjoy their cruise too!

• 3 months later...
Hallo to all,

we just looking into booking on Royal Princess Cabin E311 - obstructed view. How Obstructed? Any Foto's that I have an idea?:confused:

Here you go, look for yourself: https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/ while there's no picture specific for your cabin, you can see for the ones to either side - minimal obstruction when looking straight out.

Edited by reedprincess

• 5 months later...
We have E420 and E424 on the Regal in December. Has anyone stayed in either and can report on noise from below?

I've done E412, E410 and E408.... people talking on the Promenade deck, occasionally...nothing more than you'd get in a balcony. I never head noise from Crooners.

Pat