Royal/Regal Obstructed View Balconies on Emerald Deck

KruzPrincess

Is there smoking on the Promenade deck below room 406?

We asked the agent today @ Princess regarding that & she said she did not know. We did see a picture on CC of the Promenade deck that was below the 400 series cabins & did not see any ashtrays on any of the black tables that was there to use. Time will tell .........

Just found these pictures, some of the cabins are in the 400 series, look at the black tables, no ashtrays there that I can see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=24

Thanks to Dave for posting these pictures !!

Edited by islandatsea

We discovered that the Royal and Regal are not identical on the port side and starboard side, unlike every other Princess ship. There are pictures that have been gathered for the port side, but the view will not be the same on starboard.

Please, if you are sailing on either one of these ships and can take some pictures of the starboard side obstructed balconies, many of us would REALLY appreciate it:)

Theo will add them to his wonderful site.

Thanks.

Edited by sasha'smom

We discovered that the Royal and Regal are not identical on the port side and starboard side' date=' unlike every other Princess ship. There are pictures that have been gathered for the port side, but the view will not be the same on starboard.

Please, if you are sailing on either one of these ships and can take some pictures of the starboard side obstructed balconies, many of us would REALLY appreciate it:)

Theo will add them to his wonderful site.

Thanks.[/quote']

I took a few pictures when I was onboard. If some one has a specific I can look thru my photos.

Renmar has a site, the link is below for obstructed balconies. Until recently it was assumed the port side is,the same as the starboard, however it has been noticed from the deck plans a difference in the amount of lifeboats on each side, causing the views to be different. Any pictures you may have, especially of the starboard side obstructed balconies would be so helpful for this site.

Of course, if you have pictures of the port side that are not already on his site, I'm sure he would appreciate that as well :).

Thank you for your willingness to share your pictures.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalr...home/8-emerald

Edited by sasha'smom

Thanks to everyone's helpful info on this thread. We decided to book E409 on the Regal for our upcoming cruise in Feb. based on everyone's assurances. We have only ever stayed in a mini-suite (on the Grand Class ships) but with the smaller balconies on the Royal/Regal, I thought the price savings was worth a little less square footage, and the balcony for this cabin looks fairly nice-sized. I think I will be the mid-stairs though. Oh well, a little extra walking will be good for me, right? Hopefully, we'll enjoy the newer ship and its amenities.

Sorry, didn't know link wasn't working for obstructed view site. Let's try it again. Bottom of left column click on Royal/Regal.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

I haven't heard they've opened the staircase to passengers on the Regal. Has that been confirmed by someone on the ship?

Edited by sasha'smom

The balconies are very small on these ships. I was glad to hear the Regal decided to put the center stairs in because the Royal does not have them, yet!

... did I miss something? I've scoured the Board and done another Google search, but all I see is references to the Regal not having a central staircase. Honestly not trying to be a nitpicker, but genuinely want to know if there's new info. Thanks.

... did I miss something? I've scoured the Board and done another Google search, but all I see is references to the Regal not having a central staircase. Honestly not trying to be a nitpicker, but genuinely want to know if there's new info. Thanks.

I was told by a CSR from Princess that they have stairs... but I can tell you from the conversations and from the layout of the ship that the information they gave me was wrong..Sorry... I had heard that they are planning on putting them back into the Royal, but I am guessing this wont happen until she is ready to be refurbished which will be another 4 years..

It is in my opinion, one of the worst mistakes, that they made taking out the center stair case. Putting the Pool in the front of the ship was another and getting rid of the Bar on top of the ship was just plain wrong... no longer do you have the 360 view.

The Regal and Royal have central stairs. However, they're not finished and are for crew only or in case of an emergency.

IMHO, it's not a big deal, just as it's not a big deal on the Grand which also doesn't have a central staircase. There's no rush when you're on a ship. :)

As for Skywalkers, while I enjoy it on the ships with one, it's woefully underused and a waste of space. Not to mention that it's probably a wind drag and costing the ship $$$. The Adagio Lounge on some ships is much nicer.

I was told by a CSR from Princess that they have stairs... but I can tell you from the conversations and from the layout of the ship that the information they gave me was wrong..Sorry... I had heard that they are planning on putting them back into the Royal, but I am guessing this wont happen until she is ready to be refurbished which will be another 4 years..

It is in my opinion, one of the worst mistakes, that they made taking out the center stair case. Putting the Pool in the front of the ship was another and getting rid of the Bar on top of the ship was just plain wrong... no longer do you have the 360 view.

Ah, thanks: I understand. When we were on the Royal last year we spoke with several Princess personnel who told us that Princess was looking at converting the central crew staircase (mentioned by Pam above) to public use at some point in the future (likewise on the Regal), but that it would cost between $2M and $3M, so I have my doubts whether this will ever be deemed cost effective.

We have a midships balcony cabin booked for our upcoming cruise on the Regal, and I will be interested to see how much I miss that staircase. We take the stairs everywhere while aboard ship, but I suspect I will miss it most when we pop down to the IC every morning for coffee. I expect it to be a minor annoyance at worst. We noticed its absence on the Royal but, it was not a major issue for us on that cruise; although we did have an aft cabin at that time, so used the aft staircase for most vertical transits. We shall see.

• 3 weeks later...
Your only obstruction would be the "angle" of your balcony! there is no lifeboat in front of e428!

Here is a photo of e438!

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/518/IMG_3107_-1.jpg

Hey Iceman2,

Thanks for the info about e438. I am thinking about booking this cabin. Did you have any noise issues?

Hope I did this right...first Cruise Critic Question.

Siked2Sail

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if Regal/Royal cabin E114 is obstructed looking to the side? It is 2 cabins down from E110, which sticks out. Thanks in advance.

Maybe these will help?

The last two pictures in this post...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38950278&postcount=1121

And these...

From E208 looking forward at E130 (sticking out) and E110 (with large white partition)

11270591385_e65a413605_c.jpg

Port side

14903884111_2dc23b37b7_b.jpg

9164514723_07cdb6897b_c.jpg

:D

Maybe these will help?

The last two pictures in this post...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38950278&postcount=1121

And these...

From E208 looking forward at E130 (sticking out) and E110 (with large white partition)

11270591385_e65a413605_c.jpg

Port side

14903884111_2dc23b37b7_b.jpg

9164514723_07cdb6897b_c.jpg

:D

Thank you so much for posting these pics!

You definitely wouldn't have a front looking view, with the large white petition 2 cabins away.