MS Westerdam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Aways 3/17/13

aliaschief

It appears that the only folks left in Canada are the ones on this thread. I don't remember reading in the paper that we have been invaded by Canadians!:D

Oh, yes, you have been invaded by Canadians and we have not been quiet which is our usual MO. We shouted long and loud to get the International license law repealed. Somebody was asleep at the switch when it was first passed by Florida.

Rest easy though, Chief, most of us will be heading home on April 1st - and that is not an April Fool's joke.;)

Copper, Do they ever run out of Pilots and have to wait for them to return from the other ships?

Port Everglades has a lot of pilots and pilot boats but the first ones do, at times, go back and do double duty on the last one. In carib ports, that's common practise with some only having one pilot boat. Wedsterdam's captain was asking about stores and cargo left to load about 35 ago and was told "59 pallets". That can take a bit loading them one at a time per forklift

Oh, yes, you have been invaded by Canadians and we have not been quiet which is our usual MO. We shouted long and loud to get the International license law repealed. Somebody was asleep at the switch when it was first passed by Florida.

Rest easy though, Chief, most of us will be heading home on April 1st - and that is not an April Fool's joke.;)

We Floridians thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the money you leave behind for our local economy.:D

and some will be coming in May:)

I just checked the Port Schedule. It states the MS Westerdam is not scheduled to sail until 6:25 Eastern (DST):(

Where did you see this sail time?

When I look at the Port Schedule, the departure time is still listed as 1630.

I've been lurking but not posting but I couldn't resist. I'm not eating or snacking - I'm working on report cards with the report card window open beside the webcam one on my iMac! Multitasking - for teachers it's the name of the game!

Karen:)

Archived