Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

I must have missed the Queen Elizabeth being awarded "RMS". I have always been told that even QM2 doesn't really carry more than a few token letters a year to keep her "RMS". Do you know when this started? Did they announce it on board during your crossing?

Thanks for the update, most interesting: well, who'd have guessed! Thank you.

Best wishes.

You left out that I was sailing for Easter Transatlantic

in the quote. I was not discussing RMS in my post. You are making it an issue

I must have missed the Queen Elizabeth being awarded "RMS". I have always been told that even QM2 doesn't really carry more than a few token letters a year to keep her "RMS". Do you know when this started? Did they announce it on board during your crossing?

Best wishes.

Is this because of the Poste box located on deck 2? I would have loved to drop a post card in, addressed to myself, just to have a QM2 postmark.

However, as I recall "RMS" is the abbreviation for the "Royal Mail Service", having nothing to do with it's own post box.

There was nothing that I heard announced about the RMS while we were aboard last week.

Rick

You left out that I was sailing for Easter Transatlantic

in the quote. I was not discussing RMS in my post. You are making it an issue

I also was wondering about the RMS being attached to the QE in your post, turquoise6, as I've never read that it was a Royal Mail Ship. What I've read is that of the 3 modern day Cunard Queens, only QM2 was conferred "RMS" status.

Originally Posted by pepperrn viewpost.gif

Best wishes.

Pepper, I was also on the March 30th crossing of the QE, and I never heard it announced on that crossing that the QE was conferred with RMS status.

BTW...a lovely crossing!

best regards and happy sailing to all,

seasidegal

Is this because of the Poste box located on deck 2? I would have loved to drop a post card in, addressed to myself, just to have a QM2 postmark.

However, as I recall "RMS" is the abbreviation for the "Royal Mail Service", having nothing to do with it's own post box.

There was nothing that I heard announced about the RMS while we were aboard last week.

Rick

Yes ,you are correct . When I dropped off mail and post cards in the Mail box off the Pursers office,on the Transatlantic crossing, the cards

postage was marked, RMS over the stamp. Therefore the Queen Elizabeth on the crossing was RMS Queen Elizabeth. Queen Elizabeth is a signature ship,but has be refitted to handle the transatlantic.

I also was wondering about the RMS being attached to the QE in your post, turquoise6, as I've never read that it was a Royal Mail Ship. What I've read is that of the 3 modern day Cunard Queens, only QM2 was conferred "RMS" status.

Pepper, I was also on the March 30th crossing of the QE, and I never heard it announced on that crossing that the QE was conferred with RMS status.

BTW...a lovely crossing!

seasidegal

NO NO NO you will never here of any announced news as of the status of a RMS,LOL:D maybe in your dreams LOL

Best wishes.

Postage mailed on board the RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH is marked RMS,Royal mail Service.

Pepper,I assume from your protest and your knowledge of The RMS Mail service ,that you are an employee of the RMS? I certainly didn't mean to offend you, by naming RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH.:)

Just think, and REMEMBER* we are here to Celebrate Ocean Travel On the

the Magnificent Cunard Ships!!!!! :)

BTW...a lovely crossing!

seasidegal

Yes ,best regards to you & happy sailing

Hi Cats2010,

I was on that QM2 December 2012 west-bound crossing, had the most wonderful time, quite lumpy in places :eek: , a great experience :) .

Then in January 2013 QM2 crossed east-bound, leaving New York on the 3rd, arriving Southampton on the 10th.

All best wishes,

very rough seas in winter and yet the Qm2 does less transatlantic in summer than winter?

very rough seas in winter and yet the Qm2 does less transatlantic in summer than winter?

I would ask this question:

If she could fill all her accommodation then would she offer an all year transatlantic service?

I think she's always going to do a World Cruise from early January till end of April every year.

2014 yes, 2015 - maybe, but not likely. Get hip, it's the new Dingle & Tempest era - which should last about two years :D

Just wondering why you only hang out on the cunard boards when it seems you really don't like them all that much.

So, according to your definition, a ship can only be called an ocean liner when it travels Southampton - New York? There are a few more oceans than just the Atlantic and a few more countries than just USA and UK.

Maybe next time they'll consult you when they prepare their schedules.

Keep on wondering,keep on hanging out,you don't like it that much:eek:

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

I like that fact that from "DOWN UNDER" we can communicate

WELL DONE :D

Keep on wondering,keep on hanging out,you don't like it that much:eek:

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

I like that fact that from "DOWN UNDER" we can communicate

WELL DONE :D

Turquoise. You're silly. :)

:eek:Just to clarifly: I meant that the nicest way (I think Turquoise knows that, but just in case others didn't).

Salacia, I think that by now we all know that absolutely everything you say is meant in the nicest possible way.

Salacia, I think that by now we all know that absolutely everything you say is meant in the nicest possible way.

That's very kind of you Louise D, but then you are always so very kind and free of sarcasm!

Edited to add: And so very subtle in your remarks - must have taken years to develope that skill:D! Cheers! -S

Edited by Salacia

That's very kind of you Louise D, but then you are always so very kind and free of sarcasm!

Edited to add: And so very subtle in your remarks - must have taken years to develope that skill:D! Cheers! -S

Thanks Salacia,

However, I defer to your unparalleled abilities in consistently and sincerely maintaining the moral tone of rectitude, caring and compassion which you have brought to this Board in your 5000+ posts in the last three years. ;)

Louise

Thanks Salacia,

However, I defer to your unparalleled abilities in consistently and sincerely maintaining the moral tone of rectitude, caring and compassion which you have brought to this Board in your 5000+ posts in the last three years. ;)

Louise

Louise D, gee, you're keeping count of posts :eek: Well, I guess everyone needs a hobby :D But thanks again (I guess:confused:) -S/

Louise D, gee, you're keeping count of posts :eek: Well, I guess everyone needs a hobby :D But thanks again (I guess:confused:) -S/

No one needs to keep count of posts. Everyone has the number of posts they've submitted displayed on the right hand side under their join date.

Edited by Whitemarsh

Were all ocean going liners as luxurious as the flag ship vessels of countries that operated them or were some perhaps similar to tramp steamers that plied the World's oceans operating in all weathers?

Can we all accept that the Queen Mary 2 had a 'blip' that caused a total loss of power for just a feww minutes and then she got back underway. No dramna, no headline grabbing incidents, just a short stop and on with the show.

Were all ocean going liners as luxurious as the flag ship vessels of countries that operated them or were some perhaps similar to tramp steamers that plied the World's oceans operating in all weathers?

Can we all accept that the Queen Mary 2 had a 'blip' that caused a total loss of power for just a feww minutes and then she got back underway. No dramna, no headline grabbing incidents, just a short stop and on with the show.

Hi, This electrical problem is on going as you know. The Qm2 is now in her TA season. If it happens , loss of power , it's safer

In mid ocean but still a dangerous sitituation.

Do you know where the QM2 is?:)

Do you know where the QM2 is?:)
:D:D

All times UTC

12:28am passing Buetzfleth

12:36am -- -- Stadersand

01:16am -- -- Wedel

01:51am arrive Hamburg

Apart from that I have no idea ;) (humour)

I do hope we donot enter any port at that hour of the day as I am looking forward to entering and leaving every location we sail to :)

I have no idea what problems this ship had but when you have this modern type of system that generates electrical power to propel the ship, are they more exposed to loosing their main drive? (definitely a question and NOT a statement)