Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Cabin number.. 4012 Oceanview

Ship ..Journey

Month/ year sailed ..November 2014

Balcony Size ..None. Smaller square window than picture window, but larger than porthole.

Choose Again?.. No

Any Noise?.. Yes. Had noise every morning as we were porting. Noise from both thrusters, and anchor were loud enough to wake us up. Occasionally heard noise from above and the connecting room beside us.

Bed location?...Left side

Cabin Location?... forward, not too far from elevators/lift, easy to get to entertainment areas, dining in aft was still not a far walk though. Easy to get on and off ship as the gagnway was usually just one flight of stairs/elevator up or down.

Other?...Had an armchair instead of couch, was a connecting room. Also smelled strong odor of sewage a few times and regularly smelled cigarette smoke.

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Number 6033

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed January 2014

Would you choose this room again Y/N Y

Is noise an issue Y/N N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller slightly obstructed view - no balcony

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much) I'll be in this cabin again in February 2015

Cabin Number 4027 - Cat 05 Oceanview

Ship - Quest

Month/Year sailed - November 2014

Would you choose this room again - Y

Is noise an issue - N, but see comments

Balcony size - N/A

Any other comments - This was a very quiet cabin. Much quieter than the balcony cabins on deck 7 that I've had. Be aware that the cabin is directly above the tender station two decks below and if your cruise has tender ports you will hear noise from above when the tenders are lowered and below at busy times of tender activity. However I really didn't find it an issue and would stay here again. It's an excellent location too.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Cabin Number 6088 - CW Owner's Suite

Ship - Quest

Month/Year sailed - November 2014

Is noise an issue - N

Balcony size - Large. Table, five chairs, footstool, two small side tables, two loungers.

Any other comments - Really enjoyed this cabin. We were sailing at high speed for quite a lot of the cruise because of the route through pirate country and the cabin vibrated a lot. It was much better at lower speeds. However this wouldn't put me off booking this location again.

Phil

Cabin Number 8043- Club Continent Suite N1, starboard, midship

Ship - Journey

Month/Year sailed - November-December 2014

Is noise an issue - N

Balcony size - Large. Table, three chairs

Any other comments - Only minor noise was repositionng deck chairs after an event or when cleaning. Never interrupted sleep. We've booked it for our Norway cruise on Journey in 2017.

Cabin #6039 (Cat 08)

Ship: Quest

Date: March 2011

Would you choose cabin again: Yes

Is Noise an Issue: No

Balcony Size; N/A (Obstructed Oceanview)

Comment - mid-ship, stable, quiet.

Cabin #7115 (Cat 1C)

Ship: Quest

Date: March 2012

Balcony Size; Normal

Near stern, blissfully quiet. Comfy bed! :-)

Cabin #6084 (Cat V3)

Ship: Journey

Date: March 2013

Balcony Size; Normal

Near stern. Very bumpy voyage from Beijing, but cabin was fine and stable even though it was so close to the stern.

Edited by TSmith48

Apologies, work commitments kept me away from updating the spreadsheet until now. Thanks to everyone for your contributions, been able to use them to check on cabins for ourselves today, :D

Thanks keeping the list Ann. It's a very useful resource.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

• 2 weeks later...

A week ago, we disembarked the Quest after two wonderful weeks on board. A previously posted review of our cabin (6048) states as follows:

"A slight creaking the first few nights noticed, possibly coming from the lifeboat to the right of the cabin."

We had exactly the same experience! We were not able to figure out where the creaking originated, and it disappeared after several days. Interestingly, the creaking did not come back even when we encountered rough seas on our way to Manila and then on our way to Hong Kong.

The slight creaking did not interfere with our sleep or enjoyment with the cabin. This is the first balcony after the Cat 08 obstructed view cabins (and the tenders/lifeboats). In our itinerary, the Quest docked on the port side in all but one port, so we could see the crew set up the ladder from our balcony while having breakfast. We also had "premium seats" for the disembarkation shows put on by the local authorities in Kota Kinabalu, Manila and Hong Kong. On our last stop in Hong Kong, our cabin faced the sky scrapers and the light show. It was wonderful. Ships at the Ocean Terminal can dock on the port or starboard sides, so it's luck of the draw.

In sum, 6048 is an excellent mid-ship cabin. No noise from other decks.

• 2 weeks later...
In the spirit of moving forward, I would like to offer to help with some information on this board and maybe if it works, Andy would be happy to make a sticky out of the thread

On the Celebrity board, there is a very useful spreadsheet kept up to date by one of the cruisers where others can search for information on a cabin. Here on Azamara, we have to try and search and trawl for information and I am offering to create and maintain with say forthnightly updates a similar spreadsheet.

For it to work, everyone has to post information in a consistent way and also only use the thread to post information, not to engage in debate (pop over to the Celebrity board if you want to see more on how it works)

For Azamara, I would suggest the information should be

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

How do others feel about this - if you think we do not need it here, please say, I will not be offended!!!!

Great Idea! Where do I find the info?

Has anybody had any problems with these cabins.

Where is the refuelling bunker on the journey. I hate the smell.

Does anybody know what the blank space is to the right side of the laundry room on deck 7 on the Azamara Journey.

Are there any differences between portside or starboard balcony for eastern med cruise?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number: 6090

Ship: Journey

Month/Year sailed: Jan/Feb 2015

Would you choose this room again Y/N: Yes

Is noise an issue Y/N: No, always a little noise when docking only

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller: Larger

comments: I was on a South America sailing so the first few days it was quite warm in the stateroom but after I complained there was a definite improvement and it was quite cool for the remainder of the cruise. Minor privacy issue from stateroom 6088 only if they were near the corner of their balcony they could see into mine. Otherwise this was a lovely stateroom and I don't understand the complaints some listed about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Number: 7044

Ship: Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed: November 2014

Would you choose this room again: Yes, absolutely, great placement.

Is noise an issue: Not at all (read comments)

Balcony size: normal

Any other comments: some previous cabins reviews have stated noise from pantry/hosekeeping room in this area. We had no problems with this at all. Great being only 2 floors up or down to the main public areas, more likely to use the stairs! Same level as the laundry was handy too.

Karyn

Cabin Number 7119 - CW Owner's Suite

Ship - Quest

Month/Year sailed - February 2015

Is noise an issue - N

Balcony size - Large. Table, five chairs, footstool, two small side tables, two loungers.

Any other comments - slightly less deep balcony than deck 6.

• 4 weeks later...

Cabin number 8050

Ship; Quest

Date: March 2015

Would you choose this room again: Absolutely not

Is noise an issue: Most definitely. Every morning banging of chairs and table over head. Wind noise and passenger noise under the door required a rolled up towel to reduce.

Balcony size: suite so longer but not wider than normal. No benefit.

Other comments: Avoid this suite. Much better with just a standard balcony cabin on deck 7 - cheaper too.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin Number 8001

Ship - Quest

Month/Year sailed - March 2015

Would you choose this room again - No

Is noise an issue - Yes

Balcony size - Normal

Any other comments - noise at 6am every morning from gym and jogging track. The first cabin we have ever had where noise has been an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

We disembarked in Rome yesterday having been in cabin 6041.

It is small but we found it had adequate storage space.

This cabin is described as restricted view and it certainly lived up to the description as it is behind one of the lifeboats.

As we were at anchor in most ports our view was occasionally not restricted at all as "our" lifeboat was used as a tender. The bathroom was very small and I joked that I had to enter the cabin to towel my back. The room was obviously much darker when the lifeboat was in position but the price was compensation for this minor drawback. I am not sure I would select this cabin if there lots of sea days but the Quest has numerous areas to relax in.

• 1 month later...
After reading 16 pages and not seeing anything about rooms 7000 or 7001 on Journey. Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms. Front facing, windy? Etc. thanks

Hiya, I wanted to see the reviews for the cabin we are in on the quest, so I just the name of the ship and cabin number in my search engine and got results.