Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

For some unknown but wonderful reason, we were upgraded to this 2 room Club World Owner Suite (from an N1 Club Continent Suite) located on the starboard aft corner of deck 8. We were certainly spoiled by having the extra room so early-riser DW did not disturb DW's sleep! Same for the extra guest powder room. The extra closets and over-sized main bath with Jacuzzi tub were nice additions, but not necessary. We certainly liked the double veranda with large table and 2 loungers. We also received an invite to Captain Carl's wonderful dinner with Hotel Director, Staff Captain, Chief Engineer, and other Owner and Ocean Suite guests. All that said, would we pay the high premium for all this? Probably not unless we win the lottery! If you are tempted, be advised that this suite does have some issues. At higher cruising speeds (15-18 kts), especially in moderate seas, there is very noticeable vibration and shudder in the suite. You will also experience much more motion in this cabin than in a lower, or more mid ship, cabin. And we did get a little soot on the veranda in some wind conditions. We are not very bothered by motion, so these issues would not preclude our using this cabin again.

Summary for Spreadsheet:

Cabin 8091

Quest, March 2014

Choose again: Yes, if offered

Balcony size: Oversize with 2 loungers and table with 4 chairs

Noise: Some from ship vibration. Very little from Sunset Lounge above.

Other: At higher cruising speeds (15-18 kts), especially in moderate seas, there is very noticeable vibration and shudder in the cabin. You will also experience much more motion in this cabin than in a lower, or more mid ship, cabin. And we did get a little soot on the veranda in some wind conditions. We are not very bothered by motion, so these issues would not preclude our using this cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...

Am on The Quest 22/04 Med Cruise, this is my first ever cruise and am really looking fwd to the Azamara experience. Our only concern is we are allocated stateroom 7081 (opposite Laundry)! A little concerned about noise/heat, anyone got any experience of staying close to the laundry on the Quest? Thanks:)

Am on The Quest 22/04 Med Cruise, this is my first ever cruise and am really looking fwd to the Azamara experience. Our only concern is we are allocated stateroom 7081 (opposite Laundry)! A little concerned about noise/heat, anyone got any experience of staying close to the laundry on the Quest? Thanks:)

We had 7080 last March (see spreadsheet) and had no issue with noise. I haven't checked the deck plan so can't say whether 7081 is nearer to the laundry.

We had 7080 last March (see spreadsheet) and had no issue with noise. I haven't checked the deck plan so can't say whether 7081 is nearer to the laundry.

It looks like 7081 is right across from the laundry...7080 is down maybe one cabin???? A little hard to tell looking at a small picture.

I keep watching for 7034 but haven't seen it show up yet.

Wacktle,

Thanks for the info, hopefully all will be good.

It looks like 7081 is right across from the laundry...7080 is down maybe one cabin???? A little hard to tell looking at a small picture.

I keep watching for 7034 but haven't seen it show up yet.

Midwestchick,

Thanks for the info, hope 7034 comes up soon.

I would find your cabin spreadsheet very useful. I have just booked - first cruise - and been allocated cabin 8002. Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

I was concerned about the large blanked-out area on Deck 8 right by my cabin. I presume these are service areas/crew quarters?? Would this intrude on my

peace and quiet in any way??

Any information gratefully received.

advance thanks

LondonLinda

LondonLinda,

We were in 8002 earlier this year and love this position on the ship. It is really quiet, only an occasional officer going past. Not too far from the stairs and lift. We have booked 8000 for our next cruise. Hope this helps

Aussie Bren.

UKtog, thank you so much for your hard work in putting this all together, it's extremely useful.

I just found out on Friday night that our cabin on the Journey next year mysteriously changed from 7085, confirmed when we paid our deposit in August, to 7089. I can't contact our agent until Monday but am not pleased at all because the new cabin is right by the elevators and I'm a very light sleeper. I would never pick a location by the elevators.

Other posters have reviewed cabins around that area and say noise isn't an issue but I'm going to try hard to get moved.

The exception is one poster who said that 7091 and 7093 had loud humming noises; those are right next to our newly assigned cabin 7089. There is a white 'space' on the deck plan between 7089 and 7091, does anyone know what that is, and if it would maybe deaden the humming noise?

7089 was absolutely silent for me and I'm a light sleeper. The 'white space' is a bulkhead which doesn't hurt but wasn't necessary. Never heard humming or anything else!

7065 was also agreeably quiet but not as silent as 7089 since I did occasionally hear impact noises from above.

7004 was quiet and sybaritic but the veranda was windy while underway due to the forward location. I didn't mind!

8059 was a disaster with respect to the off-hours staging area for the galley overhead. Staff work meant tremendous noise after midnight and before 6am.

Thanks to the OP for the thread.

My apologies for the delay in updating this spreadsheet.

There was the Journey trip that morphed into a Celebrity cruise when Journey went sick in Japan

Then there was the extended business stay in China (nor something I would recommend)

And finally as I was about to sort this out, the death of a laptop motherboard

Just as well I had everything backed up - - - -no wonder though I have been referring to this sheet myself as I really need an Azamara cruise asap :)

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 160414.pdf

Cabin No.: 6048

Ship: Quest

Month/Year sailed: March/April 2014

Would you choose this room again? Yes - booked balcony guarantee and were very pleased.

Is noise an issue: A slight creaking the first few nights noticed, possibly coming from the lifeboat to the right of the cabin.

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: Very good position. Convenient for lifts, staircase and Mosaic.

Many thanks from me to UKTog for this thread.

I have just noticed something, should have looked on here before!

Cabin 8010 is listed as only having a seat not a sofa, we are in 8012 next week and it never occured to me to check. It's too late to do anything now, but I have problems sleeping and the sofa is my best friend during the night.

Anyone know if 8012 will be just a chair too?

Many thanks

Yvonne

You have nothing to worry about re the laundry. The door to the laundry faces the even numbered cabins - and you're on the other side of the ship. The cabins that get the noise etc. are 7076 and 7078. Bon Voyage!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Quest - April 2014 Med

8012 - Standard Balcony - condition good

No Noise apart from the last night - could only think it was the back-up engine it sounded like dragging chains and clunking very loud.

Great cabin would pick again

Stewards excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number 8070 (Club Continent Suite)

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed April 2014

Choose again Yes

Balcony size Normal

Any noise? Some noise from cafe above with chair scraping, but not too intrusive

Other comments This is the last cabin aft on the port side. The balcony has slight metal obstruction as you look out because of the hull shape. I liked this feature. It gave privacy (solid wall partition) and shade from a hot sun.

Phil

Cabin number 8035 (V1)

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed May 2014

Choose again Yes

Balcony size Normal

Any noise? None aside from night of White Night when there is some chair scraping noise, but that was it.

Other comments This cabin is pretty much dead midship. I was worried I might hear noise from the deck above, but I didn't. Poster ellbon said that she heard joggers from the running track two decks up in the early morning from her midship suite. I didn't believe her. She is right! You can hear the thump overhead that travels down the two decks, but it's not awful and didn't really bother me. Being further forward or back may make this sound transfer through the metal of the ship less noticeable. It wouldn't stop me staying here again.

Phil

That's good to know Brenda as we are in that cabin in December.

6052 was excellent too.

Joyce

Am sure you'll like it Joyce!

In fact we have just booked the Quest for 06 April next year and have 7087 which is closer to the elevator. Bit concerned but it seems to be the best available.

If anyone has a comment about Quest 7087, I'd appreciate it, before I pay the deposit tomorrow!

Cabin number 6086 (V3)

Ship Quest

Choose again No

Balcony size Normal

Any noise? Some noise when anchoring and very occasional noise from window washing equipment which is fixed nearby, but otherwise very quiet.

Other comments This is the last cabin on the port side before the aft-facing ones. The balcony has a sloping metal obstruction. However it provided shelter when windy or wet, and a useful area for drying wet clothes. If hot, it would provide a shady seat. We were allocated this as part of a deal, and so were happy. However we would not choose it.

Cabin number 7068 (inside)

Ship Journey

Choose again Yes

Balcony size N/A

Any noise? None.

Other comments We booked this cabin for our daughter and it was the first time any of us had any experience with an inside cabin as we always book balconies. To our delight the cabin was lovely, like a little jewel box of a place. Our daughter said the bed was the most comfortable she'd ever slept on during a cruise. Her cabin attendant was excellent. We worried about 7068's proximity to the laundry room but it was a non-issue and the cabin was quiet. The only thing to be aware of is that the housekeeping cart with towels and cabin amenities is parked quite frequently outside the cabin door (more often than not).

Cabin number 7017 (V3)

Ship Journey

Choose again Yes

Balcony size normal

Any noise? None.

Other comments. Bed and bed are on right side wall. The balcony baseboard is higher than those found in the aft of the ship and having had both, it made little difference. Just a different look. Width and depth of balcony are the same though.

Cabin number 4035 (inside)

Ship Journey

Choose again Yes

Balcony size N/A

Any noise? A small amount of vibration noise when the ship was anchored/docked. Zero noise at night.

Other comments: We booked a guaranteed inside room last minute and were prepared for a tight fit, but we were pleasantly surprised to discover our room was wheelchair accessible so there was lots of room. The bathroom was pretty large, and the shower area was very roomy (bigger than my shower at home). We had one chair instead of a couch.