Not again?

BAE systems in Mobile is going to have some explaining to do to Carnival.

I assume BAE would be responsible for this because the ship was in their care. Is that correct?

...we will be waiting for the statements from the lawyers now. Maybe they should have an exercisim with a priest......:eek:

...we will be waiting for the statements from the lawyers now. Maybe they should have an exercisim with a priest......:eek:

If BAE has a contract anything like Carnivals cruise contacts then all Carnival might expect is 10% off a future repair as a good will gesture.

Wow, what is it with ships breaking their moorings this week? A tanker ship broke from its moorings in Portsmouth, NH earlier this week and hit a bridge. The bridge is now closed for 2 to 4 weeks because of all the damage.

Quite the dent on the Triumph though. Hope they find the worker soon.

According to news reports, high winds broke the ship free and that two dock workers were blow into the water along with their security shack. They weren't on the ship. Only one has been reported as found. Winds were recorded at 71 MPH. The ship crossed the Mobile River and struck another ship causing damage to deck 5.

I agree...that ship needs and exorcism !!! lolol

If the Triumph didn't have bad luck, it would have no luck at all.

Headline at Gawker could win headline of the year.

A funny quote from the article ..... Triumph on the hunt for more victims.

Poor Carnival PR department----probably afraid to answer there phones by now.

If it's the same storm system that came through Austin yesterday afternoon during rush hour, it was pretty violent and caused some havoc here also. My car got hailed on on the way home, a guy was struck by lightning in south Austin, and traffic was stopped all over town. I couldn't see 2 cars in front of me, so I pulled off into a parking lot and waited until the hail and high winds stopped. I can see where a huge ship, Carnival or other, might break loose from a dock in such weather.

I'm sorry but this ship just seems doomed. Maybe they could just sink it or burn it. I can't believe anyone would want to go back on it. It seems like anything bad that can happen keeps happening to this ship!

It's definitely a sign...

Yikes! :eek:

My old man is a television repair man. He has a wicked set of tools. I can fix it. (Jeff Spicolli - Fast Times at Ridgemount High)

If BAE has a contract anything like Carnivals cruise contacts then all Carnival might expect is 10% off a future repair as a good will gesture.

OK, these two qualify for my laugh of the day. Good job.

Hopefully they find the missing worker, but it doesn't sound good.

I have to wonder, who in their right mind would book a cruise on this ship? It's been all over the media so people know the name. I think Carnival might want to retire the name and give her a complete rehab similar to what Destiny/Sunshine is getting.

I'm no engineer here, but that sure does look pretty significant!? I'd have to guess the June deadline of being in service is at risk now. :confused:

I don't think so, the damage doesn't seem to be so major so as to delay the projected deadline.

Archived