Excursions on MEDITERRANEAN Tapestry Cruise

garf1108

... I just wanted to inquire which ecursins are worthwhile?

That depends a lot on what you like to do. Pick out some excursions that sound interesting to you and we'll tell you what we think of those. For example, we thought the Gaudi's Barcelona excursion was great, but that may not appeal to you at all. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Hi

1st time post.

WE will be going on the 12 day Mediterranean Tapestry Cruise from Barcelona to Venice in June and I just wanted to inquire which ecursins are worthwhile?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You should also go to the Roll Call / holland America forum and find your roll call. What ship are you on?

I agree with all the above. We can't tell you what is worthwhile, as we don't know anything about you, your interests, your limitations, your budget.

So, as a solution, some research on the Europe Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

is a good way to start. As mentioned, join your Roll call, see what people are doing. Lastly, look at the excursions HAL is offering. You don't have to use the ship's excursions- you can, but don't have to. However, reading them will see some of the key points of interest in each port, to help with your research.

Then, some more specific questions will be much easier for us to help you with.

The above suggestions are good but in addition, invest in a copy of Rick Steves book for cruises, Med. ports. Besides what to see, he gives practical logistics on how to do the various ports on your own.

I second Rick Steves' book, Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports. Did you know he has Rick Steves' North Europe Cruise Ports coming out July 3? I can hardly wait to read it, even though I have no plans to do the Baltic again. EM

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I just got Rick Steeve's book from the Library after a long wait.

Yes, we are on HAL NA line.

Will get back with a few more ?'s after I have read the boo and explored the forums which is huge for a beginner.

Thanks

Archived