Live and Greetings from the Sapphire 4/13/13

Working 2 Cruise

Wish I had money set aside! I just received an incredible email from Princess... $349 for a 7 day Alaska cruise, $699 for a 14-day cruise... Thank you Princess fairy, but my husband really doesn't want to go to Alaska! I do, however! :) What do I do? These are the lowest fares I have ever seen1

Wow Nina...guess Princess likes you more than us because we didn't get that offer (where's a whining icon because that's what I'm doing :p). Maybe it's a special for those like you who are so close to their HQ? ;)

Have a great cruise! I'm really looking forward to your "live" as this is the itinerary we are hoping to do later in 2014.

I'm looking at this one too for a "sisters" cruise. Looks like a good one for us to get away for a week. Thanks for having us along!!!:D

Embarkation was a breeze... Check-in was really fast and we were waiting in the preferred area at 11:20 a.m. We boarded the ship at just before noon.

I had my first snicker of the day (or cruise)... Someone loudly said what is this miserable display (coffee, tea, orange juice and water)... Where are the pastries???? All that in French... Of course, unbeknownst to him, I speak French... I turned to him and told him what he could do with his complaints... All in French. :D Needless to say, he was stunned!

As to the embarkation process, Princess personnel did call elite passengers first, then platinum.

We have E501 obstructed (but not too much). I have to say this is the first time I ever smelled the "sewage" smell on any ship... :(

Since we were starving, we just went to Horizon Court where we had our first delicious meal (we could not take the time for a full sit-down lunch). Prime rib, ribs and fried scallops made up the main portion of my lunch. It was very good. Then my husband proceeded outside, had a martini and 24K margarita... I was good and stuck to my one bloody mary!

We will be off to our muster drill fairly soon... All is well, we are on a beautiful ship!

As far as the movies being shown on MUTS, they are as follows:

Jack Reacher; Les Miserables; The Hobbit; Life of PI and Skyfall...

Cruise Director is Billy Hygate; Captain is Nick Carlton.

I was surprised to see I was entitled to 150 minutes of free internet, I always thought it was 100 minutes for 7-days... Nice surprise!:D

Embarkation was a breeze... Check-in was really fast and we were waiting in the preferred area at 11:20 a.m. We boarded the ship at just before noon.

I had my first snicker of the day (or cruise)... Someone loudly said what is this miserable display (coffee, tea, orange juice and water)... Where are the pastries???? All that in French... Of course, unbeknownst to him, I speak French... I turned to him and told him what he could do with his complaints... All in French. :D Needless to say, he was stunned!

As to the embarkation process, Princess personnel did call elite passengers first, then platinum.

We have E501 obstructed (but not too much). I have to say this is the first time I ever smelled the "sewage" smell on any ship... :(

Since we were starving, we just went to Horizon Court where we had our first delicious meal (we could not take the time for a full sit-down lunch). Prime rib, ribs and fried scallops made up the main portion of my lunch. It was very good. Then my husband proceeded outside, had a martini and 24K margarita... I was good and stuck to my one bloody mary!

We will be off to our muster drill fairly soon... All is well, we are on a beautiful ship!

I was surprised to see I was entitled to 150 minutes of free internet, I always thought it was 100 minutes for 7-days... Nice surprise!:D

We always have enjoyed Billy as the CD. :)

Wish I had money set aside! I just received an incredible email from Princess... $349 for a 7 day Alaska cruise, $699 for a 14-day cruise... Thank you Princess fairy, but my husband really doesn't want to go to Alaska! I do, however! :) What do I do? These are the lowest fares I have ever seen1

We are jealous would love to take advantage but have tpo add the air fare boo hoo

Great! Sounds like a nice lunch in the buffet! I'm curious when you can find out is about the Pub lunch. know it's usually on sea days but since they're are none when if at all it will be. Thanks for all the info and enjoy!!

I had my first snicker of the day (or cruise)... Someone loudly said what is this miserable display (coffee, tea, orange juice and water)... Where are the pastries???? All that in French... Of course, unbeknownst to him, I speak French... I turned to him and told him what he could do with his complaints... All in French. Needless to say, he was stunned!

Love it! Thanks for a good chuckle. If not too much trouble could you let us know which night is Italian night in the dining room on this itinerary? Have a great cruise!

Have a wonderful trip!

If you have anytime dining go to the Santa Fe dining room and ask to be seated with Mark Ryan and Vic. You wont be disappointed!

Billy and staff are wonderful- dont miss the Yes No game and the Liars Club. Enjoy!!

Thank you everyone for the comments! As for the questions, the first pub lunch is today (we sail into SF around 1:00 p.m.). I will keep a lookout for Italian night.

As far as wine upon embarkation, I did not see anything, but a great big poster advising that luggage will be checked. I know my luggage had been scanned and checked because I had taken a box of sugar (???) with me and when I opened the suitcase, the box of sugar had a nice big hole in it and sugar all over my clothes! So, I would not even try sneaking in anything at this point, it just is not worth it.

Michelle, yes, my husband said he had too many drinks... He just wants to stick to water, coffee and lemondade today! Actually, that will last just maybe a couple of hours or so...

We will definitely be heading to Crooners today... Just had to bypass it yesterday.

Sail away from San Pedro yesterday was lovely. The band, New Deal, is very good. I almost fell out of my chair when the horn sounded (or should I say blasted?)...

Dinner was wonderful in the Savoy with good service. Internet is getting spotty so I will post this and check in later!

For those of you who wanted to know, the seas (after about 10:00 p.m. until now) have been choppy to rough, but not bad... Loved it, love the motion and gave us a really good night sleep. Of course, this morning everyone is walking like drunks!

Captain Carlton just made an announcement that, since the seas were so rough (his term not mine), we will not be able to dock in SF until 6 or 7 pm versus 1:00 and we will leave SF tomorrow around 5:00. That should give everyone of an idea of what is happening. I could not help myself but went for a walk on the Promenade and got a faceful of sea spray! In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I am taking my Kindle and sitting there while hubby sleeps.

Today there is a martini demonstration, culinary demonstration, champagne auction (ugh!), basketball shootout (in those seas?). The Majority Rules Gameshow is on tonight as well as the comedy of comedy impressionist Jason Neistadt. We will probably see Jack Reacher tonight since we will not disembark tonight but rather tomorrow with the new change.

Frank, is this when the Captain says that he will know who is drunk or not by walking a straight line?

These waves are really spectacular. Some people look a little green this morning!

During our Sapphire Princess cruise to Hawaii last month we were very impressed by the staff in the Vivaldi Dining Room and in Sabatini's. Our waiter, Ovi Pometcu, was taking his competitive test the following week to qualify to move up from waiter to the coveted next step, Dining Room Supervisor.

Ovi's wife is the Captain Circle Representative, if you have the chance to ask her how the test came out we would love to know.

Thanks,

The Roses

We are up early and heading for breakfast in a short while. Then, San Francisco here we come! We are leaving SF for Santa Barbara at 5:00 tonight. Not sure about the temperature, but it is a lovely day in San Francisco! I managed to get sunburned yesterday during our wild ride to SF! In the afternoon, it became very sunny, at least at the Outrigger Bar where we were shielded somewhat from that wind...

I will make sure to try those seafood vendors at Fisherman's Wharf... I have been craving crab legs, lobster and oysters... I will try for all three, but I really do not want to be a pig...

Tonight is formal night. This afternoon a few concerts are available on MUTS, Coldplay: Live 2012 (yay, a current one!), Genesis Invisible Touch (not so current). Also, there is the Sommelier Wine Club, but with the revised schedule, I am not sure if it will be well attended. Of course, there are multiple sets of trivia, taboo, etc. The movie playing on MUTS tonight is Les Miserables and the production show Born to Be Wild.

Of course, since it is our first formal night, there will be the Champagne Waterfall..

That's all folks! See you later!

Archived