Live and Greetings from the Sapphire 4/13/13

Working 2 Cruise

I thought I would start this "live from" today and just pick it up from the ship tomorrow! I have not seen a live from a Pacific Coastal cruise (just a wonderful review from Cuizer with a lot of photos) so, now, there will be one!

The ports are San Francisco (overnight in SF), Santa Barbara, Catalina, San Diego and, of course, the inevitable Ensenada!

As far as scheduled entertainment, all I know is we have Alfred and Seymour and Carlos Oscar...

Weather and sea conditions are forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday to be windy (25 to 35 kts) with swells of 9 to 15 ft. Should make for a nice rocking motion (one can only hope)!

This should be a fun and relaxing cruise. I will catch up with you tomorrow!

Bon Voyage!

I was on the Sapphire to Hawaii a few weeks ago, and now the Sapphire is my favorite Princess Ship!

Do you have Traditional or Anytime Dining?

I have seen Alfred and Seymour and really liked them.

I did a California Coastal with Disney last year and it was fantastic.

San Francisco was great and we went to the Walt Disney Family Museum. I didn't even know there was such a thing and I'm a huge Disney Fan. If you have a chance to go visit it, it's really interesting and fun. We were there for about 3 hours and I could have stayed longer.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Please tell us what time you arrived in San Pedro, and how long it took to get on the ship. Would also be interested in knowing how they handled the wine "issue" that Princess has started. We're really looking forward to your review.:):)

Please tell us what time you arrived in San Pedro, and how long it took to get on the ship. Would also be interested in knowing how they handled the wine "issue" that Princess has started. We're really looking forward to your review.:):)

We are planning on arriving at the port around 11:00 a.m. I will let you know how it goes! We are bringing only one bottle of wine but I will check to see how things are being handled.

I love the Sapphire, she is a beautiful ship!

I thought I would start this "live from" today and just pick it up from the ship tomorrow! I have not seen a live from a Pacific Coastal cruise (just a wonderful review from Cuizer with a lot of photos) so, now, there will be one!

The ports are San Francisco (overnight in SF), Santa Barbara, Catalina, San Diego and, of course, the inevitable Ensenada!

As far as scheduled entertainment, all I know is we have Alfred and Seymour and Carlos Oscar...

Weather and sea conditions are forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday to be windy (25 to 35 kts) with swells of 9 to 15 ft. Should make for a nice rocking motion (one can only hope)!

This should be a fun and relaxing cruise. I will catch up with you tomorrow!

Enjoy your cruise! I will look forward to reading your live reports from my favorite Princess ship!

Wish I had money set aside! I just received an incredible email from Princess... $349 for a 7 day Alaska cruise, $699 for a 14-day cruise... Thank you Princess fairy, but my husband really doesn't want to go to Alaska! I do, however! :) What do I do? These are the lowest fares I have ever seen1

Wish I had money set aside! I just received an incredible email from Princess... $349 for a 7 day Alaska cruise, $699 for a 14-day cruise... Thank you Princess fairy, but my husband really doesn't want to go to Alaska! I do, however! :) What do I do? These are the lowest fares I have ever seen1

At those prices pay the extra single charge and go!:p

Well, folks, we are packed and will be heading towards the port in about half an hour. One thing for certain, it will not be a warm sailaway... Windy and the high projected for today 60-65 degrees... For us Californians, that is a bit chilly... But we will enjoy every minute of it!

I wil report back sometime today, I hope, once our internet is set up. Gloria, I wish you could have come with us. Hopefully, our paths will cross on another sailing soon!

Bon Voyage Nina!!! As for Alaska... trips are about compromise. Tell your DH that if he goes to Alaska with you, the next trip he picks. ;) We did Alaska that cheap last year smack in the middle of July! We couldn't believe our luck - mind you we got the email sale 29 days before sailing, but we were already going to be on the West coast for a wedding, so it worked out.

Archived