Neptune suites breakfast on Volendam

Iwant2BatC

Can anyone tell me why the Volendam suite breakfast is served in The King's Room rather than in The Pinnacle? I really miss Pinnacle breakfasts and feel it is one of the best perks of the Neptune Suites. IMO the substituted King's room is a poor substitute and very unappealing. There is never a management person in there and the tables are banquet sized.

It's because the Pinnacle Grill on the Ms Volendam has no windows and they choose the Kings room for natural light and view.

MS Volendam was our first cruise and the service was impeccable. Ironic that our waiter on that cruise was the Manager of the Pinnacle Grill last November on the MS Noordam. it was his first contract when he was our Pinnacle waiter on the Volendam.

It's because the Pinnacle Grill on the Ms Volendam has no windows and they choose the Kings room for natural light and view.

MS Volendam was our first cruise and the service was impeccable. Ironic that our waiter on that cruise was the Manager of the Pinnacle Grill last November on the MS Noordam. it was his first contract when he was our Pinnacle waiter on the Volendam.

this post hits the nail on the head. Our first experience for breakfast was also there on the Rotterdam (if I recall correctly). Tables were great and not banquet size. Views majestic and service impeccable. In fact that is where DH got introduced to sambal (spelling wrong probably).

We had a great time there and wonderful service - sorry that you were disappointed op.

Pinnacle on Zaandam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Volendam are all converted from former Marco Polo and Odyssey restaurants. Those four ships came from the boatyard with alternative Italian restaurants that are interior spaces. All the Pinnacle added are outside with windows and the Vista and Signature ships had them built in original construction.

I space with windows is more pleasant during the day than a windowless restaurant.

I think the Neptune Suites breakfast is in the Kings room or other location than Pinnacle on all or most of the R and S class ships.

Neptune and Pinnacle Suite breakfast is in Pinnacle on all the "S" ships, Vista and Signature ships.

It is the "R" ships that have the interior space Pinnacle..... as I pointed out above.

After five weeks on the Rotterdam and loving the (inside)Pinnacle breakfasts and the excellent manager and staff - one morning in the King's Room was more than enough for me on my recent Volendam cruise. Windows are nice but not at the expense of the more elegant and personal setting of the Pinnacle. It was like going from the Hyatt Regency to Motel Six. IMO.

Can anyone tell me why the Volendam suite breakfast is served in The King's Room rather than in The Pinnacle? I really miss Pinnacle breakfasts and feel it is one of the best perks of the Neptune Suites. IMO the substituted King's room is a poor substitute and very unappealing. There is never a management person in there and the tables are banquet sized.

When we have eaten in the King's Room -- there were a few tables for 6 by the windows. There were also 2 tables for 8 more inward in the room.

I don't consider those tables to be banquet size ones.

Volendam was in Australia so long, we haven't sailed her in years. I'm not willing to fly that distant. I hate long flights. Europe and cross country U.S. are my limits at the moment.

However, I well remember the King's Room from all the ships and Volendam's was once well used and they kept it attractive.

I still like Pinnacle for breakfast and anything else is second best IMO

We have sailed on the Volendam many times over the years, and we love the King's room for breakfast. The view is pleasant, and in the Pinnacle there isn't the lovely view or the natural light.

Thank you for all your responses. I guess to each his/her own. That is what makes the world go round! From now on I will avoid the ships that have Kings Room breakfasts. I agree with the part about windows being nice but I prefer having a Pinnacle Grill manager in charge. Things just seem to run more smoothly with a visible management person.

Archived