Days no longer show on Cruise History

san diego sue

Just checked my Cruise History on my Princess account. They show all the previous cruises and future ones. In totals at the top of page only show cruises taken number and where days would show there is an asterisk.

I just called Captain's Circle Princess and she confirmed no longer showing it. Something to do with combining P&O cruises (which we have never taken), days will no longer show total for anyone. The days show up next to your cruises taken, so you could do your own math.

I asked what happens once on ship, how will they know Most Traveled etc. and she said it will still show up on their records, just not on ours.

Doesn't make sense to me. I am sure there will be lots of calls to Princess about this. People will be complaining.

Just checked my Cruise History on my Princess account. They show all the previous cruises and future ones. In totals at the top of page only show cruises taken number and where days would show there is an asterisk.

I just called Captain's Circle Princess and she confirmed no longer showing it. Something to do with combining P&O cruises (which we have never taken), days will no longer show total for anyone. The days show up next to your cruises taken, so you could do your own math.

I asked what happens once on ship, how will they know Most Traveled etc. and she said it will still show up on their records, just not on ours.

Doesn't make sense to me. I am sure there will be lots of calls to Princess about this. People will be complaining.

Hi Sue

If you look on my thread below 'UK Cruisers' you will see that there has been a major database 'upgrade' and many of us in the UK have the incorrect number of cruises and also incorrect number of days. In our case, we have 'lost' 13 cruises totalling 184 days.

However, where we have an asterisk against the days sailed - if you look to the left you will see 'print this page' and then this bring up the days sailed.

We, in the uk, have not been told that we have to physically to add up the days for ourselves so this is a new one for us 'over the pond'. Can see Circle Host on board will be busy if there are the number of mistakes in the USA as there have been in the U.K.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

To Crows Nest Club,

You are so correct. I clicked on Print page and when the total history comes up, there are the total days as well.

Why in the world wouldn't the Circle Rep. at Princess know that. Thanks to you, life is easy again.

No problem Sue. Always ready to help our friends 'over the water'.

The probelm in the u.k is that with the U.K. records now being migrated to the U.S website, Princess have managed to 'lose' so much information from us here and they are striving to sort things out. Also, all our Captains Circle numbers have changed over to the U.S ones - we only found this out when accessing the Cruise Personalizer. Princess do seem to want to change things too often. We have a saying here 'if it ain't broke, then don't fix it'.

Daphne

How could anyone at Princess think this improves their customers' experience? :eek:

Someone actually took the time to change their system to not list our total days & to require us to add them ourselves to view our total days...why? :confused: The totals are available to Princess but not their customers...why? :confused: They say it has something to do with P&O cruises but wonder how many of us have sailed with them...not me.

Thankfully their cruises are better run than the way they manage other aspects of their company. They need to fix actual problems like 'sold out' cruises being available for just under 100 billion dollars & to not create problems where none previously existed...like listing our total days sailing with Princess. :rolleyes:

How could anyone at Princess think this improves their customers' experience? :eek:

Someone actually took the time to change their system to not list our total days & to require us to add them ourselves to view our total days...why? :confused: The totals are available to Princess but not their customers...why? :confused: They say it has something to do with P&O cruises but wonder how many of us have sailed with them...not me.

Thankfully their cruises are better run than the way they manage other aspects of their company. They need to fix actual problems like 'sold out' cruises being available for just under 100 billion dollars & to not create problems where none previously existed...like listing our total days sailing with Princess. :rolleyes:

Apparently Princess are now migrating the U.K Princess Captains Circle into the US system, thus the change of our CC numbers. Also many UK cruisers have PO Cruises in their total cruise days (although PO cruises now do not count). The problem has been the 'upgrade' is not migrating the information correctly.

Apparently Princess are now migrating the U.K Princess Captains Circle into the US system, thus the change of our CC numbers. Also many UK cruisers have PO Cruises in their total cruise days (although PO cruises now do not count). The problem has been the 'upgrade' is not migrating the information correctly.

Thanks for that info & the tip that when printed it displays total days and hopefully it will eventually return to listing our days in our online Captain's Circle account. :)

Until then it's odd that Princess can view our total days but not us. :confused:

It's a rather trivial issue but I've read too often about some who've had their cruise history improperly changed & requiring us to calculate them each time requires an unnecessary step to check for errors. :(

They have also lost our future cruise credits.

Mine still show in the US but we haven't heard about major system changes like in the UK. Did they email or put a notice in UK passengers online system about problems as they modify their system? I'd think a simple notification would make passengers aware of the problems which could minimize the number of inquiries they would receive from concerned passengers.

When did P&O stop counting? I've not seen anything :confused:

Just checked this. My format looks all the same. The line that says total cruise days has an * signifying nothing. The length of each cruise in days still shows, but I have to add them all up myself. Fortunately, our first night reservation in Sabatini's is still intact.:D

Just checked and my total days also no longer show up. Its a simple thing but frustrating not to easily see my total. How hard would it be for them to total the days by cruise line separately? A couple of days into my next cruise I'll pass the 365 day one year mark and was looking forward to seeing the total reflect over a year at sea with Princess.

(if you had told me that future fact after my first cruise I would have thought it was a huge joke)

Mine still show in the US but we haven't heard about major system changes like in the UK. Did they email or put a notice in UK passengers online system about problems as they modify their system? I'd think a simple notification would make passengers aware of the problems which could minimize the number of inquiries they would receive from concerned passengers.

Only thought the same. No word from Princess on the uk website - left to concerned passengers, like us, to notice on the cruise history that we have 'lost' 184 cruise days. ~They must be inundated with complaints. I feel sorry for the u.k. staff.

Only thought the same. No word from Princess on the uk website - left to concerned passengers, like us, to notice on the cruise history that we have 'lost' 184 cruise days. ~They must be inundated with complaints. I feel sorry for the u.k. staff.

Hopefully you won't have any problems getting them back after the computer issues get fixed...it's too bad they're not more proactive & informing passengers. :(

I agree, the UK staff are the ones having to deal with more inquiries because management didn't do a good job & hopefully the problem will soon be ancient history. ;)

When did P&O stop counting? I've not seen anything :confused:

They are still counted. We have read here that they may not be counted for future P&O cruises but I have not heard anything from Princess regarding this.

I just checked ours...we are in Australia, no cruise days either, just credits. I counted the credits and they havent changed and include my P&O Australia and P&O UK cruises, as well as my Sitmar ones.......and I am still Elite phewww......

Chez

xx

My Cruise History (US) still does not show the Total Princess Cruise Days.

However, as crows nest club said in post # 2, all you have to do is click on PRINT THIS PAGE on the left side of the Cruise History. You then get a Printable Cruise History with the Total Princess Cruise Days provided - so you don't have to add them up yourself. I think several later posters missed this comment on the Printable Curise History.

Archived