Riviera PH#10052

Michael@ssrp

DW and I are long time Regent regulars who are going to try O for the first time next year on Riviera for a Trans-Atlantic, MIA to BCN. We have tentatively booked a PH2 #10052, (now a PH3). Looks mid-ship and our TA says best available. What do you with O experience think?

I prefer deck 10 vs deck 11 and DW would like this amidships location so we certainly would like it. Only staterooms on this deck and above and below so always at least two staircases either way for a little bonus exercise! We enjoyed our PH on Riviera with the walk-in closet a favourite. Never imagined I would say that but it was a great feature - especially on a longer cruise.

DW and I are long time Regent regulars who are going to try O for the first time next year on Riviera for a Trans-Atlantic, MIA to BCN. We have tentatively booked a PH2 #10052, (now a PH3). Looks mid-ship and our TA says best available. What do you with O experience think?

It's a perfect location. I prefer the PH's on Deck 10 and you are directly in the middle..no noise from above or below. There are rooms directly across from you but you won't hear anything. You will love the whole O experience and will most definately enjoy the PH. Wish we could be sailing with you.

We too prefer PH3 on deck 10 (for above mentioned reasons - cabins above and below you, less noise).

A little price break helps as well ;)

Great benefit of a PH is the possibility of in-suite dinning from any specialty restaurant - when one either cannot get an extra reservation or just wants to dine in one's robes after a long day :)

Edited by Paulchili

Just left Riviera in Barcelona last Sunday after a very nice Trans-Atlantic from Miami. We had PH1 #11052 (not located above 10052). Did not like the deck 12 overhang or the noise from moving chairs and loungers above particularly by the crew from 6 am each morning. After an onboard research exercise to choose a cabin for a future cruise we booked 10056 which is next door to your 10052. From all accounts this is a great mid-ships location with no noise. Enjoy your cruise.

The only drawback to being in a Suite on Deck 10 is that it is a long haul to the Executive Lounge on deck 11.

The good news is that your Butler can also supply anything that you might want from the lounge.

Enjoy your Suite! :D

"The only drawback to being in a Suite on Deck 10 is than it is a long haul to the Executive Lounge on deck 11."

Yes, I researched that as well and some PH suites on Deck 10 are actually closer to the Executive Lounge that some suites on 11......even including a few stairs. After our recent 2 weeks of Riviera food it might be considered an advantage to have a few stairs between our accommodation and the lounge.....it cuts out the necessity for a trip to the gym......lol

Having been situated in a PH3 cabin close to Globevest's location in November, I totally agree with his/her assessment. You are far better on deck 10. The overhang & early morning noise from above on 11 in PH3 was really annoying...and Oceania is well aware of the noise issue.

We knew several folks in PH3 cabins on deck 10 who had no such issues and loved their cabin locations. Go for it and enjoy!

We were cruisers with Regent and are now dedicated Oceania cruisers. I think you will find the layout of the ship much nicer, the food better and the rooms just as nice. If you are a reader, the library is far superior to Regent's.

We always book a PH3 on the 10th floor, you can't go wrong with that floor. You did well in your choice. Enjoy your trip and let us know your opinion when you return.

Personally I like the PH2s on deck 11 somewhat forward directly below the Oceania suites in Deck 12. They are quiet and close to the lounge.

I'll not book deck 11 again (well, not saying 'never') due to the deck 12 overhang. Sailing into ports such as Malta's stunning harbour it is hard to get a decent picture unless shooting downward. Also for me I love to sit out on the balcony and watch the clouds and sky and sea. The rail is on the horizon and the overhang cuts off the clouds. Lose the feeling of the 'great wide open'. This sky view is the reason I book cabin with a verandah on a TA. A deck 10 PH would work well for me (and I could use that extra staircase!)

Edited by YoHoHo

Although we are quite familiar and "at home" with all the Regent ships, Oceania is totally new to us, so we feel like first-timers again, downright exited! Thank you all for being so responsive and welcoming!! We would be more than happy to return the kindness if any of you desire to "stray" from O, and have Regent questions ...:eek:

We have booked 10022 PH3 Nov, 2011, Mar. 2013. In Nov. 2014 for the Trans Atlantic BCN to MIA 10022 will be PH2. 10020, still a PH3, next door, doesn't suit us because it is too close to the laundry, so we are paying the higher price. You are on the port side, All the PH's look alike, and the ship is stable. To get to the Terrace Cafe, we walk by your PH and all the other on the way to to rear elevator bank. We never noticed any instability. You will like your accommodation. Enjoy your trip.

First post...we are confirmed in 10014 in October, 2014 from Barcelona to Venice. Our cruising experience has been limited to a few days on Carnival in the Caribbean so we expect a much, much, better experience. My wife has been known to suffer motion sickness but has had success recently with the patch. Any thoughts about this cabin in these waters at this time? Thanks.

Mike

First post...we are confirmed in 10014 in October, 2014 from Barcelona to Venice. Our cruising experience has been limited to a few days on Carnival in the Caribbean so we expect a much, much, better experience. My wife has been known to suffer motion sickness but has had success recently with the patch. Any thoughts about this cabin in these waters at this time? Thanks.

Mike

Looking at the location, I believe you will be fine. my wife has also had issue with "Mal de Mer" at times and the center location has proved to be a good spot. You are cruising an area of the Med where most of your transit will be near land, hence calmer waters in general. A great itinerary! Other suggestions would be some non drowsey formula Bonine, ginger candy, or the old stand by, ginger ale such as Canada Dry. My prescription: Go have a good time!

I enjoy the forum and appreciate the comments. This will be the first cruise post-retirement and I intend to modify choices as my wife and I decide what's important. I will probably start a new post to reflect on excursions, alcohol package, Internet, etc. Not having cruised, I won't know if well use them or not. My initial thought is prepay more packages to encourage me to use them. If I don't use them, I'll know for next time. If I go the other way and don't prepay, I probably won't use them because I tend to get hung us on the nickels and dimes. I want to avoid that on this vacation.

It's about seventeen months away but I'm getting excited already.

OH no! My husband and I are 3rd time O cruisers but this is our first on the Marina. We've had a PH in the past but this time thethrifty "Scotsman" booked an A1 on deck 12. Any experience out there? Is it likely to be rough? I have been known to get seasick. Perhaps a PH on deck 10 would be better. We are sailing the Baltic in September. Thank you!

We have booked 10022 PH3 Nov, 2011, Mar. 2013. In Nov. 2014 for the Trans Atlantic BCN to MIA 10022 will be PH2. 10020, still a PH3, next door, doesn't suit us because it is too close to the laundry, so we are paying the higher price. You are on the port side, All the PH's look alike, and the ship is stable. To get to the Terrace Cafe, we walk by your PH and all the other on the way to to rear elevator bank. We never noticed any instability. You will like your accommodation. Enjoy your trip.

we are booking Nov 014 TA trip as well; I was told it is best to be on port side on the crossing? True?

OH no! My husband and I are 3rd time O cruisers but this is our first on the Marina. We've had a PH in the past but this time thethrifty "Scotsman" booked an A1 on deck 12. Any experience out there? Is it likely to be rough? I have been known to get seasick. Perhaps a PH on deck 10 would be better. We are sailing the Baltic in September. Thank you!

The Baltic should be fine. The North Sea is another matter! Hopefully your cruise is not sailing there.

Just left Riviera in Barcelona last Sunday after a very nice Trans-Atlantic from Miami. We had PH1 #11052 (not located above 10052). Did not like the deck 12 overhang or the noise from moving chairs and loungers above particularly by the crew from 6 am each morning. After an onboard research exercise to choose a cabin for a future cruise we booked 10056 which is next door to your 10052. From all accounts this is a great mid-ships location with no noise. Enjoy your cruise.

This will be our fourth Oceania cruise but first on Marina. We will be on deck 11 in 11055. Is there also an overhang on the Marina--looking at the deck plan it looks like there is...? Apparently I missed that detail! Have always been in PH1s on the smaller ships on Deck 8 and never experienced an issue with noise above us. Hope that will be true during our September cruise on Marina...

This will be our fourth Oceania cruise but first on Marina. We will be on deck 11 in 11055. Is there also an overhang on the Marina--looking at the deck plan it looks like there is...? Apparently I missed that detail! Have always been in PH1s on the smaller ships on Deck 8 and never experienced an issue with noise above us. Hope that will be true during our September cruise on Marina...

Yes there is an overhang over the balcony on Marina Deck 11 PH rooms.

We were in 11073 and it did not bother a lot but I suppose deck 10 is better.