Battery Night Light

Flipper1

I usually throw in some of those battery-operated tea light candles. Great for nightlights in bathroom, etc. Have seen them at dollar stores, etc. in small packages. At places like Hobby Lobby or Michale's there's a pack of about ten (they have coupons online sometimes so look for it....40% off one item not already on sale) The big packages sometimes have extra batteries. Also, near automotive / camping section of walmart there are little flat keychain flashlights but you have to hold the button in for them to be on. Tealights, you just set on the counter.

You could consider bringing one or two battery operated candles- one for the stateroom, one for inside the bathroom. They provide a nice bit of light without needing to be plugged in. Target has a nice selection of sizes. :)

Those little battery powered tea lights are great for night lights in bathroom also partly obscured to give just a little light in the cabin if you do not get enough through the window, or if you are in an inside. Make sure you bring several - they usually only last three of four nights at best.

I find the bathroom light much too bright in the middle of the night.

Several years ago I started bringing battery operated tea lights whenever I travel, and place one on the counter in the bathroom, and one on the desk/dresser surface in the cabin/hotel room. They provide just enough light to safely navigate my way from the bed to the bathroom and back, and the one in the bathroom reflects the light in the mirror, which magnifies the amount of soft dim light provided by the tea light. Not enough to wake me up completely and make it difficult to get back to sleep, which is what used to happen when leaving the bathroom light on all night.

I have had very good luck with just taking a couple of them and having them last for a whole 10-14 day cruise, because I turn them off as soon as I get up in the morning. I generally buy them at the Dollar Tree near where I live.

Where can you purchase a small battery operated night light for the bathroom. We are traveling with children.

You didn't say what ship you will be on. Some ships have a built-in night light in the bathroom. Celebrity S-class ships do. When you turn the bathroom light off, a small night light illuminates.

Some other ships have a 120v outlet in the bathroom where you can plug in an electric night light. Celebrity M-class ships have an outlet in the wall mounted hair dryer where you can plug it in, and Disney ships have them in the wall over the sink.

1zfmsli.jpg

5ajpue.jpg

Dollar Tree, WalMart and Target have battery operated tap lights with the LED's which are very/to bright in my opinion. The tea lights would give off minimum light, or you could take a power strip, and use a normal night light.

You can get LED battery motion detection night lights with a magnetic base at the big box hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot.

For the main cabin, turn the tv to forward camera channel and out on Mute. You will have a night light that also let's you know when the sun is up.

I've purchased them at Michael's and Wal greens, and the Dollar Tree. I put one on the floor past the bathroom, and then one in the bathroom, Yeah, you dont want t leave the bathroom door open. Oh, and there is an actual site if you want something fancy, batteryoperatedcandles good luck, I say Walgreens has the best price.

Where can you purchase a small battery operated night light for the bathroom. We are traveling with children.

I bought one of the Energizer L.E.D. tap lights at Target last year for our cruise as a night light in the bathroom. Worked out great. We'll be using it again this year. Before packing, I turn the batteries around backwards so the light doesn't accidentally come on and possibly run down the batteries (or they could just be removed). If you find the light is a little too bright, just put a dry wash cloth over it to diffuse the light.

really 2 pages when the question was answered in detail by the second or third post. everyone padding the post numbers?

You'll find that many of us like to share our own personal experiences with something. It has nothing to do with "padding the post numbers". Haven't you ever been in a room full of people and noticed that many of them are talking about the same thing (weather, politics, latest fashion trends, whatever)? When a large number of cruise enthusiasts gather on a social web site such as this, it's really not so different.

Archived