Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

March 13-15 in Fort Lauderdale beach area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is 176 + tax/fees or 195 per night on LMTClub. The place you're looking at on Hotwire is 97 + tax/fees. Checked out betterbiddingdotcom and they do not have a listing to match up with the amentities you listed. Another choice is the Hyatt Place for 182 + tax through the link below. It has gotten real good reviews on the board as well as the booking site. but it's not right on the beach.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm#Today%27s%20Super%20Value%20rates

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone won bids recently in the Port Canaveral area near the port. Have bid there a couple of years ago and won the Country Inn and Suites near the port.

I am staying there for my cruise also. Curious what area to bid?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just won this one Hotwire:

Hyatt Pier Sixty Six

$139.00 per night=$278+ 54.00=$332.00 -$25.00 discount(Promo Code welcome25 if you download the app on your mobile device) so the grand total for 2 night, 2 adults/2 kids= $307.

They do charge a resort fee of $13.00 per night at check in.

I'm happy I found the extra discount code. I think at $150.00 it might be worth staying there?

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am going to try bidding today for the first time. I am a little nervous about the unknown also how much to bid.....

Any suggestions? Looking for 2/11-2/14 in Ft. Lauderdale or Hollywood, kid friendly and close to water taxi or beach (or on beach) bonus!

How far in advance should I try priceline or hotwire for a hotel room next February? In Miami or fort Lauderdale

Most of the time I start bidding 6 weeks out. However, watch the Priceline Express Deals starting now. When I saw a 3-1/2 star "Customer Favorite" with free airport shuttle and a free breakfast at the FLL Airport area for $74 for this May I grabbed it up, more than 6 months in advance. I haven't seen it that low since. It was the Hyatt Place, which has had excellent reviews. You are pretty safe with a "Customer Favorite". Be aware of what a good price is and if one pops up, go for it.

Also, watch Last Minute Travel dot com. There is a fee to use it, but you can google for a coupon code and get the fee covered. I did that and just spent 3 nights at the Mrage in Vegas for $49.95 a night. The advantage to LMT is that you will know what the name of the hotel is up front. I had checked Priceline Express and Hotwire and this was the best deal for what we wanted at the tme we wanted to go.

Good Luck!

[quote name=Sunny AZ Girl;45432005

Also' date=' watch Last Minute Travel dot com. There is a fee to use it, but you can google for a coupon code and get the fee covered. I did that and just spent 3 nights at the Mrage in Vegas for $49.95 a night. The advantage to LMT is that you will know what the name of the hotel is up front. I had checked Priceline Express and Hotwire and this was the best deal for what we wanted at the tme we wanted to go.

Good Luck![/quote]

There is no charge to use lastminutetravel.com. And if you call the number, they will cut a few dollars off the rate.

If you want, you can join LMTCLUB.com, often free with a promo. There you will get the best offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

4/3/15 1 night

Hawthorne Suites West Palm

Party of 4

1 night Hotwire Hot Rate Room@ $84.00/night $84.00

Tax recovery charges & fees $19.66

Subtotal $103.66

Discount -$25.00 (welcome25 promo code)

Hotwire Total $78.66

95% Customer Recommended

3 star

I'm happy with this!

Sue

Just got $162 hotwire Secret sales April 5th JW Marriott Brickell Miami...Happy with the hotel:D

We just got the same secret sale (few dollars more) and were so pleased to see JW come out! I get SO worried when I bid or try the "4 Star favorite" deals...relieved to see JW.

Listed at 165 and then I applied a 20$ coupon which expired today. Fees, taxes, etc and it's still under 200 for our pre-cruise stay.

The room is currently pricing at just under $400 on other sites!

Happy Travels!:rolleyes:

Hello,

Just won this one Hotwire:

Hyatt Pier Sixty Six

$139.00 per night=$278+ 54.00=$332.00 -$25.00 discount(Promo Code welcome25 if you download the app on your mobile device) so the grand total for 2 night, 2 adults/2 kids= $307.

They do charge a resort fee of $13.00 per night at check in.

I'm happy I found the extra discount code. I think at $150.00 it might be worth staying there?

Sue

I am looking at this hotel as well. Do you have any more details so I can try to track it down on Hotwire?

Thanks!

I am looking at this hotel as well. Do you have any more details so I can try to track it down on Hotwire?

Thanks!

Hello,

Yes, here is what you should look for:

Free Internet

Resort

Pet Friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

75% Recommended

I just looked at my dates again and wow they dropped down to $106.00 per night. Kicking myself for not waiting to book. I would have saved $75.00.

Don't forget to download the app on your mobile phone. Promo Code welcome25 will give you a $25.00 discount if you book through the app.

There is also a $13.00 per day resort fee. I would recommend reading the review on Trip Advisor. Very mixed reviews. I'm keeping an open mind & i'm not overly picky.

Also, if you use the app you can see the reviews.

Good luck!

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Trying for the last few days with bid my own price on Priceline and finally won.

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Date: Sept 19, 2015

#of nights: 2 nights

Offer price: 69.00 nt

Room subtotal: 138.00

Taxes & Fees: 25.08

Total charged: 163.08

So happy to win this hotel. Hoping we will have a room in the tower section.

Before I start bidding.. I look at the 3.5 and above hotels with the freebies...

then I go to the secret hotels and most time you can tell what hotels they are

Then I go to the bidding... usually I will pay the $5.00 for insurance and if it is really bad I will just ask my doctor to write me a note that I can not travel..

Last few times I booked a pre cruise in San Juan and got a good deal on the beach

Just booked a five day in Aruba the Renassiance for $125 reg $200.

Had used them several times and never got a bad deal

Just call the hotel after you get your confirmation to make sure you have a room and request the beds you like.

Bring that confirmation with you to the hotel.

Check your statement afterwards cause the "hotel" not price line charge me again.... but price line fixed it for me with in hours.

Cathy

Got provident doral today for post cruise stay for under $100 in July. Now for the pre cruise stay we want to stay in south beach and Miami beach. Too many hotels with so many varying reviews and high prices.